Quick Luminae Question Please

schmenge

I was curious if the dinner durations at Luminae tended to be the same as in the MDR. MDR can often be very extended due to number of tables, coordination of everyone's appetizers/entrée/desserts, etc.. I was thinking that Luminae service may be a bit quicker (or at least a bit more flexible to whatever your preference is).

I appreciate your feedback in advance.

Hi schmenge, we have just returned from Solstice and found Luminae fantastic you just let them know if you want to go to a show and they will serve you quickly. Or if you want to take your time that's ok too. We also enjoyed Michael's club so relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will adapt to whatever pace you want. Even at a slow pace, I don't think it would last as long as a MDR meal unless you were doing extra courses or taking your time on purpose. You can always skip dessert to shorten it, as well.

Whether in Luminae or Bu we have found it helpful to select one head waiter and continue with that person for the duration of the cruise or cruises.

We generally do B2B or B2B2B series. For example, we were in a suite on the Solstice for 30+ nights this past fall, and met our Luminae waiter O'Neil on the first night. He was excellent and we had no interest in changing.

We had a less than stellar experience in Luminae while on the Equinox in 2015. The experience on the Solstice was great. But that being said, whether the experience is stellar or not so much, the service will be paced to the preference of the guest. We prefer a slow paced meal, and our wait staff in Luminane accommodates our personal preference.

+

Just ask and the staff will sort...Just a couple of examples...

One evening we mentioned we would 'skip' desert as we had arranged to meet friends so they offered to send cold deserts or a cheese plate to our room.

A young couple traveling with a one year old (with obviously limited siting quiet time) looked at the evening menu in the morning and made their choices then so that on entering Luminae their starters would be straight out and their drinks already on the table.....Such a sensible approach, the young family still got to experience Luminae and the little ones tolerance was never stretched (only ever saw her smile and wave!).

Just liaise with your wait staff and your dinner will be as slow or as fast as you want it to be...

Most of the tables in Luminae are for two or four. Obviously, they can combine to suit the number of diners. We had a table of 12 the last night on our March Equinox cruise. There is no waiting for tablemates to arrive and therefore having to delay or coordinate the courses. As others have said, just tell your server what time you need to be finished and he/she will accommodate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping that Gozde is back on the Summit in July!

She was the maitre d' on our cruise this past August, and was a pleasure to deal with! She was on top of everything and made sure we enjoyed all that Luminae had to offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CruisersTimesThree