Balcony Guarantee & Alcohol Package

Hi Guys.

Since I have two questions I figured I'd only make one post.

1. I booked a balcony x stateroom on Indy at a huge discount and just received our cabin assignment today... cabin is a D1 Superior ocean view. I know this is the highest category before suites, and I'm probably crazy for thinking this but, am I able to downgrade to E2? I was hoping to get an aft balcony and there is one available on my sailing.

2. Is there truly only one alcohol package!? Wow, the last time I cruised there were tiers. Is it less expensive- or might there be a sale - if I book the drink package now or wait until I'm on board?

Thanks!

Edited by Brandywine_101

Hi Guys.

1. I booked a balcony x stateroom on Indy at a huge discount and just received our cabin assignment today... cabin is a D1 Superior ocean view. I know this is the highest category before suites, and I'm probably crazy for thinking this but, am I able to downgrade to E2? I was hoping to get an aft balcony and there is one available on my sailing.

2. Is there truly only one alcohol package!? Wow, the last time I cruised there were tiers. Is it less expensive- or might there be a sale - if I book the drink package now or wait until I'm on board?

Thanks!

The deluxe alcohol package is the only one there is now. Check your cruise planner on the price. They've been offering a 20% discount online. No discounts onboard unless you are Diamond or above.

Hi Guys.

Thanks!

You cannot change the cabin category once assigned. You can change to another cabin in that D1 category. You may be able to pay the difference for the E2 cabin category and select the cabin you want.

Good luck

M

If they think they will have an easier time selling the aft balcony over the d1 (and probably will if it's a cheaper room, think those are desireable), they are going to save it for someone paying full price rather than guarantee rate. If you want to pay the going rate for it I imagine they would let you switch. But the guarantee category exists so they can fill cabins no one ends up picking. They will want to preserve rooms they think someone will want to pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they think they will have an easier time selling the aft balcony over the d1 (and probably will if it's a cheaper room, think those are desireable), they are going to save it for someone paying full price rather than guarantee rate. If you want to pay the going rate for it I imagine they would let you switch. But the guarantee category exists so they can fill cabins no one ends up picking. They will want to preserve rooms they think someone will want to pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Makes sense. Thanks.

It probably would not help you, but we have had reports of people asking and being allowed to be put back into the GTY pool. If there were a lot of E2s left, you might luck out, get assigned an E2 and then you could switch to the E2 you want.