Poll: Instant Message Your Roll Call Friends

LauraS

Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?  

2,275 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a CC App to instant message your RollCall friends on board your cruise?

• Yes - I would like members to instant message me on the ship
    • No - I would not like members to instant message me on the ship
    • Maybe, I'll tell you why in a post below

If the App is as complicated to use as the rest of this site, my answer would be definitely NO.

Had a good belly laugh, thank you. Still figuring things out and have been on this board for almost 2 yrs.

Back to the topic..."no" if complicated or if any cost (which includes wifi minutes)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to CC so I hope I'm posting in the right place.:confused: Just five more days and we'll all be on the Ruby Princess. I plan to attend the Meet and Greet at 10:30 a.m. on January 29th---do you??:)

You would be far better off if you posted this in your roll call. Here is a link to your roll call ...

http://http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2379411

Just want everyone to know you must have proof of Yellow Fever shot (not really recommended for those over 60 by CDC) or letter from your doctor saying you should not have the shot. I have been told you must show proof before boarding. Required in Guiana (Guyana). Malaria pills are recommended. Lots of DEET bug spray.

Yes I would use it because it is always good to stay connected with new friends!

No I wouldn't use it because (even though I have only been on one cruise) I never really had idle or boring times. No matter where I went on the ship it was very easy to talk to and meet new people. I didn't have to do it electronically.

So...yes and no. A definite maybe.

Edited by Thisisgood

When I get on the ship, the cell phone goes into the safe and stays there until I'm ready to disembark. I don't like to carry anything with me except the sea pass around my neck or the wrist band on some ships.When we go into port, I'll carry the phone to take photos and in case of emergency. I leave the real world behind.

When I get on the ship, the cell phone goes into the safe and stays there until I'm ready to disembark. I don't like to carry anything with me except the sea pass around my neck or the wrist band on some ships.When we go into port, I'll carry the phone to take photos and in case of emergency. I leave the real world behind.

Quite right too. My approach exactly.

Only problem is, when you sit at a cafe or bar with free wifi there's just that temptation to have a quick look at emails and what's going on in the world. :)

I'm not sure its good for me as I don't usually have my phone on during voyages. If I am cruising from USA, on embarkation day I have my phone on but once we set sail I turn off the phone until I return to the states. That's why I say maybe...

This is only our 3rd cruise, and our first time on Serenade of the Seas. I have just signed my husband and I up for the Meet and Mingle - not something we have done before.

We are really looking forward to the ports that we will be visiting. I would like to hear from those on board who have been to these islands before - particularly wondering if they are the types of places where you can just get off the ship and wander rather than booking excursions.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rhonda Shlanger, and I am so excited to go to Italy and Greece. My hubby Arthur will be with me and we cannot wait. We live in Toronto Canada.

Just a few days ago we booked a hotel in Rome near the Spanish Steps which is called Hotel Golden.

We are looking to share transportation with someone else to get to and from the ship.

Our ship of course leaves Augl 11th and comes back to the port Aug. 21st.

We would like to get to the port as easily and smoothly as possible.

Sandy, I believe you wanted to share a ride. We would be interested in this.

We have selected most of our excursions through the ship and most are about 41/2 hours long. One is longer and that one is to the Almafi Coast.

Please let us know if you know who to contact to bring us to the port and who would be interested as we want to book this part soon.

Take care

Rhonda

I see you are new to Cruise Critic. Aside from the fact that this should be posted on a roll call, do you realize you have just given out your real name, location and the dates your house will be empty? Out of curiosity I did a search and had your home address in less than a minute. You can hit the red triangle in the upper right corner and request that the moderator remove this post and all quotes. For your security I would advise you to do so.

We tend to put our phones away when we get on board ship so as not to incur charges unless we are in a US port. One of the most relaxing of things is to actually disconnect from things electronic while on vacation. If using data would not cost money then we would do it, especially if we have made "friends" before sailing which we would like to stay connected to on board. Ships make that difficult.