Angry Chair Hogs

bouhunter

I can't argue with any of that... I just feel over protective and the person said it was a "young child". For kids, regardless of he circumstances, I am super sensitive about bullying.

You make good points though and I confess that I may have over reacted.

Tom

Tom

Thank you for a thoughtful response, but I will respectfully disagree with one of your major points. I feel confident that a half hour before show time there were plenty of empty seats BUT that does not give one person the right to claim 20 primo seats, and relegate others to much less desirable seats. If the chair hogs learn that 6 or 86 year olds can get away with hogging, they would be regular sent on the family hogging mission. People who have no concern for others should not be surprised when others push back.

I fully support teaching kids appropriate life messages. While I agree that the clapping may have been excessive, I think that a child learning that hogging 20 seats is not accepted by many people nor fair to anyone else is a valuable lesson. A lesson I suspect he was not likely to learn from his parents.

My post below (#55 on this thread) was basically about the CD staff shaming (with humor) theatre chair hogs. I believe that every comment on that post was favorable, so apparently many people think that a certain amount of shaming can be appropriate.

Thom

Sent from my iPad using Forums

See you there in Sept. also, but don't save us a seat!!! Looking forward to meeting you! :)

Love that song. ;o) Weather permitting, I'll be hanging out on the deck catching the last of the late summer sunshine. Especially with only one sea day. If it's anything like our last couple of West Coast Cruises there will be plenty of loungers even on the pool deck.

Edited by davekathy