Distance at Harvest Caye, Belize

PhillyRomantic

Good day.

For those that have docked in Belize since the remodel, are you aware of the walking distance from the ship to Harvest Caye?

Many thanks!

If I had to compare it to an existing dock's length, I'd probably compare it to Ocho Rios.

Definitely shorter than Costa Maya & Cozumel.

As mentioned, there are complimentary golf shuttles that can transport you the length of the dock. In addition, there are also benches on the covered dock every bit or so should someone who chose to walk need a breather.

WOW!! You took a ton of photos, thanks for sharing! What month were you there and how was the water temp in the pool and the ocean?

We were there first week of Dec. We were on the Jade which was making the stop only a few hours long. So all I did was explore, take pics, and have a beer or two. Didn't go in the pools or ocean. Next time, hope to be on a ship with a much longer port stop there.

Here's a bunch of pics of the place. Will give you an idea of the size.

Thanks so much for those wonderful pics. We've been looking forward to exploring Harvest Caye for a while now. We almost booked the Star, supposedly the first ship to visit the island way back in Oct. 2015 following the TA cruise. So glad we didn't.

I'm sure it'll be wonderful place to a few hours, we, like you, only have a short stay (7am - 1pm) but we'll make the best of it.

cheers, 10-4

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I have mild CP (ataxia) and i did my first 2 cruises without any mobile devices, my last cruise i had my own wheelchair (seriously waited until I was 25 to get my first chair), my trip was 100% more enjoyable. and we booked an accessible room for our next trip (getaway December 2017), and i couldn't be more excited.

keep in mind i go MONTHS without using my chair, but traveling is 100% better with it. (I didn't bring it when I did a quick flight to LA, and my travel experience was exhausting). Traveling is exhausted for us CPers, even the mildies.

Wonder why your stops at HC were so short? We're visiting there this October aboard Escape and are docked from 8-5. Should be plenty of time to explore!

The Jade was out of Tampa and had a greater distance to sail to get back home on schedule. HC was the last port. That Caribbean schedule for her is just temporary.

I have mild CP (ataxia) and i did my first 2 cruises without any mobile devices, my last cruise i had my own wheelchair (seriously waited until I was 25 to get my first chair), my trip was 100% more enjoyable. and we booked an accessible room for our next trip (getaway December 2017), and i couldn't be more excited.

keep in mind i go MONTHS without using my chair, but traveling is 100% better with it. (I didn't bring it when I did a quick flight to LA, and my travel experience was exhausting). Traveling is exhausted for us CPers, even the mildies.

Thank you so much for your post. My girl is a hemi on the left side. She is 17 and a real tropper. She really enjoys hanging on the ship, but does like to dip in the ocean from time to time. We will reserve a wheelchair this time. The last trip on the Escape was exhausting for her.

Thank you for sharing! Awesome pics! That is a distance for her to walk. I'm glad they have he golf carts!

It is probably too far for her. Remember that your ship pis about 1000 feet long and you get off in the middle so there is 500 feet before you get to the end of the ship. the dock is at least the length of a ship, so there is another 1000 feet, for a total of at least 1500 feet which is over a 1/4 mile. Be sure to use the golf carts.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Harvest%20Caye/DSCN8470_zpsjn2cc4qz.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Lovely pictures - so uncrowded, at least then. I am thinking maybe a stop there is better than Belize City... (we love Belize and explore on our own)

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Harvest%20Caye/DSCN8470_zpsjn2cc4qz.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

Wonderful photos - sorry to be slightly off-topic but did you experience sand fleas and/or did they migrate to the pool area?? Thought I read that somewhere...

Thanks again for sharing - good sense of what to expect for my 3yo granddaughter :)

• 2 weeks later...