cab fair from Ft Lauderdale airport?

smith6

OP...We usually stay at the Hampton Inn Airport North or Embassy suites. The fare from those properties is $15.00 plus whatever you want to tip.

We've never used Uber. To those recommending Uber and saying cheaper what is the cost?

Edited by davekathy

If using a cab in FLL make sure they are using the meter. There are no flat fee fares in FLL. MIA to POM does have a flat fee fare.

I agree Uber and Lyft are much nicer and a bit cheaper than taxi in FLL.

A friend used Lyft to port......BUT Lyft driver didn't have the proper sticker on the car so they had to get out of the car and WALK from where you go thru security with their luggage to the ship.

A friend used Lyft to port......BUT Lyft driver didn't have the proper sticker on the car so they had to get out of the car and WALK from where you go thru security with their luggage to the ship.

So the only way to get to the port is in a cab?

What if a relative or friend wanted to drive you to the port-not possible without a sticker:confused:

Yes, watch out for the taxi drivers that claim there is a "flat fee" for the fare. In December we were given a taxi (in the taxi line at the airport) with the phone number 999-9999 on the side (not too many of those). We were going to the Embassy Suites. We stay there often so know the fare is around $12 - $13 plus tip. As we were approaching the hotel, the driver tells us that there is a minimum fee of $20 when coming from the airport. We told him that wasn't true and paid him according to the meter (it was running). He wasn't happy, but we knew he was lying and when we took a picture of his license plate he left. This was the first time we've had this happen - just be aware that not all drivers are honest.

I also used Lyft in November to get to the port. The driver didn't have the pink mustache sticker in the window and got a talking to by security at the checkpoint. She did let us through but told him not to come back if he didn't have the sticker. She made him show her his phone with the ride info.

I think next week I will use Uber instead as they seem to have it together in FLL. I also now know to check the sticker for either before I get in the ride. I like Lyft a bit better since you can tip in the app.

Edited by wrk2cruise

I also used Lyft in November to get to the port. The driver didn't have the pink mustache sticker in the window and got a talking to by security at the checkpoint. She did let us through but told him not to come back if he didn't have the sticker. She made him show her his phone with the ride info.

I think next week I will use Uber instead as they seem to have it together in FLL. I also now know to check the sticker for either before I get in the ride. I like Lyft a bit better since you can tip in the app.

Uber app automatically adds the tip. The price you are charged is all inclusive. No exchange of monies needed

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jerseygirl3

Typing "cab fare from fll to cruise port" into Google would have also given you the answer -

"taxi. Fare from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to Port Everglades is typically between $10 and $15. If you purchased an air/sea travel package, transfers are usually included. For a taxi from the Port to downtown Fort Lauderdale, expect to pay about $18 to $20, depending on your destination."

Very first hit.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Uber app automatically adds the tip. The price you are charged is all inclusive. No exchange of monies needed

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is what come up from Uber help on tipping.

"In most cities, Uber is a cashless experience. Tipping is voluntary. Tips are not included in the fare, nor are they expected or required. As a rider, you are not obligated to offer your driver a gratuity in cash."

Not trying to start a tipping thread. Uber fare doesn't include tips and I agree no exchange of monies is needed as tipping is certainly not required (Uber corporate I don't think wants tipping but drivers do).

I really like the cashless idea but I do generally want to tip because I'm usually taking short rides and I appreciate that the Lyft app lets me do it directly in the app so I don't have to deal with cash.

Yes, watch out for the taxi drivers that claim there is a "flat fee" for the fare. In December we were given a taxi (in the taxi line at the airport) with the phone number 999-9999 on the side (not too many of those). We were going to the Embassy Suites. We stay there often so know the fare is around $12 - $13 plus tip. As we were approaching the hotel, the driver tells us that there is a minimum fee of $20 when coming from the airport. We told him that wasn't true and paid him according to the meter (it was running). He wasn't happy, but we knew he was lying and when we took a picture of his license plate he left. This was the first time we've had this happen - just be aware that not all drivers are honest.

I have been in a cab from Embassy Suites 17th street to terminal 2 which is a very short distance. The cab did have a sticker which said there was a $10 minimum fare. I didn't think that is a rip off and was ok since it is such a short ride. It did appear that it was a fleet wide policy and not a shady driver.