Insignia 6005

courtjester777

Hello to all...In negotiations with Oceania on another cruise I was also offered an upgrade from a GTY inside on Insignia South Pacific 18 day Papeete to LA...The cruise expert at Oceania suggested 6005...Any thoughts on...1 the cabin ?....2 ..the general sea conditions in May?...

Much appreciate any insights

Hello to all...In negotiations with Oceania on another cruise I was also offered an upgrade from a GTY inside on Insignia South Pacific 18 day Papeete to LA...The cruise expert at Oceania suggested 6005...Any thoughts on...1 the cabin ?....2 ..the general sea conditions in May?...

Much appreciate any insights

6004 and 6005 are the largest of the outside s/r on board. Check out the deck plan. You will see that the room is expanded to the depth of the verandas in 6006 and 6007. We had stayed in one of these on two occasions, once because of a downsell by O - they needed our Concierge s/r - and once because of an itinerary we wanted and only outsides were available. Since we were so very pleased with it the first time, decided to book it instead of wait for the following year for the same itin.

The stateroom has a very large round window, about 4 feet in diameter which gives a great view of sea and land when in port.

Can't help you with sea conditions since we have not cruised to the So. Pacific yet.

Donna

Hello Jancruz....After I posted my queries I found an old thread that stated room was over theatre ...they practice in afternoon and show at night...this should not be an issue since I plan to be on pool deck or somewhere else on the ship in the afternoon and in the evening taking in the shows live...

Thanks for info...No worries!!!.....:):)

Maybe a bit too late but you can always hop over to the Azamara sticky with cabin tips which is regularly updated with tips and advice.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=362469&d=1442161283.

whatever you choose have a great time this cruise is on my bucket list.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78
checked attachment

Thanks Zoncom...that's good....we are usually retire late and early risers!! so looks like that will work....did some checking on threads ...not many very specific about the south pacific...just a few but getting a feel for the Insignia on longer excursions...sounds like a nice relaxing ship.. ...very much look forward to the good weather sea days taking in the south pacific on the pool deck!!!:):)

Thanks Paulchili....Done some poking around on the boards...looks like the shows are not getting great reviews...but that is ok...sure I can find some things to do !!!....

My wife not a great flyer...Flying in from T.O......long haul...only way could get her on a flight that long was to take advantage of the air deviation ...fly in week early to Tahiti ...let her recover!! lol:)..do some pre cruise R and R..wait for Insignia

Hello Jancruz....After I posted my queries I found an old thread that stated room was over theatre ...they practice in afternoon and show at night...this should not be an issue since I plan to be on pool deck or somewhere else on the ship in the afternoon and in the evening taking in the shows live...

Thanks for info...No worries!!!.....:):)

We had no noise issues; shows are over pretty early mostly, by 11 at the latest.