Harmony Coastal Kitchen-Embarkation Day Food

Bootman4U

In the past we have often ended up in the Windjammer for "lunch" on Embarkation day regardless of accommodation occupied.

For our April 2017 cruise we'll be in a Crown Loft Suite so will have access to the CC. Am wondering how extensive the food offerings might be and thanks in advance for any help.

Can't speak directly for Harmony CK, but on Oasis, CK did not serve lunch on embarkation day. However, there was a small buffet in the Suite Lounge area.

Here is a recent Harmony Cruise Compass, which will list the venues other than Windjammer that are open for lunch on embarkation day:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=51704248#post51704248

HOTS CK was open for lunch embarkation days Nov. 26 and Dec.3. When you arrive on board just go up to deck 17 and check. I would be surprised if CK didn't serve lunch. It is also open for breakfast on debarkation day, or was for us.

Thanks for that additional info. We will already BE "up on 17" so checking won't be a problem. I am, however, re-thinking this a bit after some further contemplation. Whereas I much prefer the variety of the Windjammer offerings and obviously do not share the feelings of those who say that "buffet food is bad" I don't particularly enjoy the usual "capture a table and remain there forever or else" routine that comes with not being in the venue when it first opens and all that.

Therefore am thinking maybe a quieter sit-down and relax at least a little spot might be better.

Of course, everybody else is probably thinking the same thing so given the size of the ship, and the fact that we have decided to do this sailing in the first place, I am telling myself to STOP "overplanning" and just "do it" so again, my thanks for all this information.

Sometimes too much info can be harmful.

If you don't mind a buffet, the Solarium Cafe is usually much less crowded than Windjammer.

LOL, Bob!!!

If I "minded" a buffet would I even BE IN the Windjammer? Ever?

But, all kidding aside, thanks for the tip regarding the Solarium.

What I actually do "mind" is a mob scene (don't ask the obvious, "Then what ARE you even doing ON this ship?" question) and, more importantly, the so-called "mob behavior" that comes with it.