Oceania newby

royal65

We've cruised quite a bit, but our Feb 2 Regatta trip will be our first on Oceania. So, a few questions:

- We're in a PH3. How many other cabins will our butler have and will she/he have an assistant?

- Our documents say embarkation at 11:00. Is that the check-in time or will it be earlier? Are they usually on time in Miami?

- Will the shore excursion desk be open on embarkation day and what time?

- We have the house select beverage package. Where can I see a menu selection?

thanx

Your butler will have about 15 cabins. You will also have a room steward/stewardess and a helper. The steward has many more rooms.

Embarkation will not start before 11 am and could be delayed for any number of reasons. Your cabin won't be ready until well past 1 or 1:30 and you will need to keep your hand luggage with you until your cabin is ready.

Destinations Services will be open and may have long lines with people wanting to use their OBC to book excursions.

We don't purchase the beverage package and don't have a current list. They change frequently.

- We're in a PH3. How many other cabins will our butler have and will she/he have an assistant?

The number of Suites that each Butler services, will vary according to seniority, but they work in tandem with two assistants, a cabin steward and a "helper". Your Butler will introduce you to his team, early on in the voyage.

Our documents say embarkation at 11:00. Is that the check-in time or will it be earlier? Are they usually on time in Miami?

11 am is the "early" Suite embarkation time, it indicates that you will be among the first allowed onto the ship. Oceania makes a great effort to be punctual; barring Customs troubles for the previous cruise, you should be fine.

Will the shore excursion desk be open on embarkation day and what time?

The Desk will be open from the time that passengers are allowed to board the vessel (typically 11 am).

We have the house select beverage package. Where can I see a menu selection?

Menus for The House Select Package may be seen on the Oceania website, here: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/ It should be noted that this Package includes beer, wine or Champagne, at any location and at any hour where a meal may be served on the ship (read that to mean in any restaurant or in ones' cabin), but only during the duration of that meal service which must be completed in a reasonable amount of time.

Passengers who wish to upgrade to the more liberal (Anytime, Anyplace) Prestige Package, may do so at the Front Desk by paying a stipend of $20 pp per day.

Both Packages offer the same selection of wine, i.e. anything that is being served "by the glass". The beer selection is identical with both Packages, and mixed drinks are only available with the Prestige Package. Liquor selection within the Prestige Package is virtually run of the ship. The highest end brandies, cognacs and single malt scotch are excluded, but little else.

Does the Prestige package include cocktails? Have looked on the website but couldn't see a definitive answer.

YES

It does not include bottles of wine, Champagne but just about any other drink on the bar menu is included in the package

Edited by LHT28

Does the Prestige package include cocktails? Have looked on the website but couldn't see a definitive answer.

This wasn't definitive enough for you? :o

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

I draw your attention to the Packages and Rates section:

Prestige Select

Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish

from $59.95 per guest, per day

I guess the time has come to tilt at some more windmills ...

As regulars know, we don't go for the package. There are some reasons for that.

One is that DH doesn't drink (maybe a sip from my wine glass). So we don't go to the bars, except rarely. Besides, I prefer a bottle of my selected wine to what is available by the glass. If we're in a top suite (which we have been more often than not in the past few years -- you do get spoiled once you've been in one), then we have a choice of alcohol or wine in the room PLUS we have taken to bringing on a few bottles of wine when we board.

So for US the package isn't worth it. Which is not to say it won't be appropriate for you.

I will say that if I took the package it would be the expensive one. I don't like the extra limitations on the basic package.

As to the butler question, I cannot remember a time when we called him for service and he didn't show up right away. If the calls takes place at a time when he is not on duty, some one else shows up. They are very flexible. When we've ordered dinner in our room, they are all accommodating.

Likewise, plain old Room Service has always been very prompt.

Mura