customer service.

mmp13

there have been so many complaints about landside customer service. I am posting to say I just had a very pleasant and surprising experience. I sent an email 2 or 3 days ago with a question about my perk package. I received a call on a Saturday from a customer service rep to answer my question. In the past I have waited several weeks before receiving an email response. Great Job!:)

there have been so many complaints about landside customer service. I am posting to say I just had a very pleasant and surprising experience. I sent an email 2 or 3 days ago with a question about my perk package. I received a call on a Saturday from a customer service rep to answer my question. In the past I have waited several weeks before receiving an email response. Great Job!:)

Good to hear.

Thanks for posting, as it is always good to hear positive comments.

I too had a good experience with customer service. I was trying to arrange reservations for select dining with another couple. I had their reservation number but couldn't get the web site to work. When I called, I was told that I couldn't link the two because the other couple was booked as a group. The rep informed me he would contact the ship to make the arrangement.

Although it took about three weeks, one day I opened my email and there was one from the rep who informed me that everything was taken care of and all we had to do was show up for dinner at our requested times..

Let's hope that you also got the right answer :)

There is that! Forty+ years of extensive cruise travel has taught us that if we do not have it in writing.....it have little meaning. Tis sad...but often true.

Hank

I just had a very nice experience also.

I was looking for our Beverage Package on the Cruise Personalizer. I know that OBC wouldn't show up there, but I wanted to see the Beverage Pkg. like I had in the past.

So I called them (even though I booked with a TA).

The person answering the phone asked if my TA had given me a Booking Confirmation. I said just an invoice. He said he saw the beverage package and OBC on my reservation. Then he asked me if I was on-line to back out. He then added the bev. pkg., telling me to look in about 20 minutes. He did say I would not see the OBC. Then he asked for my email and sent me a confirmation in writing of the bev. pkg.

After 20 minutes, I looked and there it was. I printed it (just in case). It's still there two days later.;):)

I know they sometimes don't talk to you if you book with a TA. Maybe I just sounded pitiful. But I was grateful for his help.:)

We have had many more good experiences with Celebrity's customer service than bad ones.

I think we tend to forget the good ones, where they resolve the matter immediately and correctly.

We are more likely to remember and comment about the bad ones that cause us aggravation.

Last week I left a voice message for my Celebrity Cruise Planner at about 6:45 P.M. knowing that his shift is over at 7:00 P.M. I expected he would get back to me the next day. Surprize! I got an email from him at 8:40 P.M. with my answer. He was staying at work late, getting all his work cleared up for the day. Better service than I previously received when dealing with a travel agent.

So far, Celebrity has been excellent. I expect this service level to continue when we cruise in six weeks.