Family of Six in 1 cabin?

Sickvicious

:confused:

In a standsrd mini-suite, do all four adults sleep together in one room?

Happy cruising and have good health in 2017, if the Lord wills.

It may depend on cruise line but with RCI, the answer is yes. This is the case with standard category staterooms through many of their larger suite classes. The stateroom sizes just get increasingly larger with living area spaces accommodating the additional passengers on a fold out couch.

There are larger suites - some family oriented - with more than one bedroom in addition to the living areas to accommodate the increased number of passengers.

> In a standsrd mini-suite, do all four adults sleep together in one room?

Our aft balcony mini-suite on Norwegian Pearl is just one room plus bathroom plus balcony. I was disappointed to find the extra 2 people are supposed to share a fold-out sofa and am not sure how we are going to handle it. I was planning to request a lounger anyway because I can't sleep a whole night in a bed, and with the 2 main beds separated the other 3 people can split the 2 beds and the folded sofa.

> In a standsrd mini-suite, do all four adults sleep together in one room?

Our aft balcony mini-suite on Norwegian Pearl is just one room plus bathroom plus balcony. I was disappointed to find the extra 2 people are supposed to share a fold-out sofa and am not sure how we are going to handle it. I was planning to request a lounger anyway because I can't sleep a whole night in a bed, and with the 2 main beds separated the other 3 people can split the 2 beds and the folded sofa.

God bless you for having such a close and intimate family, and being able to share the beds. It will be challenging, yes?

Enjoy your cruise and have good health in 2017, if God wills.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

It is not only a matter of whether the room is comfortable enough. It is a matter of sufficeint life boat accomodation. They can only have guests in gthe num ber for which they have life boat room, In any case, sounds like a miserable vac aion to me to stuff all those people even into an averrage size suite. I would suggest brother buy his family their own ca bin.

In contrast, the family suites that will sleep six are few in number (so difficult to book), they have fewer square feet than two connecting rooms, and they have only one bathroom.

This is not entirely true. The RFS on Royal has two bathrooms and is approx. 580 sq ft plus a huge balcony. A standard balcony cabin is only 200 sq ft. On NCL, the Haven 2 bedroom also has two bathrooms and is approx 540 sq ft plus normal balcony. A balcony cabin on NCL is about 200-240 sq ft.

But you correct - there are only a few of these on the ship, and they book up quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can get connecting cabins on most lines where 2 balcony cabins have an internal door. Ncl have 2 bedroom suites in the haven that take 506 but 2 balconies can be cheaper

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, I don't understand, what do you mean: "Ncl have 2 bedroom suites in the haven that take 506 but 2 balconies can be cheaper "?. :confused:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I can't imagine even 4 in a cabin, let alone 6! Cabins are NOT big, and the bathrooms are also tiny! Go for 2 or more cabins, or, if on NCL, one of the family suites.

The post right above yours said he got two connecting cabins.

Sorry, I don't understand, what do you mean: "Ncl have 2 bedroom suites in the haven that take 506 but 2 balconies can be cheaper "?. :confused:

506 is probably a typo for 5-6. Two balconies can be cheaper than a 2 bedroom suite for 5-6 people.

I'd get connecting rooms or two across the corridor from each other.

While officially there's supposed to be an adult in each room booked (at least on all the mainstream cruise lines I'm aware of) in practise you can move your party around when on-board. In other words maw & paw can have their own room with a window or balcony while the kids share a cheapie 4-berth Inside cabin across the hall;-)

This is what we did. I was booked with our daughter across the hall, and DH was in the balcony with our son. When we boarded, the kids had their own cabin, and we had ours. It was perfect. Just make sure they know what the rules are, and any consequences if there is any problems. =)

RCI has family staterooms (which are not suites) that accommodate six - two in the standard twin beds (can be combined as a king), two on a fold out couch, and two in individual twin bottom, and Murphy bed top in a bunk room. No other stateroom I am aware of will accommodate - or allow - six in a single stateroom. There are also family suite options that will allow up to eight and other suite options that will allow up to six.

Just for clarity, a standard stateroom is way too small to accommodate more than four passengers maximum - and if those four are adults, it is very tight.

We have sailed in a family ocean-view stateroom on the Navigator of the Seas. I think other RCI ships have similar cabins. It is not a suite, but is large and sleeps 6 easily, with two twins (can be made into a king), a large sofa bed and a bunkroom. Our room had plenty of storage and huge windows. Curtains could divide the room for privacy. The one downside was only one bathroom--but we were close to the spa area where showers were available, if needed.

Usually these rooms don't show up online; you need to call the cruise line to book them. We actually got a great deal on our 5 day cruise; they aren't always expensive.

I hear you when you say he wants his family all in one room (not a bad plan at all), but I suspect he hasn't realized that two CONNECTING cabins are a choice. Two connecting standard rooms will give him up to 8 beds and two bathrooms, and with the door open between them, they might as well be one room -- he will have access to the kids, and that's certainly what he wanted when he said "one room". Also, connecting cabins are available in every category -- balcony, inside, whatever else -- so he can choose what he wants in a variety of price ranges and the area of the ship he prefers (forward vs. aft, low deck vs. higher deck).

In contrast, the family suites that will sleep six are few in number (so difficult to book), they have fewer square feet than two connecting rooms, and they have only one bathroom.

This, this, this. I'm betting two connecting inside cabins will be cheaper than one fancy suite, and they'll all be able to room together without actually being on top of each other, per se (with most of a whole wall between them, minus the open door).

IMO, the suggestion to book cabins with one adult in each room and then permitting underage children to be alone is their "cheapie 4-berth Inside cabin across the hall" is very irresponsible. The rules are there to protect children - to enable parents to make sure they are safely in bed (alone) when they should be. I guess the rules are also there for parents that are not responsible.

Connecting suites is a better solution (as long as you can check on the kids periodically - especially throughout the night to insure that they are indeed where they are suppose to be (in bed).