Lawn Club Grill

jules815

• 2 weeks later...

We just came off the Silhouette and did the Lawn Club Grill for dinner after a day in Jamaica. The weather outside that evening was perfect. The LCG was an excellent choice. You start with flatbreads made to order, then the salad bar. You then choose a steak, or another type of meat to grill, or various kebabs. Mix and match. Side dishes such as BBQ beans, lobster mac & cheese, baked potato etc. I had the Ribeye medium rare and it was done just right. The place was very busy but I did not really see anybody cooking their own food. I agree that the signature desert (warm choc chip cookie with ice cream) is not to be missed. Enjoy. We thought it was definitely a great experience.

We went twice for dinner and once for lunch. Besides the filet, which was excellent, we tried the shrimp and chicken kabobs the 2nd time and really enjoyed them. The salad bar was nothing to get excited about and we passed. Enjoyed the flat bread, especially the margarita. The lobster mac & cheese was not worth the calories, IMO, never did find any lobster in it.

I should have ordered the burger med rare because it was a little dry. Great service.

I so agree on the lobster Mac and cheese. They should actually pull it from the menu. As you, no lobster and the dish was rather bland. Box kraft mac and cheese would be better.

Try the burger for lunch in Luminae. One of the best anywhere IMO.

Best burger ever. Love it.

Thanks for all the info and pictures! I'll be sailing on Reflection in April with my adult daughter, and we've been checking out the specialty restaurants on the X website. We'll have access to Luminae, so might only do 1 or 2 specialty dinners. Lawn Club Grill is our front runner, with Tuscan next. (I was on Connie last March with my other daughter, and we really liked Tuscan, although I've read a few not so positive reviews lately.) Neither of us is crazy about sushi, so we're not sure about Qsine.

I note that while much of the responses have been regarding the LCG (and rightly so, it's a great dinner!), you do reference you have access to Luminae. From that I assume you have booked a suite, so I thought I would remind you that if you are looking for a little something different, you also have access to Blu, space permitting, and at no charge. We cruised Reflection to the Med in 2015 and while the Lawn Club Grill was our favorite alternate to Luminae, we had a breakfast and dinner in Blu that was also very enjoyable without paying the upcharge. We also loved Tuscan at the time, but recent reviews are not as favorable. So, IMHO, don't miss Lawn Club, but remember your options, and have fun!!!