PG on E4

TheCalicoCat

I have Explore 4 on my 14-night AK cruise in July.

Can I make reservations online for PG - I seem to recall that booking on line included paying the $35 fee...

Since the cruise is 14-nights long, are the odds good that I will be able to make a switch if necessary once on board?

My son, 8, will be my travel companion & as the second person in the cabin also has a PG reservation, Can I use it instead? (I do not feel that that venue is appropriate for him & he would prefer kid food anyway.)

PG? Go to the back the school! It is Pinnacle Grill!

Go ahead. Talk to the Maitr'd and see what he says. 14 day cruise should not be a problem with changes. The young son might the food. I doubt a problem at all. The Maitr'd might even get something special for your son.

When you get to your cabin, there should be a card there indicating what night and time you will get your free dinner with the Explore4 package. If the cards aren't there, go right away and talk to the Pinnacle manager.

Most times you can get the date and time changed if you are not happy with what was assigned to you.

Now you can book online and choose the date and time you want and pay the $35 fee per person. Then once you get on the ship you can talk to the Pinnacle manager and have him change the assigned time to the one you booked and also refund your money. It will come back in the form of shipboard credit.

We have seen many children eat in the Pinnacle. They have steaks, lamb chops, chicken, French fries which most children like.

We always have booked an online reservation ahead of time. Then, once on the ship, we head to the Pinnacle Grill and ask to sub in our Explore 4 freebie. They have always given us a credit back for the Pinnacle Grill costs. They're pretty smart about it because we got $29 per person back, which is the cost when we booked - prior to the increase. Not only that but we got credit for 3 people, which is what we booked. They moved my father in law's credit over to us since we paid the advance reservation.

We always have booked an online reservation ahead of time. Then, once on the ship, we head to the Pinnacle Grill and ask to sub in our Explore 4 freebie. They have always given us a credit back for the Pinnacle Grill costs. They're pretty smart about it because we got $29 per person back, which is the cost when we booked - prior to the increase. Not only that but we got credit for 3 people, which is what we booked. They moved my father in law's credit over to us since we paid the advance reservation.

Thanks, very useful information.

Thanks, very useful information.

For reference, we're always prepared to take the hit and lose the cost of the the advance booking. It's never happened though. Not once. Ever.

The Pinnacle manager is usually happy to get the late week time slot back.

What is pg?? Are you pregnant???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, I though that those on the HAL, Holland America Line, CC, Cruise Critic, board were familiar with the perks of the E4, Explore 4, promotions, not limited to but including a free dinner in the PG, Pinnacle Grille.

Another hint would have been the context. My question did not in anyway imply pregnancy. Heck, based on what you know, I could be discussing a father son cruise.

But thanks for the help. It is appreciated.

[We have seen many children eat in the Pinnacle. They have steaks, lamb chops, chicken, French fries which most children like.[/size][/font]

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. I had thought that it was meant to be an adult venue.

(Were people want to appreciate a nicer meal & quiet conversation and not have to worry about a loud child, or an overtired cranky child, or a child who is thoroughly finished with the experience 1/4 through the meal.)

• 10 months later...
your free dinner with the Explore4 package.

It's not really 'free' since we pay for it via the artificially inflated base fares during the Explore 4 promo period. The same fares that mysteriously and quickly come back down right after the promo ends.