Alaska Cruisetour Luggage question

crpcruiser

We are doing an Alaska Cruisetour this May where we do the land portion first and then cruise. I have a question about the "Join Me Tonight" luggage. When we are done with the land portion of the cruise does it end up in our room on the ship or does princess hold it until we are done with the cruise? We are thinking we may not have enough room in our "Join Me Onboard" suitcase for all of our cruise stuff that we may have to put some of it in the "Join Me Tonight" suitcase. Thanks!

Carry with luggage (a small backpack or similar) is carried by you.

Join me tonight will be transported from Lodge to lodge for you and will appear in or near your room each night and then to your cabin on board

Join me onboard will be taken first night and delivered to your cabin onboard.

Yep. As stated above our luggage arrived in the hall outside our stateroom just like it normally does when boarding. It's easy! Remember to not make your "take it with you" luggage very large. There isn't much room for it on the motor coaches or the train.

• 4 months later...

We are doing land tour first, 2 nights Fairbanks, 2 nights Denali, 2 Mt McKinley......trying to figure out how to pack for 6 days in a backpack. I also have a camera backpack with camera, lenses etc. I don't understand the limited luggage on the motorcoach. I drive one professionally & I can hold luggage for 56 passengers on a 12 day trip....

We are doing land tour first, 2 nights Fairbanks, 2 nights Denali, 2 Mt McKinley......trying to figure out how to pack for 6 days in a backpack. I also have a camera backpack with camera, lenses etc. I don't understand the limited luggage on the motorcoach. I drive one professionally & I can hold luggage for 56 passengers on a 12 day trip....

You don't have to pack 6 days in a backpack. On the land tour you are each allowed 2 pieces of luggage . One will have most of your clothes in it. It will travel by truck and show up at your lodge. It will not be available for you to get into during the day while you are traveling. You will put a tag on it that says Meet me Tonight. The second piece of luggage will be a small carry-on that will have in it whatever you need for the day, like a raincoat, prescriptions, camera, whatever. That's what you keep with you. You can also send another suitcase ahead to the ship with your cruise clothes in it, stuff you don't need on the land portion. It will have a tag that says Meet me at the Ship.

We are leaving tomorrow for an Alaska cruisetour. We are packing the same as we did last year. We use 1 suitcase each to which we will affix the "join me tonight" tag that they will provide upon checking into each lodge. We won't use the join me on the ship tag at all. And we each have rolling backpacks that we will carry with us on the busses and trains. The suitcases are usually picked up early in the morning and won't travel with you but will be delivered to your room soon after you arrive if they aren't there already.

That sounds much better! You both explained it very well. My backpack will have all the camera stuff & my wife will carry the other personal things.We read the luggage rules on the Princess site two times, but did not quite grasp the small backpack thing. Thanks so much!

We are doing an Alaska Cruisetour this May where we do the land portion first and then cruise. I have a question about the "Join Me Tonight" luggage. When we are done with the land portion of the cruise does it end up in our room on the ship or does princess hold it until we are done with the cruise? We are thinking we may not have enough room in our "Join Me Onboard" suitcase for all of our cruise stuff that we may have to put some of it in the "Join Me Tonight" suitcase. Thanks!

We carried our only suitcase ( + a backpack for under the train seat ) with us on the land tour.

It was better for us to have all our 'goods and chattels' with us at all times.