Epic delayed?

BoozeCruiser83

Anyone know what's going on with the epic? Supposed to board tomorrow. Got a call yesterday saying boarding delayed until noon. Just got another call saying boarding delayed until 4!!!!???

They better be bringing a portable bar off the ship my beverage package was supposed to start at 12 [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They might have had the noro virus on board and they need to do a complete cleaning upon debarkation. We were on the Escape in October and we were notified that embarkation wouldn't start until 1:00 instead of 11:00 because of that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They might have had the noro virus on board and they need to do a complete cleaning upon debarkation. We were on the Escape in October and we were notified that embarkation wouldn't start until 1:00 instead of 11:00 because of that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I understand these things can happen but I wonder how it is dealt with...I have had my private transfers set up and they cannot be altered. I'll be standing outside for six hours I guess. Previous cruisers who have had this happen...did you stand outside?!

The Epic has been chartered all week for Holy Ship (EDM madness) so maybe lots of puke/damage to tidy up after that!

These cruises are notorious for late embarking on the following cruise. Lots of cruisers party all night and have a hard time waking up and getting off the ship by the deadline.

These cruises are notorious for late embarking on the following cruise. Lots of cruisers party all night and have a hard time waking up and getting off the ship by the deadline.

Interesting. They must make a lot off money from that charter to make it worth frustrating the 4, 000 late getting on. Seems a bit unfair that they can't enforce debarkation but ruin my embarkation.

Excuse my naïveté, but what are these cruises?

Just checkout holyship.com and you'll get the idea. :eek:

Well, I managed *not* to spit dinner onto the screen!

They should rename it, replacing the p with a t, since there's an exclamation (!) already in the name ....

AND I agree wholeheartedly with remedy69 about bringing out the booze cart off the ship for people who arrive at noon but have to wait until 4pm to board.

Another thing NCL, when people jet off to the departure port, they do so a couple or so days before the cruise and they may not receive/read emails NCL would send them about the late boarding ...

Edited by bluesea777

Anyone know what's going on with the epic? Supposed to board tomorrow. Got a call yesterday saying boarding delayed until noon. Just got another call saying boarding delayed until 4!!!!???

They better be bringing a portable bar off the ship my beverage package was supposed to start at 12 [emoji33]

Update. ..I'm here waiting in the terminal. Pulled up around 10:30 and walked right through security and check in...just waiting to atart embarkation.

Arrived early and a bunch were laying on the ground napping. Heard they had to tie down the furniture on the decks so it wouldn't get thrown overboard and that they drained the pools to clean them. I also overheard that supposedly 20% were arrested before they started to disembark.

On the iconcierge app I was able to see what the people who were in my room spent for 4 days. The one had the drink package and still spent over $700 [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the Epic next Saturday. I would appreciate any updates on the condition of the ship. I know NCL is always looking for new revenue streams, but I'm surprised they would risk a major capital asset like the Epic for one week of cruise fares. I presume they charged regular fares plus something additional for vandalism repair.

We are on the Epic next Saturday. I would appreciate any updates on the condition of the ship. I know NCL is always looking for new revenue streams, but I'm surprised they would risk a major capital asset like the Epic for one week of cruise fares. I presume they charged regular fares plus something additional for vandalism repair.

I agree, they are taking one hell of a chance! I realize I am older now, but even in my prime a cruise like that wouldn't do anything for me, no thankyou

I'm also on the Epic next Saturday. :) Having done music charter cruises for the past 2 years (with another one in March), the fare is indeed much higher than normal. Our lovely group of punk rockers was a favorite of the Sky crew - they told us we tipped higher, were kinder, were low maintenance, and they really enjoyed the music and accepting atmosphere. The spring break charter the week prior, however - :eek:. We were told they threw furniture overboard and were generally obnoxious. However, our cruise required the removal of seats in some areas, and seats in the theater to be covered in plastic to protect them from footprints and spilled drinks. :o I don't believe the Sky was any worse for the wear after we were done with our 3 days - and if it was, the ~$3500 I paid for a 3 day cruise should cover it. :eek: That being said, if there was ANY vandalism or destruction of property on the Epic, the perpetrators should have been confined to quarters, or put off the ship. No call for that - charter or not.

Hi. I just returned from Holy Ship 8.0 and 9.0 (they did two charter cruises back to back and I did both). Sorry if we delayed your departure: my assumption about the delay would probably be more about tearing down the stages and offloading them then partiers taking a long time disembarking (although I'm sure there were a few feeling the sleep deprivation and didn't get out of their cabins on time). We actually got back to port early and started disembarkation an hour earlier than scheduled, and it was honestly the fastest disembarkation I've ever experienced. I thought on the previous Holy Ship cruises (not on NCL) they planned a day of ship downtime to remove all the gear and stages but I may be wrong.

Arrived early and a bunch were laying on the ground napping. Heard they had to tie down the furniture on the decks so it wouldn't get thrown overboard and that they drained the pools to clean them. I also overheard that supposedly 20% were arrested before they started to disembark.

On the iconcierge app I was able to see what the people who were in my room spent for 4 days. The one had the drink package and still spent over $700 [emoji33]

There was no furniture tied down that I saw although they did cover the theater chairs and eventually the rugs in plastic. Some of the pool area was drained to provide dance areas. And no standard NCL drink packages were available either other than an ability to buy "drink tickets" where you get 13 drinks for the price of 12 purchased all at once (and also don't have to wait for the bartender to run your card and get a signature, an issue when the bars near the stages are as slammed as they are on Holy Ship). $700 actually seems kind of mild for a tab, especially if it was a cabin where it was shared between a couple.

And yeah, some people who didn't listen to the repeated warnings to not try and bring controlled substances across an international border (especially the US') were arrested. I guarantee it wasn't 20%; 20% of the Epic's 4000-ish capacity would have been impressive. Holy Ship is a sold-out and packed cruise, with every cabin capable of being a quad or triple setup and sold as such.

and if it was, the ~$3500 I paid for a 3 day cruise should cover it. :eek: That being said, if there was ANY vandalism or destruction of property on the Epic, the perpetrators should have been confined to quarters, or put off the ship. No call for that - charter or not.

Holy crap, $3500? per person? Holy Ship 4-night cruise pricing ranged from $899 to $1649 per person, depending on category and number in cabin. Haven not included in that range since it was set up as an area for the artists.

Also as to being surprised that Norwegian would do this: they're old hands at EDM cruises. The Mad Decent Boat Party was on the NCL Pearl in 2014 and 2015 I believe, and Groove Cruise has used the Pearl and I think other NCL ships although this year it's on the Carnival Victory (and sails next week).

Holy crap, $3500? per person? Holy Ship 4-night cruise pricing ranged from $899 to $1649 per person, depending on category and number in cabin. Haven not included in that range since it was set up as an area for the artists.

Also as to being surprised that Norwegian would do this: they're old hands at EDM cruises. The Mad Decent Boat Party was on the NCL Pearl in 2014 and 2015 I believe, and Groove Cruise has used the Pearl and I think other NCL ships although this year it's on the Carnival Victory (and sails next week).

Welcome back from your cruise! Hope you had a great time! I know we've enjoyed all of our Flogging Molly punk charters so far. And no - ours wasn't $3500 per person - even I have to draw a line somewhere! :eek: It was over $3800 total for my husband and I. For a 3 night cruise on the Sky. But at least ours included alcohol! :) This year, they've moved to Royal Caribbean and it's over $4000 for our suite. Absolutely worth it though! Mostly. :o

Welcome back from your cruise! Hope you had a great time! I know we've enjoyed all of our Flogging Molly punk charters so far. And no - ours wasn't $3500 per person - even I have to draw a line somewhere! :eek: It was over $3800 total for my husband and I. For a 3 night cruise on the Sky. But at least ours included alcohol! :)

It was awesome. Lots of great people partying for 4 days. And if ours included alcohol... :eek: we ran the first cruise this year out of champagne, at least the reasonably priced bottles, and that's presumably with the charter company warning Norwegian of our taste for the bubbles.

I just looked at the Holy Ship website. I saw you needed to be 21 to sail. For all of those that hate the kids on the ship, Next year is your chance.

Absolutely. Come join us, although I'd recommend people considering it to watch one of the past year's recap videos to make sure it's the quiet, mature, kids-free environment they're looking for. :D