RC Dominica Shore Excursions

Question: We are planning to do a ship excursion in Dominica. The two I am interested in are ROC6 Emerald Pool and Beach; stops at Morne Bruce, Botanical Gardens, Emerald Pool and Beach time. This tour is 4:45 minutes long and costs $49.00@. Other tour is ROA7 and described at Emerald Pool and Volcanic Sand Beach. Described as going to the exact same places but names Mero Beach for the beach. Duration of this tour is 5 hours and costs is $59.00@. Aside from the obvious time difference of 15 minutes longer and $10.00 more per person is the only difference that it list Mero Beach vs. another beach? Anyone done either of these tours care to comment? Thanks!

From Thorndale PA?

I'm sure someone will refer you to the port of call board, but you did ask specific about a Royal Excursion. I'll watch for replies. Are you limiting yourself to Royal excursions in this port?

From Thorndale PA?

I'm sure someone will refer you to the port of call board, but you did ask specific about a Royal Excursion. I'll watch for replies. Are you limiting yourself to Royal excursions in this port?

Yup, from Thorndale. I did post on the Dominica site but it gets very little attention so being a Royal excursion thought I'd go there and try. Yes, this is the one port where I can't find anything for our group (wife, daughter, and two grandkids) so going with a ship excursion, all others on this cruise are private. Thanks Bill.

Yup, from Thorndale. I did post on the Dominica site but it gets very little attention so being a Royal excursion thought I'd go there and try. Yes, this is the one port where I can't find anything for our group (wife, daughter, and two grandkids) so going with a ship excursion, all others on this cruise are private. Thanks Bill.

It will be 2018 before I go there, I'll watch for your reply.

Mero beach I believe is the black sand beach. That would jibe with the "volcanic sand" reference. So I would guess that the less expensive tour goes to another beach perhaps a little closer to the pier. No beach is close to the pier in Dominica. This is a gorgeous island which reminds me a bit of Maui.

We did Emerald pools and Trafalgar falls through the ship. Our guide was as wonderful as any private tour we have ever taken (but that is just luck of the draw) The island is probably our favorite to date. It is one big rainforest and very lush, whether you go through the ship or private I would definitely recommend a tour. There is not a lot at the port so you will not need a lot of time here but this island is definitely about nature. If you're not real picky about the beach I would suggest a beach at a different port and doing the falls. We do not usually do a lot of bus tours but I am glad we did this one it was well worth the money & time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies. I had exchanged emails with Levi a few months back, but not sure about the rocky beach where you snorkel at Champagne Beach and also not sure about swimming thru the gorge in the cold water, wife will not be a fan (not sure I would either). If i was going private I would have gone with Levi but probably going to lay low with a ships tour and see some of the must see things on the island and have some beach time. Will be pretty active at the other ports.