Staggered, Port Canaveral

lele100

Did they just start doing staggered check in at port Canaveral? When I booked the cruise they didn't have it I thought I read they do now. When did it start? Also I know I have to choose it if I am platinum but will it work like Miami that although I chose a time I can go anytime I want? Thanks Reason I am asking is because I usually choose a late one so that I leave the early times for those that need it.

It'll officially begin on January 29 I believe. I have not cruise Jeezy the stagger check in time is been assuming they work the usual way. I have a cruise schedule out of there February 24 and I was able to pick my check in time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Staggered check-in at Port Canaveral is starting the end of January. Yes, choose a time even though you are Platinum and arrive when you wish. To help those not yet Platinum, maybe choose a later time leaving earlier times available?

Staggered check-in at Port Canaveral is starting the end of January. Yes, choose a time even though you are Platinum and arrive when you wish. To help those not yet Platinum, maybe choose a later time leaving earlier times available?

Yes, thats what I meant when I wrote the Reason I wanted to know on my post. I do that from miami all the time

This makes me mad. Why didnt they send us an email telling us to pick a time. We have been booked for a yr and have had our documents filled out for weeks. I knew about the staggered check in, but also knew PC didnt have it yet.

Lack of communication. I mean they send me emails all the time for ridiculous stuff and not for something I need to know to board the ship? Thank goodness for these boards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Does a Platinum or Diamond even have to pick a time since it doesn't matter??

New(er) to cruising, so please disregard my lack of knowledge...

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral after they implement the staggered check-in times... If we purchased FTTF, we still get to board at the time that's listed on our "excursion" document, correct? Or does that time window change now?

Again, thankful for the info I can find on these boards! Otherwise I'd be lost.

Just checked my booking and didn't see anywhere to pick a time. Our cruise leaves Feb 9th. We are Platinum. So I'm wondering if that's the reason I don't see it on my booking???

PS Never mind I did find it. Had to back to my online checkin. It was there....

Edited by Kudos2Fly

Does a Platinum or Diamond even have to pick a time since it doesn't matter??

We are platinum also and we're able to pick a window.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing - please select your anticipated check-in time so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard. Please keep in mind that transfers and Faster to the Fun may not be available for all sailings. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.

Take care,

Vinnie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CruzVinnieCruz

New(er) to cruising, so please disregard my lack of knowledge...

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral after they implement the staggered check-in times... If we purchased FTTF, we still get to board at the time that's listed on our "excursion" document, correct? Or does that time window change now?

Again, thankful for the info I can find on these boards! Otherwise I'd be lost.

Pick your time on the check in even though it won't matter what time you show up, if you are able to get FTTF. Arrive at port at 11:00 (when the terminal opens) and have boarding pass in hand. Follow the lines for FTTF if you have it and after you are checked in they will seat you in the FTTF section. After Wedding, Diamond, Platinum and Suite guest board then you FTTF will be called. Even though the doors to the cabins will be closed, if you have FTTF you may take your stuff to your cabin and begin to have a good vacation.

Just checked my booking and didn't see anywhere to pick a time. Our cruise leaves Feb 9th. We are Platinum. So I'm wondering if that's the reason I don't see it on my booking???

PS Never mind I did find it. Had to back to my online checkin. It was there....

Great!!!

Take care,

Vinnie

Edited by CruzVinnieCruz

Great!!!

Take care,

Vinnie

Thanks found it after some searching on the site... Picked 11am. No reason for us to hang around the house... :-) Rather be on the ship then at home...

Edited by Kudos2Fly

I have a question. I see references to the PC terminal opening at 11 a.m. and the earliest times starting at 11 a.m. I remember reading that check-in times for certain other ports start at 10 a.m., or at least they did when this staggered system started. From my experience, PC is not a late-opening port. I'm sure we arrived at around 10:30 a.m. for our last cruise out of PC, and we were by far not the first people to arrive. Is PC opening later, or are they just trying to encourage cruisers not to arrive until 11 a.m.?

Thanks for the post! I didn't realize this was available yet, since it didn't start until the end of January.....

We don't cruise on Magic until June, but I was able to get our slot for 11:00. We have FTTF, so it really doesn't matter, but I know we'll be there super early anyway:D:D

166 days to go!:D

I have searched and searched the online check in and cannot find anywhere that allows me to choose a boarding window. The links on the carnival page to choose a boarding window just take me to my booking page. Frustrating! :mad: Can anyone provide a little more specific information about where to choose a boarding window? Thanks!

I have searched and searched the online check in and cannot find anywhere that allows me to choose a boarding window. The links on the carnival page to choose a boarding window just take me to my booking page. Frustrating! :mad: Can anyone provide a little more specific information about where to choose a boarding window? Thanks!

You do not choose a boarding window, you choose a check in time. That is the time you are allowed into the terminal to begin the check in process. Carnival is gradually rolling out staggered check in to all the ports, so it may not be available to choose for your sailing yet, or your cruise may be too far out. I could choose my Vista check in time in November, but cannot choose my Sunshine time yet. Under My Cruise Manager look for the blue box on the left that says online check in. On the left column it says current guests, onboard expense set up, cruise ticket contract. There will be an extra box that says my check in time if you are able to choose a time.

I have a question. I see references to the PC terminal opening at 11 a.m. and the earliest times starting at 11 a.m. I remember reading that check-in times for certain other ports start at 10 a.m., or at least they did when this staggered system started. From my experience, PC is not a late-opening port. I'm sure we arrived at around 10:30 a.m. for our last cruise out of PC, and we were by far not the first people to arrive. Is PC opening later, or are they just trying to encourage cruisers not to arrive until 11 a.m.?

I am wondering the same thing. We cruised last out of PC on the Dream in 2013 out of Terminal 10 I think. If memory serves me right, we got to the port at 10:40 ish and were on the ship by 11:10? We had FTTF and even with the chaotic elevator wait, I think we were in our room by 11:30.

We will be a suite guest and have FTTF. I don't have an option to choose a check in time, but I am guessing because my cruise is not until 4/18 and I haven't paid it off yet. :)

I hope they open earlier!!!

I am wondering the same thing. We cruised last out of PC on the Dream in 2013 out of Terminal 10 I think. If memory serves me right, we got to the port at 10:40 ish and were on the ship by 11:10? We had FTTF and even with the chaotic elevator wait, I think we were in our room by 11:30.

We will be a suite guest and have FTTF. I don't have an option to choose a check in time, but I am guessing because my cruise is not until 4/18 and I haven't paid it off yet. :)

You do not have to have the cruise paid in full to choose a check in time, but your cruise is too far out. I cannot choose my time for October 2017 yet.

We don't cruise until June, but we have the option. Weird.:confused:

We cruise on February 25 on the magic. I just found out about this and went to set up my time but it didn't give me any options. I noticed on my boarding pass that I could report between 12:30 and 3:00. Not very well organized.[/quote

We are also on the Magic on Feb. 25th. I was able to select my check-in time yesterday. You have to go to On-Line Check In portion under "manage my cruise". On the left hand side, under the guests name, is "my check in time". This is where you will choose your time.

Hope this helps, and by the way it doesn't matter what your check in time is that is not your boarding time. Check in time is only to check in to the port, they will not even allow you in the building if it is before your check in time. As far as the cabins being ready, doesn't matter when you check in or even board, they will announce when your cabins are ready, you cannot go to your cabin until they say that they are ready, Unless of course you are Diamond, Platinum or FTTF, then you can go upon boarding.

1809043349_1-10-20179-49-26AM.jpg.cf467c92ce88bd0f65dcb79aac0c5e79.jpg

576029771_1-10-201710-00-03AM.jpg.3991070101ca5eebc51de14d4f5c121c.jpg

Edited by lele100

In reference to Platinum cruisers choosing a later time to help out others who want the early slots - I was advised that I should pick the time I plan to check in. If I'm earlier, they will still let me in, but if defeats the whole of the staggered check in. It was implemented to help control crowds; therefore, if all the Platinum, Diamond FTTF, and suites choose a late time to give their "slot" to someone else, but actually show up early it defeats the purpose, doesn't it?