Would a long sleeve dress be too hot on elegant night?

newt98

Asking a question for the DW.she is wanting to buy a long dress that has full length sleeves. She is worried she will b too hot. We are going on 8 day eastern on the conquest in mid February. What say you? Thanks!

Is she normally hot blooded, cold blooded? Personally, I get chilly inside the ship because of the air conditioning so long sleeves would be perfect in the dining room. I usually wear a hoodie everywhere inside but I tend to be cold blooded.

Asking a question for the DW.she is wanting to buy a long dress that has full length sleeves. She is worried she will b too hot. We are going on 8 day eastern on the conquest in mid February. What say you? Thanks!

It should be just right.

My wife wears that too at times and has not complained of being hot.

I've always been comfortable with sleeves in the dining room. Now, the caveat to that is, should you arrive at dinner service before the doors open and have to wait with everyone crammed out in the lobby area, you'll sweat like a wildebeest. :rolleyes:

Inside of the ship is air conditioned. Many men wear jackets on the dress-up nights and they are comfortable.

Personally, I'd have been cold in the MDR and show room with no sleeves.

This is very subjective. How is your wife in other indoor venues? Does she run hot? Cold?

On our Conquest cruise, on every one of our cruises in fact, I wore a sleeveless or short sleeve dress/top to the main dining room and was usually comfy to warm. I stopped bringing my sweater because I never wore it. It always stayed on the back of my chair.

I don't have time to read all the the postings, but this is what I do. Normally I do wear some type of dress with a sleeve, as has been stated (unless you are very warm natured), it can get chilly in the dining room. I also take a stole or a nice jacket that would compliment the dress that I was wearing, just to be comfortable while eating.