"LIVE"-Rhapsody of the Seas-14 Jan 2017-Exploring the Yucatán Peninsula

PCWalton1

We've been thinking about an aft junior suite on rhapsody for 2018 so I would be very interested in your thoughts and maybe a few pics? (Never stayed in an aft cabin - always midship )

I wonder what the balcony on the corner aft beside you is like?

Very interested in your general thoughts and comments on rhapsody.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I will be sure to posts some pics. We have loved aft balconies.

Following along! We'll be on same cruise in 4 weeks for Valentine's Day, and we're also going to Maya Chan for our first visit to Costa Maya.

My cousin went there and said it was great

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Yay, Bill! Thanks for taking us along!

As always, I am looking forward to your fabulous photos :D Just reserved Nachi for our Navigator sailing next month, and your photo reminds me that I must order the grilled shrimp again, which was fabulous!

Chris

They are good. Looking forward to them [emoji2]

I'll be on this cruise as well. We have very similar excursion plans so I'm sure we'll run into you. Already here near Tampa at the in laws. Cant wait to get onboard tomorrow!

The Seahawks defense is gonna have a tough time with Philly-area native Matt Ryan!

Edited by DeadPhish

I'll be on this cruise as well. We have very similar excursion plans so I'm sure we'll run into you. Already here near Tampa at the in laws. Cant wait to get onboard tomorrow!

The Seahawks defense is gonna have a tough time with Philly-area native Matt Ryan!

Yup that is going to be a tough game to win tomorrow.

Thanks, the towncar should be here shortly to take us to the airport. :)

Always enjoy your reviews. Thanks Bill and Marie.

Will be traveling soon to catch the Jewel of the Seas in San Juan.

Interested in what towncar service you used to get to SeaTac.

Always enjoy your reviews. Thanks Bill and Marie.

Will be traveling soon to catch the Jewel of the Seas in San Juan.

Interested in what towncar service you used to get to SeaTac.

I think it is called Seattletowncar dot com. $45 from the house to the airport. Just a little more than a taxi but more reliable. Plus it's not one of those little Toyota Prius. [emoji33]

Hello everyone. It has been unseasonably cold here in the Seattle area (overnight 20s is cold for us :eek:) and my birthday is coming up so time to get out of town and head for warmer climates. Tomorrow morning we board our Alaska Airlines flight to Tampa and then seven gloriously warm days and nights on Rhapsody of the Sea. If you are interested, come along. :D

32153598471_34acb7a0a0_b.jpg

Always enjoy following you folks on your cruises. Will be doing a B2B on her in april 2018! Sooo far away! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!....K.O.:)

Next stop is Costa Maya and our day will be spent at Maya Chan Beach.

Maya Chan Beach Resort is located four miles south of the busy Port of Costa Maya. We are a small oasis far from the hustle and bustle of tourism, and the hectic open restaurants and bars of the local village of Mahahual. Our all-inclusive beach break has been designed for the discerning cruiser who might not want to adhere to the strict regimen of a shore excursion. There is no need to rush off the ship to secure a spot in the shade, as this Costa Maya location reserves your spot ahead of time and holds it for you until you arrive. Our glass bottom kayaks are available for use all day, as well as our complimentary snorkel gear. Lunch is served fresh and hot off the grill, when you are ready to eat, not on a preplanned schedule. It’s YOUR vacation. Own It.

32275154905_af9d1901a1_b.jpg

31898926630_4b8dbff12c_b.jpg

We have been to Maya Chan - great food, friendly staff, nice accommodations - bring your own beach towels - note that there is no pool..............and the ride is BuMpY...........hold on to your seats - but it is all worth it.

We have been to Maya Chan - great food, friendly staff, nice accommodations - bring your own beach towels - note that there is no pool..............and the ride is BuMpY...........hold on to your seats - but it is all worth it.

Gary, thanks for the tip on the towels. I did hear about the ride so will be sure to hang on. :eek: :D

After checking in and dropping the luggage we walked up the street to Taps Beer and Wine restaurant.

I was a bit disappointed in the current beers on tap. I tried to get a 4 beer flight but 4 of 5 beers I selected were out. So I enjoyed a glass of Delirium Tremens from Belgium. That made up for it.

Marie had a berry Margarita to go with their pomegranate salmon. I enjoyed their short rib enchiladas.

19329bb7eb6ae030bcec3e5921a3386f.jpg

68abdd5f9435b90bf056323c3196af6b.jpg

Looking forward to this Bill. We're on the same cruise two weeks after you, so this review will be very interesting to me.

I'm watching this one with much interest, too. We're on the January 28th cruise also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going on the same cruise April 15th. Looking forward to seeing your review. If it's not to much trouble could you post dinner menus each night. Trying to decide when to go to Chops. Have a great trip.

In the past I have not been the best at posting all the menus but I will try. :o