Voyager Auckland to Singapore, January 26 - February 20, 2017

WesW

erhaps this has something to do with Cruise Critic debuting their new format ..... it could be interfering with "some" (not all) computers since only "some" computers can even view the new format.

Or perhaps he just forgot to add a return after the photo in Tapatalk?

The other possibility is he chose the large format rather than Medium which I've found works better on these forums

Re the new forums style - I think it's more the browser being used which determines what form of forum you get at the moment - those using Window 10's native browser, Edge, get the new format while those using Apple IOS devices and Internet Explorer 11 get the old format forums

Pamela1, Bodgobodog, Franz & Beth--thank you for your kind words

Lost my edit time on last post and was explaining tapatalk offers three choices best, medium, small. And just like bodoggodog explains believe the medium size is best, Jackie may have mistakenly chosen best for the pix you had a challenge with.

Wanted to include a indoor spin pix to remind us that excerise is important complement to the wonderful dining and imbibing on board the Voyager.

Ida for the first time had to use the ship's doctor to have sutures removed from a recent surgery on her finger. She was impressed with his skill and the nurses' support. I was not impressed with the medical bill however :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

Wes, your photos are fabulous...I especially love Ida up dancing:) I'm glad you're having such a nice time, I know lots of people on board with you and I'm so envious. I love Picton..Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. Keep leading the good life!!

Good to hear that the pix are fine on your Kindle Jackie,

Rachel, thanks so much for the sutures removal offer (hoping Ida's finger (had ganglion cyst removed) is healed so she can snorkel at the great barrier reef. Alas, thinking ($$), now will have to forgo at least one Super Tuscan--most likely my beloved Sassacaia about the cost of her suture removal.

Marcie (and Tom) please let me know if you would like me to pass your warm regards along too. Thanks for your photo compliments--really our sincere pleasure to share. We also love Picton @ the base of gorgeous Queen Charlotte Sounds (btw our guide (nina) told us today Charlotte was named after Mad King George's wife Charlotte.

First Destinations screw up for me today--our tickets said pls show up at 10:45am, I showed up about 10:43 (ida was early) and they had already processed our tour--so I disembarked Picton thinking I was on my own...once I left the cruise terminal and entered this beautiful waterfront city, I hear Ida yell, "Wes" and fortunately was able to link up with our tour. Tho, can't repeat what Ida said to me once I joined our tour. Will have a discussion with both Franck (asking him about whether the Voyager will show the Super bowl, and about this destination timing glitch--even tho it was included (but we paid for it in our cruise fare) destitnation svcs needs to honor the time hey print on our tickets.

Picton is another jewel city in NZ...only 4000 folks live here so when the Ovation of the seas docks (6000) pax they exceed the local population. There are many fitness related activities to do here--Sea Kayaking, stand up paddling, mountain biking and walking.

Our Picton waterfront walk should have named the Waterfront hike--a truly memorable excursion in beautiful Picton. Pls enjoy a few pix.7a9db7ec21ad77334ced437e76e05c21.jpga1be622b38003b7434547ae998307e93.jpg61b8ad27efcc795c5169f7393a36f94c.jpg639d7185b8f8f3117e2aea9d7f634e75.jpg213d289afc1d1de49b74dcf8e2bd86e9.jpg

Edited by WesW

Picton is another jewel city in NZ...only 4000 folks live here so when the Ovation of the seas docks (6000) pax they exceed the local population. There are many fitness related activities to do here--Sea Kayaking, stand up paddling, mountain biking and walking

Wes - Glad you enjoyed your time in Picton, I hope you mind me adding to your comments on this port - but I grew up in this neighbourhood and also visited last month on Crystal Symphony.

Picton is only 20 minutes away from Blenheim and the Wairau Valley which is where most of the Marlborough wine is produced - there are many great wineries to visit and enjoy a day tasting and eating, Also in Blenheim is a Aviation Museum that acclaimed Director, Peter Jackson (think Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit) has put together and for those who love gardens there is a lovely park called Pollard Park which is worth a visit.

So for those who are a little adventuresome I suggest hiring a car and taking a drive or taking a tour that includes some of these sights

Enjoy your sail through the Sounds this evening - they are beautiful and still relatively undeveloped with a few holiday homes, which Kiwis in that part of the country call Baches

So where are we off to next :D

Bodogbodog, absolutely please do contribute--lovely way for all of us to learn more about your beautiful country. And, really enjoyed your Crystal thread and over the Holidays and you're more than welcome to join in the fun here. Will make sure we grab our favorite libation during sailaway (Ida's is now the new Chartreuse Cocktail, for me it's the Vesper martina (think 007)) and enjoy the beauty of Queen Charlotte Sound. Bodogbodog (love your name--may I ask how you decided on this?). We head to Akaroa tomorrow where we hope to enjoy an Akaroa farm experience.

Edited by WesW

Bodogbodog, absolutely please do contribute--lovely way for all of us to learn more about your beautiful country. And, really enjoyed your Crystal thread and over the Holidays... Bodogbodog (love your name--may I ask how you decided on this?)....We head to Akaroa tomorrow where we hope to enjoy an Akaroa farm experience

Wes

Thanks for your kind words - I enjoy blogging and sharing news from onboard and ashore - I am looking forward to following along as Regent, along with Seabourn is very much on our radar as a potential line we might enjoy in the future as we await the new Crystal ocean ships in 2022

Bo was our little Australian terrier that we had for 18 years - she was a loyal and faithful companion, our first child! She passed away a few years ago now and we now find ourselves caring for two lovable big black Labradors. The bodogbodog came about as I got sick of having to produce usernames of 6 or 7 characters so I just duplicated it

You will love Akaroa - very quaint - and even though we've visited many farms we did the farm tour as well - you will enjoy seeing the dogs work the sheep and I'm sure the farmers wife will put on a lovely spread for you for lunch or morning or afternoon tea

Bodogbodog, thanks for the delightful background on your CC name--truly inspirational. We are also canine lovers and have had mini doxies all our married life--our Brodie lived to 18 yrs 3 months. In fact as we passed the gorgeous Picton Marina Ida asked me what we would name our boat (if we had one--no way--only sail on them for me) but I said (HTBB--for our past four doxies--we are blessed to still have two 13 year old long haired mini doxies..pix below (excuse the off topic (voyager) pix.

Bodogbodog, we had not sailed Regent in four years--we are exceptionally impressed with the hardware improvements on the Voyager since we were last on board in Dec 2012--all public spaces are drop dead gorgeous. We have over 130 days sailed on Silversea in the last four years since we took a sabbatical from Regent and now the Silversea ships (Cloud and Spirit) we sailed on seem tired--compared to this beauty. And am sure you have seen the. Incredibly (press/media, cruise critic) accolades that Regent's newest ship Explorer has received. We are so favorably9051cad353df20eb47a5aeb2a3e61b22.jpg impressed we are booking (Norway, Norway to London) a b2b on the Explorer on board for 2018.

Edited by WesW

Wes and Ida: Wow! As one who also believes that pics complete the story, love seeing yours and look forward to it every day. FYI, it looks as if pic layouts and sizes are now uniform (think "Dress Right, Dress") via CC's new format and viewing through Google Chrome. I think Mr. Rumor is shedding a few tears of joy with your thread!

Z and TB

Thanks Roberto for your Kind words, yes medium size for pix on tapatalk is working best.

Karen, temps the last three days have been in mid 70's and low 60's/50's. Today in Akaroa high is only going to be 62..first time we are wearing long pants and long sleeve shirts. Please enjoy a few pix of our sail in (anchored) in Akaroa this morning.b458676d0fac829f037db7142277a622.jpg8fd6e8cec6b8ad8ff80ae49223c960df.jpg908638e4292b8db70c145130cc9a9216.jpg

Wes - you won't be complaining about the cool temperatures when you get to Sydney on Saturday - check out the forecast for this Saturday when you're in town - fortunately it's cooling down a bit!

f1071fc606ff8f29b3d843757554bc0c.jpg

Edited by Bodogbodog

Thanks Terry for the warm Australia weather report, I'll take it for perfect running weather for a jog around the Sydney park.

Terrific day in Akaroa New Zealand yesterday. This is the southern most island in NZ and was founded by the French. Akaroa only has 536 permanent residents who are fortunate enough to live in this stunning waterfront community. So, our ship the Regent Seven Seas voyager with about 700 guests and 350 crew has almost twice as many folks as Akaroa. We were fortunate to enjoy a leisurely waterfront walk, visiting the Akaroa WWI and WWII memorial before going to the famed Akaroa, "Giants House." The Giant House is known for its original artwork, sculptured terraces and mosaics. Please enjoy a few photos.9c7dfb48d902f98bdbefcd793e3ca3c7.jpg937cb93be62e184723678d59380819ca.jpg5f75fce814de78d42e9fc5104584f934.jpgaa8c984dd95a0305af1df3c7dbc8e203.jpgb2c27362d94dc90c3059325d1f783274.jpg97ed68a70446201814a1a8e830cc69a3.jpg

Another outstanding/Delish meal in Compass Rose last nite, Ida said her best meal yet. Ida hadEgg with spinach trufflle sauce to start, then her main course was Thai BBQ ribs where the meat fell off the bone--she thought she was eating a BBQ osso bucco. I had Iberico Ham, then a Veggie Lasagna. The highlights included a wonderful Masi c760faeea06b330878a3b776bed3b2b5.jpg7a76dc08c8f8de2a15dd7188ab4cae50.jpgc7999cf8529f54c6896976b62ba198fc.jpgaafa17263fcb5792cf5027edfb04ddc8.jpgAmarone and ended with a Saint Honore Cake. David the Restaurant Mgr came by. David opened the Explorer during its maiden season, like Franck he is Regents go to mgr in this position. Let David know we expect him to Be F&B Mgr by 2018.3e6237df3fa829f87f17942479fd15bb.jpg

Edited by WesW

Hi Bill, we love the new revamped Compass Rose and the wonderful variety of choices (incl a vegetarian main course). Bill, let me study the menu more intently the next time we eat there (maybe tonite we have not checked the all the main courses, and always available dishes

Today in Dunedin (New Zealands's oldest city) Ida and I gorged ourselves and took The Taieri Gorge Railway--one of the World's Great Train trips that stunning & specticul scenery. Please enjoy a few photos posted below:

jpg51d1b82f748fec28a59edb83cfa7273b.jpg72261dc60a1dc07be04fbb71b6cf1c45.jpg

The Taieri Gorge Railway is a unique half day journey from Dunedin to Pukerangi or Middlemarch and return offering spectacular New Zealand scenery. Please enjoy a few more 35859358876bf363f81485ff4884860d.jpgphotos taken today on this visually stunning railroad trip

240e96bdb34f7aa3646e03eb07c50612.jpga327cffbd305962375c64b9d376b4438.jpg

Bill/NewLondon; crosswalked the menu's off the TV and my suggestion is to continue w/rsvns in Chartreuse and Setti Mari. They both have numerous dishes (e.g. Duck, milk fed veal, 72 hr beef rossini, Sicilian cod, veal scalloping, ciaoppino, pancetta chicken) that the new Compass Rose menu does not offer. However, almost all of P7 main courses are offered in CR except Crab legs, whole maine lobster, and the seafood plateau.

Maria/cruiseluv, you're more than welcome--sincerely our pleasure.

Block party tonite before dinner, then we have dinner in Compass Rose with Kia Orana (Frank & Susan). Please see a few pix from the block party below.

Today we are cruising Milford Sound (rocking & rolling a bit, but sea Karma since we had 1-3 ft swells since departing Auckland. Since this is our first sea day, it is chock full of enrichment lectures. We have spin class at 3pm, then dinner tonite with David & Margaret (long time Regent pax that we have sailed with previously).

39ecb55d27c2a4483d8e03a1e2fed979.jpg77fb8b34b81215f41b4b978795c9083f.jpgb4b793b72fc3e94002d79f9d6b5edce3.jpg

Hi Wes - I loved to see that bottle of Masi on your table! Being Italian wine fans ourselves, It's one of our very favorite Valpolicella's. Sometimes, rather hard to get, so I always buy several bottles at once when I see it in stock. Best Regards and continue to have a great trip.

Wes, Thanks for your comments on the menus. We will book at least our max in Chartreuse.

Wow, we have been to NZ but had never known about that train trip. I am totally envious, as trains are one of our obsessions.

Continue please to have a great time and don't melt in AUS.

I sent you an e-mai.

Best, Bill