Lawn Club Grill

jules815

The Filet Mignon is the best I ever had on a ship.

They use a special seasoning... much better IMHO than Tuscan Grille.

The desert is to die for : warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream

27-IMG_1137.jpg

Look for special events such as this one:

28-2015-09-01---At-Sea.jpg

102-P1010442.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I hear the filet is pretty good there. Is there anything you would recommend??

We ordered everything!

Salad bar, pizza, oh, they made the best GF for the wife.

We have friends just off that said the burger at lunch is even better! Well worth the $10 fee.

Can't get the pic to upload.:(

Edited by wallie5446

We went twice for dinner and once for lunch. Besides the filet, which was excellent, we tried the shrimp and chicken kabobs the 2nd time and really enjoyed them. The salad bar was nothing to get excited about and we passed. Enjoyed the flat bread, especially the margarita. The lobster mac & cheese was not worth the calories, IMO, never did find any lobster in it.

I should have ordered the burger med rare because it was a little dry. Great service.

Thanks for all the info and pictures! I'll be sailing on Reflection in April with my adult daughter, and we've been checking out the specialty restaurants on the X website. We'll have access to Luminae, so might only do 1 or 2 specialty dinners. Lawn Club Grill is our front runner, with Tuscan next. (I was on Connie last March with my other daughter, and we really liked Tuscan, although I've read a few not so positive reviews lately.) Neither of us is crazy about sushi, so we're not sure about Qsine.

We also have friends that just did the UBBQ shown by Miaminice, and said it is now the must do Speciality dinner!

This sounds great! The last time my daughter and I cruised together we did a wine pairing dinner on a RC ship, and it was a fun evening.

Don't rule out Murano! :D

It was also excellent.

Murano is actually third on our list. It's a toss up between Tuscan Grill and Murano. :) I'm starting to lean toward Murano, because it would be totally new to us. We've both done the Italian specialty restaurants on RC ships several times, so something like Murano would be a nice. The only negative we have about Murano is its specialty being Lobster, and we're really not fans of sea food. (I would probably like that grilled Lobster at the Lawn Club Grill though. :) )

The only negative we have about Murano is its specialty being Lobster, and we're really not fans of sea food. )

:) Not to worry! I really dislike seafood and still love Murano

They have an excellent Chateaubriand for two.

Since my wife wanted to have lobster on our last visit I could not have the Chateaubriand. The Maitre said "no problem, we can prepare a nice Filet Mignon for you instead".

To me Tuscan Grille has become kind of ordinary. There´s nothing so special about it any more. So Lawn Club and Murano just stand out.

Edited by Miaminice

Neither of us is crazy about sushi, so we're not sure about Qsine.

Qsine is definitely not all about sushi! We had one sushi dish there but there are so many other options. It's the only specialty restaurant besides The Grill that we do now, even with just the two of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:) Not to worry! I really dislike seafood and still love Murano

They have an excellent Chateaubriand for two.

Since my wife wanted to have lobster on our last visit I could not have the Chateaubriand. The Maitre said "no problem, we can prepare a nice Filet Mignon for you instead".

To me Tuscan Grille has become kind of ordinary. There´s nothing so special about it any more. So Lawn Club and Murano just stand out.

I've been sending these replies to my daughter at work, including the info on the Ultimate BBQ. I hope that's offered on our sailing! This is really good info, and I agree about Tuscan Grille. Enjoyed it on Connie, can't really say anything negative about our meal there, but it's very similar to what we've done on other ships, while Murano and LCG would both be a new experience.

I appreciate all the info. Thank you!

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by jules815

We have been cruising since 1987, our first speciality was Chops on the Mariner September 2007, and was our benchmark for years.

We will be on the Equinox for the 3rd time in November, no Lawn Club :(,

But Silk Harvest is simply fantastic! Like nothing on any other Celebrity ship we have sailed. We had a group of 12 in 2014, and 23 in 2015.

A couple on both those cruises with us just got back. Said the new Sushi on 5 trumps them all! Can't wait for the next 290 days to go bye bye! :D

We have been cruising since 1987, our first speciality was Chops on the Mariner September 2007, and was our benchmark for years.

We will be on the Equinox for the 3rd time in November, no Lawn Club :(,

But Silk Harvest is simply fantastic! Like nothing on any other Celebrity ship we have sailed. We had a group of 12 in 2014, and 23 in 2015.

A couple on both those cruises with us just got back. Said the new Sushi on 5 trumps them all! Can't wait for the next 290 days to go bye bye! :D

Sounds similar to us. Chops on Mariner was a favorite back in the day. I think the last time my husband and I tried Chops was on Freedom in 2014, and by that time we were already "giving them another chance." Very disappointing. We just did a 13-day TA on Harmony and skipped Chops.

so might only do 1 or 2 specialty dinners. ..............Neither of us is crazy about sushi, so we're not sure about Qsine.

First, grilling your own is optional at LCG. We never grill our own, we don't want to screw things up. LCG is our favorite specialty restaurant on Celebrity. We think it is outstanding.

Second, there is only one sushi option at Qsine. DW does not eat sushi and there is plenty of other things she does like. She thinks the lamb chops at Qsine are the best she has ever tasted. She also loves the Mediterranean Sampler.

We generally eat in Blu, but if we could pick just two specialty restaurants, it would be LCG and Qsine. Qsine is a restaurant that should be experienced at least once in life. We ate at Tuscan Grill a couple of months ago and have absolutely no complaints. They now make their own pasta fresh on board. Really good. Murano is good but not an experience like LCG or Qsine. Oh heck, we usually eat in all four even though we have Blu because you can get a really good package price for all four. As I recall, it was either $129 or $139 p/p for all four.

Edited by El Crucero

One person from each table can "help" the chef grill the Mains, if you like. It's optional. You can't mess it up as he stands beside you the whole time telling you what to do. It's more of a photo op. Just fun. You used to be able to flip your own flatbread dough but I haven't seen anyone do that in a while. I do like that you can top your flatbread, though, to your taste.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We ordered everything!

Salad bar, pizza, oh, they made the best GF for the wife.

We have friends just off that said the burger at lunch is even better! Well worth the $10 fee.

Can't get the pic to upload.:(

Just off the silhouette last week and the fee was $15 for lunch. It was well worth it and I loved it. I too thought it was $10 for lunch from reading it here, but it is $15 now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Anything and everything you want. :)

Correct - I have only eaten at the Lawn Club Grill once for dinner and in my view they actually encourage you to order too much food. I enjoyed it much more than Tuscan though.

We had great food and service for our party of 10 - it was just too much food.