Navigator or Freedom of the Seas?

Would you mind telling me what you disliked about Navigator?

So many things it's hard to remember them all. Green water in one of the solarium hot tubs all week., refrigerator not working, then told by housekeeping manager on day 5 it was supposed to be room temp. 3 1/2 hour wait in the parking lot to board (diamond plus). Food I know food is subjective but there were many items, such as chicken you could not cut with a butter knife. pasta sauce with the consistency of tomato juice. Many food items non existent. Missing our on board picture (we have them from our first 49 cruises) Having guest services tell me I wasn't eligible for "a meal with an officer". Food in the dining room cold the majority of the time. Showing a movie in the theater at night in lieu of an evening show. A filthy balcony, filthy windows in the windjammer and the solarium. Many more things but tired of typing.

After 50 cruises this was the first time we have complained to management.

I really like Navigator have not done Freedom but sailed on sister ship Liberty last year. Navigator was refurbished 3 years ago , really like the pay restaurants Giovanni's Sabor, Chops and Izumi. Found it a little less crowded than Freedom size, sailed her 2014 and 2015 and have her booked for 2017

Haven't been on the Navigator but have been on several other Voyager class ships and several sailings on the Freedom.

I would vote for the Freedom, esp for a TA cruise. The RP on the Freedom class ships is more spacious than the Voyager class ships.

They look very similar when it comes to amenities, but which one would you recommend for a Transatlantic cruise?

Depends on where it's going and where it came from.

On TA we like to do a southern route......more likely warm weather.

Having done several cruises on Voyager class and Freedom class ships, I prefer the Voyager class (Navigator) as it feels less crowded. The Freedom is a stretched version of the Navigator so more guest rooms, but a lack of extra public space to accommodate those guests.

My only exception would be if you're cruising with younger children - the Freedom has a fabulous kids pool/splash area - an area where the Navigator is lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums