Voyager Auckland to Singapore, January 26 - February 20, 2017

WesW

Thanks Pamela1 for your kind words. Please enjoy some pix from sail away yesterday and sail in this morning and dinner last nite in La Veranda--outstanding. And our sommelier ring is the mother of two of our fav Silversea crew members. Have to post a pix of our first Grand Voyage plaque. Breaking news.-- Last nite heard via email after telling FDR we love the refurb--Frank del Rio (CEO of NcL) let me know 40 more containers of furnishings artwork is on the way to the Voyager. 42a49316feb4815f7f9fdb03bf3de4ab.jpg2827c2a2ad178ba27a3004856ed6ac36.jpg354b53927261b05e52efd483a282cc70.jpgd888de4b35dabd5d2749e5a0b3727204.jpg717bf08fede59f19161658979cc6cb96.jpg0590ea7fdd61535659cd06f53a2086c0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

Thanks Pamela1 for your kind words. Please enjoy some pix from sail away yesterday and sail in this morning and dinner last nite in La Veranda--outstanding. And our sommelier ring is the mother of two of our fav Silversea crew members. Have to post a pix of our first Grand Voyage plaque. Breaking news.-- Last nite heard via email after telling FDR we love the refurb--Frank del Rio (CEO of NcL) let me know 40 more containers of furnishings artwork is on the way to the Voyager. 42a49316feb4815f7f9fdb03bf3de4ab.jpg2827c2a2ad178ba27a3004856ed6ac36.jpg354b53927261b05e52efd483a282cc70.jpgd888de4b35dabd5d2749e5a0b3727204.jpg717bf08fede59f19161658979cc6cb96.jpg0590ea7fdd61535659cd06f53a2086c0.jpg

Fabulous photos and how amazing that you met the mother of your Silversea favourites..what were the chances of that?

Thank you for sharing your pic of your Grand Voyage plaque it must feel very special.

Hope the containers of furnishings and artwork will be there for you to see before your grand voyage is over, how exciting.

Hope you get the chance to keep posting as it all looks wonderful.

Pam.

Wes, that food is making me hungry:) Seeing the Voyager swimming pool after such a long time makes me realize how small it is. Still, the Voyager was our favorite ship for over a decade. She'll look great with new artwork!

Enjoy every moment of your cruise. The first part of your B2B cruise (from Sydney to Bali) covers areas that we did 3 years ago. We loved it but there was intense heat in some of the ports. If anyone has not already made plans for an excursion in Brisbane, the Australia Zoo is unique in every way. You walk around with the kangaroos, there is a huge enclosure (the size of a small park) where there are birds and other small animal life - you are right there with them. This was a highlight of our cruise.

Anyway, enjoying your reports very much (and your friend and I are now in contact - thanks much!)

Wes, can you tell me if there are any formal optional night's on the Singapore to Hong Kong portion of the cruise. And if so, did Ida bring a formal dress. If there are, and she did, I will bring one as well, and make George dress up too.

Thanks so much for your kind words Pam, Jackie..helps as it is taking me at least an hour more to post what took me 10 minutes last Regent cruise--very frustrating. Rachel, for the first time in near two dozen cruises we only took two checked bags w/o formal wear requirement. If we had spoken earlier both Ida and I would have brought at least one formal outfit. Interesting Jackie and Rachel on our flight over Ida was looking for her clothes to change from her american airlines pj's to clothes. It was dark and she could not find it, the men across from he gave her his flash lite to use. I thanked him on landing realizing it was your TA's husband and TA.

Sensational day in Rotorua, New Zealand. We enjoyed the ship's excursion to Te Puia (named after two Geysers in the park). Below is Ida with Polo our excursion guide for our 4 hour tour. Did not follow my Army career lessons learned and volunteered to be our group's Chief. So the Maori's Family princess and I waited for the Maori warrior to greet us and invite us into their home for a concert. Please enjoy some pictures of the concert, Te Puia park (Kiwi display and I with the Kiwi caretaker Mariana and a Kiwi). We also visited the wood carving studio on the park's grounds. Exception excursion that immersed us in the Maori culture. We then had a delicious Maori feast (Lamb, Chicken) with delish deserts.

Posting pictures is a real pain, will try later.

Edited by WesW

We're enjoying being back on Regent so much, will make an appointment to see Bruce in next few days to book 22 days on explorer in June/July 2018 (fjords and back to London, b2b)

Meant to add more words to the first post but it takes sooooo much time to post pix forgot..plus seems like the best location to download/post pix is constellation theater...so below is post that should appear before pictures above:

Sensational day in Rotorua, New Zealand. We enjoyed the ship's excursion to Te Puia (named after two Geysers in the park). Below is Ida with Polo our excursion guide for our 4 hour tour. Did not follow my Army career lessons learned and volunteered to be our group's Chief. So the Maori's Family princess and I waited for the Maori warrior to greet us and invite us into their home for a concert. Please enjoy some pictures of the concert, Te Puia park (Kiwi display and I with the Kiwi caretaker Mariana and a Kiwi). We also visited the wood carving studio on the park's grounds. Exceptional excursion that immersed us in the Maori culture. We then had a delicious Maori feast (Lamb, Chicken) with delish deserts.

Edited by WesW

Wonderful evening on board the Seven Seas Voyager. We had pre dinner drinks in the Observation lounge enjoying spectacular sea views. We then had a gustatory treat in the French restaurant on board, Chartreuse. Exceptional cuisine, perfectly paired wines and the best desert I've had at sea, "floating Island." Another outstanding day on board, tomorrow we go to Napier, NZ where Ida and I will enjoy a private bike ride.

f1e1c6ed3f9c60201e567963601e918b.jpgc94821cd320a54be0f89df04f4d8263a.jpg91b83445c02084d0e44deacc4fe11a10.jpg07da93a66e488137c238d3aad6161ba1.jpgc3546b09a3d96d263bfaa5748ce8335d.jpg4484f825513f9de482539192ebaaa5c6.jpg

"...Did not follow my Army career lessons learned and volunteered to be our group's Chief...."

Hah! That was part of our PME training. Also, never look at the instructor in the eye or he will volunteer you. As Rich (Mr. Rumor) would say, great report! Loving the pics.

Z and TB

I agree, great reports. Wes, your enthusiasm shines through your words - as we near the end of our cruise, I'm thrilled to think we can continue the fun on yours. Thank you for persevering with the spotty internet - not easy but much appreciated.

Roberto (Zqueeze1), you took my words right out of my mouth--great report, Wes! It was you, Wes, who recently introduced me to the term "Journey Proud"--that period of anxious excitement just before a cruise. Well, your ebullient posting has me Journey Proud now, and Ginny and I are still three weeks away from joining you and Ida onboard! I'll just look forward to getting Journey Prouder as I continue to follow along. Thanks for persevering with your wonderful blog (definitely Photo Proud), despite the sometimes uncooperative internet.

Rich

Edited by Mr Rumor

Roberto, Gil, Rich; thanks again for your too kind words. Rich, can see the word crafter/journalist in you with your last post. Today, we have a private bike ride planned in Napier NZ but first we are now in the exceptionally beautiful Compass Rose for breakfast (having our traditional eggs bennie). Tonite is our meet & mingle have already coordinated face to face with F&B mgr Marcelo. Have to share a pix of Ida dancing with a guest last nite in the Voyager lounge around mid nite.a19bfd0ecd88b286ccf202c57dd7fc85.jpg

Edited by WesW

I'm really enjoying your posts and pictures, you sure do make a beautiful couple.

Thank you for sharing.

Hope you have a great bike ride and at your meet and mingle you meet some more wonderful, full of like minded passengers as yourselves.

Pam.

Pamela, thank you so much for your exceptionally gracious comments--you're so very welcome. Alas, the ships' shuttle in Napier was the only way off the ship this morning so after waiting an hour we decided to do our own walking tour vs bike tour. Ida and I enjoyed a wonderful walking tour of Napier--including Ida getting in the spirt of the Napier Sculpture mimicking her pose with her clothes on. Other Napier pix below include the wonderful skate parks for children including having their own stoplights for skateboard rush hour.We passed the National NZ Acquarium, Ida dipped her toes in the NZ sea and loved the smooth rocks vs sand beach. Also, took a pix of Kiwi Keith's backpacker store and the waterfront--where buildings (due to the recent earthquake) cannot be higher than five stories. Ida and I were impressed with the cleanliness, friendliness of Napier citizens and intimate beauty of their wonderful Hawke's bay city.242a225802656337ac25dc39fb2414d9.jpg8a3457c4f15acbbe462041df1feba87b.jpgf23d11c31636b78b3fbf73a73088d471.jpgdc78c5f52a150a881c33948dffb7fe91.jpgdef4eed9a4aaafe5255d493c23c98edd.jpg795d64fc5099d4559e32544ee41fff0b.jpg

Wes, some of your photos are coming out huge while others fit the page. Not sure if you know what the difference is.

Good to hear that you and Ida are happy to return to Regent. That seems to the be the opinion of most people that try other cruise lines...... for some reason, Regent is like coming home (although I'm sure that you have made very close relationships with the officers and crew on Silversea).

Jackie, it is wonderful to be back on board and see familiar faces Sylvester (Maitre'd in Chartruse) David, Restaurant Mgr, Franck GM.

Jean, thanks for your very kind words--helps reinforce why we enjoy posting our experience knowing it brings smiles/joy to others.

Last nite we had a nice meet & mingle (about 12 of us) the Captain and GM came by a mingled. Please enjoy a few pictures below. Frank, Susan (Kia Orana) and Don (donk), Ida and I headed to Compass Rose about 8pm and were turned away and asked to go to P7. First time this has happened for us but P7

Today (we're docking in Picton now--beautiful--some pix to share below). We are doing the Picton waterfront walk at 10:45)

4d0fa04c90c3a50aeaa23baf42bf0722.jpg

849988e918db53189b81f3a56e6d9422.jpg

33d01befdf946f5bc66594fb54b91db9.jpg7c04b64a8b1d83b304edf5ac995e8ba4.jpg

696c4ca8b035e1d792030819816cac87.jpg952855d59f0135cf0cb07a9f8835c5b0.jpg

Edited by WesW

Wes, what was served at your "Meet and Mingle"?

In terms of photos, some are coming out fine - others show multiple photos to the right -- all of which can only seen by scrolling to the right. Note: I'm on a desktop and typically have no difficulty seeing photos.

For instance, the photo of the group at the Meet and Mingle is fine but the one below slightly below that photo is way off to the right. Perhaps this has something to do with Cruise Critic debuting their new format ..... it could be interfering with "some" (not all) computers since only "some" computers can even view the new format.