Anyone else having problems booking MTD on Harmony of the Seas?

cubalinda

Hi there.

Looking for feedback to see if anyone has been experiencing difficulties making your reservations for My Time Dining on Harmony of the Seas or other Oasis class ships.

My cruise is April 29-May 6th and have been told by Customer Service reps at RCL that it's fine to start booking MTD times.

I have seen various messages online once I am able to get part way through the process on My Cruise Planner only to be told that all of the times are already booked when I haven't booked anything.

They have on 3 occasions told me that it was an IT glitch and that it would be fixed within 72 hrs. Nothing.No change/not fixed.

Today finally spoke to someone at Royal and said the Glitch would be fixed by the beginning of February and that it wasn't just Harmony that was experiencing this problem. Uggh

My travel partner (a newbie to RCL) didn't believe that there can be such a glitch and without our reservation number spoke to someone there and they said that MTD cannot be booked any earlier than 90 days before sail date.

If this is the real case why tell me that they would have this Glitch fixed on 3 occasions and not tell me the real reason why I can't reserve times?

Very frustrated.

Any comments/feedback/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We're sailing HOS on 4/15, so I just checked and I made our MTD reservations on 10/25....

just checked on they are still there...

There is a message on the website when I just logged in indicated there is limited availability for night 2 which is the one night we haven't booked dining for yet (going to do BOGO once we're onboard), so i'm wondering if the message you are seeing is related to the availability of reservations and not what you have booked for yourself....

We are in the same situation with a May5th sailing on the Harmony. I have been trying regularly since 180 days out. I was told the date to start when I booked. We are now 120 days out---still nothing. Not able to book entertainment or dining.

I have called numerous times only to be told, too early, glitch, try back we will get it fixed soon, call back, don't know what's wrong, etc.

Not really sure what to do next. We have cruised Oasis twice and have always been able to make plans by now. Frustrated.

We cruise on HOS in June 2017 and currently have MTD. The cruise planner will not allow me to make reservations either. I was wondering do you have to be paid in full to be able to make reservations? We have 2 cabins and I have not made our final payment yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruise on HOS in June 2017 and currently have MTD. The cruise planner will not allow me to make reservations either. I was wondering do you have to be paid in full to be able to make reservations? We have 2 cabins and I have not made our final payment yet.

You don't have to be paid in full. RC has not open reservations for your cruise yet. Just keep checking your Cruise Planner, there's no set time for reservations to open.

I just booked on Wednesday for a March cruise on Harmony. I was able to make all the activity reservations but it only let me book my time dining for 1 day. Every time I went to add in another day it erased my previously booked dining. I am assuming this is an IT glitch and will try again. But then again maybe I am doing something wrong?

I just booked on Wednesday for a March cruise on Harmony. I was able to make all the activity reservations but it only let me book my time dining for 1 day. Every time I went to add in another day it erased my previously booked dining. I am assuming this is an IT glitch and will try again. But then again maybe I am doing something wrong?

You may need to check out for each one individually. At least I did - I couldn't make multiple reservations at once. Had to go all the way trough the checkout process and then go reserve the next day.

Also, I noticed that when I first signed up the times were very limited. When I went back in a few weeks later, many more times were available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't have to be paid in full. RC has not open reservations for your cruise yet. Just keep checking your Cruise Planner, there's no set time for reservations to open.

Thanks for answering Bob!

I am really not trying to be difficult, but the reps shouldn't tell people that reservations could be made as early as 180 days out. This adds to my level of anxiety, because I would like to finish my planning. I have made many tries on my planner and I have made many calls, and get different answers. That adds to my anxiety because I don't know who's info is correct.

Thanks for answering Bob!

I am really not trying to be difficult, but the reps shouldn't tell people that reservations could be made as early as 180 days out. This adds to my level of anxiety, because I would like to finish my planning. I have made many tries on my planner and I have made many calls, and get different answers. That adds to my anxiety because I don't know who's info is correct.

The reps should not say quite a number of things. I sometimes think they get bonuses based on how much bovine excrement they give to people.