Koningsdam Vista Suite Bed Location

getfuzzyfan

Looking at the floor plan of the Vista Suite it shows the bed by the balcony door. Are all Vista Suites like this or do they alternate with one cabin having the bed by the balcony door and the other with the bed by the bathroom?

Also, what are the perks with a suite? Specialty dining?

Looking at the floor plan of the Vista Suite it shows the bed by the balcony door. Are all Vista Suites like this or do they alternate with one cabin having the bed by the balcony door and the other with the bed by the bathroom?

Also, what are the perks with a suite? Specialty dining?

From the pics I have seen,they seem to vary in position from the balcony door to the more traditional other end of the cabin.

Try googling 4102 - Koningsdam - HAL cruiser information. You should see a few other vistas there too to give you an idea.

We were in a Vista Suite last month and loved having the bed by the balcony door. Don't think this is the configuration of all the Vista Suites on the Koningsdam. There are no "perks" such as specialty restaurants, cocktail parties etc. You have access to a concierge via the telephone.

To my knowledge, HAL does not offer any "free" dinners at a specialty restaurant for staying in a suite.

If you are in a Neptune Suite or a Pinnacle suite you typically are invited to various cocktail parties and lunches.

Edited by freestyling

We were in a Vista Suite last month and loved having the bed by the balcony door. Don't think this is the configuration of all the Vista Suites on the Koningsdam. There are no "perks" such as specialty restaurants, cocktail parties etc. You have access to a concierge via the telephone.

To my knowledge, HAL does not offer any "free" dinners at a specialty restaurant for staying in a suite.

If you are in a Neptune Suite or a Pinnacle suite you typically are invited to various cocktail parties and lunches.

The only real perk you get with a vista suite is double points.

From the pics I have seen, they seem to vary in position from the balcony door to the more traditional other end of the cabin.

I may be mistaken on this, but I think the AS Vistas on the stern are laid out like a standard verandah cabin with the bed nearer the bathroom and hall door, while the side A/B/BC all have it near the balcony door.

Edited by jtl513

We were in a vista suite - stern. The queen size beds are next to the veranda door - about 5 away. The "suite" was quite comfortable - we have been spoiled by Signature and Neptune suites - would not hesitate to book the catagory again.