LIVE Oasis of the Seas - January 15 to 22nd

Hi everyone,

I'm so excited to finally be going on this cruise...it seems like forever ago that I booked it.

First things first:

I'm travelling solo this trip so there won't be many selfies :).

Cabin: Central Park Balcony 10241

Western Itinerary.

Pre-Cruise Day 1

I'm travelling down to Orlando today. I'm hanging out at Pearson airport eating at Wahlburgers and surfing cruise critic ;).

The weather is perfect for flying...at least in Toronto. I'm hoping that the trend will continue all the way south. When I land tonight, I'll be heading to Disney for tonight and tomorrow, then off to Cape Canaveral tomorrow night.

To say I'm excited is an understatement!

You can follow along here on cruise critic or on Periscope...my username is @jenn_kerr. You can also follow along on my blog - cruisingthewavesalone.com

This is only my second cruise ever (previous one on Norwegian Getaway). I'm excited to see what RCL offers and how big the Oasis is.

king

Following and I would love your comparison of the two ships, especially if you were in a standard cabin and not the exclusive suites on the Getaway, .My DH and I are loyal to Royal and the Oasis class ship is our favorite of all of our cruises. but always looking for other fantastic ships and new ports-of call to try. We have now sailed on all three "sisters" and are booked for the Oasis of the Seas this up coming Thanksgiving. Enjoy your cruise, I can't wait for your review.

Edited by The sea calls my name

I would be interested to see how much they are charging for VOOM verses buying pre-cruise. Any cheaper on the ship?

I am on board right now! It was way more expensive once on the ship. Buy it in advance when it is on sale via the cruise planner!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Today was all about Disney!

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriot at Lake Buena Vista last night, it was a nice hotel..a bit dated but nice. The best part about it was that it was 5 minutes to Disney Springs and 10 minutes from Epcot.

The day started with Breakfast at the Garden Grill. This is a character breakfast in The Land pavilion. This pavilion is a great venue because it has many attractions to head to after you eat. The food was amazing! So much food and it was all you could eat! During Breakfast, the characters (Chip, Dale, Pluto & Mickey) walked around and greeted guests.

After breakfast, I went straight to Soarin. They've recently reopened this ride after adding a third theatre. This made loading quick and easy. I waited at most 20 minutes. They've also added an interactive game that you can play on your phone while waiting in line. You can even play at home ;) it's soarinclallenge.com! After riding Soarin, I went onto to Journey into Imagination and rode that a few times. I can't help it...it's my favourite. After that I did Test Track and then into World Showcase. The Canadian Pavilion is happily celebrating our 150th birthday so you can get a celebration button. Sometimes there is also an event called Character Palooza. This is when more rare characters can come out and greet people. Today the rare characters were Captain Hook and Smee!

Over all it was a great day! Disney is always fun and relaxing for me. I'm now set up in my hotel for the evening, not so patiently waiting for embarkation tomorrow. I did get a great view though of the port :)

I'm off to bed..I'll see you all on board tomorrow!!

~Bon Voyage

IMG_0144.jpg.e03fb12a20a8296f9163886c84bf3d4f.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg.cd313eb675506d5a06d382ebb49d99ce.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg.58d89480215cc5a491c0a43c780d081c.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg.35d755e1b6c05b0b9e09b1646507ac29.jpg