Explain this new embarkment time process please

thesawch

We are on the Carnival conquest feb 12 sailing. I have a 12-12:30 check in time!! So what happens if I get there at 10:30 -11 am . We use to always get there around 11 am and did the check in and then wait in the big waiting area with number 1,2 or 3 and usually on the ship by noon. So how does this process work now ?? Thanks for all info in advance !!

We are on the Carnival conquest feb 12 sailing. I have a 12-12:30 check in time!! So what happens if I get there at 10:30 -11 am . We use to always get there around 11 am and did the check in and then wait in the big waiting area with number 1,2 or 3 and usually on the ship by noon. So how does this process work now ?? Thanks for all info in advance !!

Hi there

It is exactly as it sounds. The process is the same as before, except, you are not allowed into the facility until your check in time. In your case noon, or later. They will not allow you to enter earlier.

Exceptions are for Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, deluxe suite accommodations and wedding parties.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

How efficient are they with the new system ? With a 12 to 12:30 check in what time could we expect to get on the ship ??

hi there

Please remember that the boarding time was independent of the check in time.

People will still be arriving to check in before the ship is ready to board. As you said in your post you used to arrive around 11 a.m. for instance. If the ship was not ready for boarding until 2p.m. for example, obviously nobody would be allowed to board. The same is still true. This system is in place so that people are arriving to "check in" throughout the day, and it does work to thin the crowds. Unless of course there is a major delay.

have a great cruise

hi there

Please remember that the boarding time was independent of the check in time.

People will still be arriving to check in before the ship is ready to board. As you said in your post you used to arrive around 11 a.m. for instance. If the ship was not ready for boarding until 2p.m. for example, obviously nobody would be allowed to board. The same is still true. This system is in place so that people are arriving to "check in" throughout the day, and it does work to thin the crowds. Unless of course there is a major delay.

have a great cruise

I'm not understanding that boarding time is independent of the check-in time. Our assigned time is 12-12:30;what time should we arrive at the port? TY!

I'm not understanding that boarding time is independent of the check-in time. Our assigned time is 12-12:30;what time should we arrive at the port? TY!

You had to select a CHECK IN time meaning you cannot enter the terminal until 12:00PM unless you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, have a Suite, or a Carnival Transfer. If you are none of those things, then don't get there before 12:00 or you will be standing outside.

Once you check in, you will be seated and wait to BOARD (unless it is already underway) which is whenever the ship clears. Could be as early as 11:30AM, could be any time after. There is no specific time to board.

Edited by firemanbobswife

You had to select a CHECK IN time meaning you cannot enter the terminal until 12:00PM unless you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF, have a Suite, or a Carnival Transfer. If you are none of those things, then don't get there before 12:00 or you will be standing outside.

Once you check in, you will be seated and wait to BOARD (unless it is already underway) which is whenever the ship clears. Could be as early as 11:30AM, could be any time after. There is no specific time to board.

You said it well..... Check in and boarding are totally different

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off a B2B Saturday on the Magic. On the first week the ship was cleared by 10:30. B2B was a very easy and smooth transition. There 70 of us and getting back on the ship at 10:30 was kind of strange 70 guests and a 1000 crew. None of the bars opened until 11:30, as they had to close out the last cruise. The boarding began at 11:00, amazing how 3500 leave and 3500 board.

You should arrive no earlier than 12 pm. Anytime afterward would be fine. :)

Hi Newmil

Your assigned "check-in" time is between 12-12:30. You are allowed to enter the port terminal building to check in any time after noon. If you were to arrive earlier, you would not be allowed into the terminal building until noon.

So, now you have finished the check in process. If the ship was not ready for boarding, not only you but everybody who had arrived earlier for the check in process would have to wait, and when the ship was ready they would be allowed on in turn.

Generally, the ships are ready for boarding as soon as everybody from the previous cruise has gotten off. Normally ships are ready for boarding by 11:30, but if there were any delays (such as the ship arriving at port late) or some other special circumstance, it would necessarily delay boarding.

With a check in time of noon, I would arrive just after that time, expecting not to have to wait very long for any part of the check in or barding process and would expect to be onboard soon after 1p.m.. Your cabin should be ready soon after, usually around 1:30 p.m. If it were more convenient for you to arrive later, you are allowed to do that as well (just not before noon).

hope this helps

have a great cruise