Favorite Bar on the Getaway?

cruising_Bif

Excited for my cruise on the Getaway next month. What is your favorite bar, and why? We will have a group of around 12, so I'm hoping to find a watering hole that can accommodate us all and become our normal meeting place.

I think a great place would be the waterway area which has the Sunset bar I used to meet up there all the time and not crowded most times of the day.

When we have sailed the Breakaway a few times, I loved sitting at the bar outside. It was always very lively.

Is the Chocolate Cowboy on the Getaway or Escape.

Does the Getaway have a mojito bar?

We're doing a pub crawl along with our cabin crawl on the first sea day. That way we'll be able to see which of the Getaway bars suit *us* best! People have such different tastes in drinks, ambiance, etc. that it would be hard to get a recommendation unless you know the person giving it really well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

How is the bar between Moderno and Cagney's? I assume we will hit that when we wait for our table at each of those restaurants.

It's rarely open. It seemed quite empty most of the time. It was dark, upscale & elegant, exactly like the bar you'd expect at a quality urban steakhouse.

The bars I spent the most time at would be the Chill Bar and Sugarcane followed closely by Sunset. On my Getaway Cruises the outside Sunset bar was almost always hopping, probably because it was the smoking area. I tried the outside Sugarcane one night and there wasn't even a bartender at the bar, a server had to get my drink from inside.

The bars I spent the most time at would be the Chill Bar and Sugarcane followed closely by Sunset. On my Getaway Cruises the outside Sunset bar was almost always hopping, probably because it was the smoking area. I tried the outside Sugarcane one night and there wasn't even a bartender at the bar, a server had to get my drink from inside.

Does Chill have the same limited hours as the restaurant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a 7 day on the Getaway in May 2016. We went to the bar between Cagney and Modern before our dinner at Cagney. We had a bartender named Arthur who was from the Phillipines. We liked him so much we came back every night before we had dinner. He was so kind, made great drinks and conversation. He was our vacation hero!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

We're doing a pub crawl along with our cabin crawl on the first sea day. That way we'll be able to see which of the Getaway bars suit *us* best! People have such different tastes in drinks, ambiance, etc. that it would be hard to get a recommendation unless you know the person giving it really well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Do you have a schedule made up of which you plan on hitting in order? I'd love to do this with our group but a schedule would be needed in an effort to get to most of them. Knowing our group, we get the the first and not leave till dinner.

I second this! That's one of my favorite Mojito's too (along with the jalapeno one, if I'm already a few in haha).

I absolutely love the SugarCane Mojito Bar. Back in 2015 my SO and I met some awesome people at that bar!

Sugar Cane Mojito bar serves the best drink I've had on a ship: Spicy Passion Mojito!

One interesting thing is that I felt Sugarcane didn't make the best mojitos of all the bars on board. Just keep in mind that all bartenders are not created equal. One might make a drink much better than another.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is a very good point, actually. The Chocolate Cowboy was on our Getaway cruise in 2016 and oh my LORD, he was incredible. There was another amazing mojito bartender on the Getaway in 2015 (I forgot his name), but he wasn't at the Mojito bar (the bartender at the Mojito bar that night wasn't that great). So definitely explore all the bars, but find your favorite bartender and follow him throughout the cruise since they move around lol. I stalked the bartender on my first cruise (on the Breakaway) from the pool, to O'Sheeans, to H20. He was incredible. He was definitely my vacation hero that year.

One interesting thing is that I felt Sugarcane didn't make the best mojitos of all the bars on board. Just keep in mind that all bartenders are not created equal. One might make a drink much better than another.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk