Are everybody Black card members?

joern

Do you know which fares are ineligible? It would be good to know in advance for planning purposes.

We were able to get free gratuities(a promotion that was on for short time) and the discount.

We were able to get the discount and free gratuities on our upcoming Yacht Club cruise.

Do you know which fares are ineligible? It would be good to know in advance for planning purposes.

We were able to get free gratuities(a promotion that was on for short time) and the discount.

PLANNING PRIVILEGES.

MSCVoyager's Club members’ cruise discount extendable to all cabin occupants, valid all year round.

The discount can be combined with all promotions and offers unless otherwise stated in the offers

(excluding TANDEM and MSC GRAND TOUR).. ............. ............ .......... .......................... ..................5%(Classic). .............5%.(Silver) ............5% (Gold )........5% (Black).

exclusive members departures voyages,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 5% + up to 15% (Classic),,,, 5% + up to 15% + €/$50 OBC (Silver),,,,5% + up to 15% + €/$50 OBC (Gold),,,,5% + up to 15% + €/$50 OBC (Black)

pete

Edited by Skier52

PLANNING PRIVILEGES.

MSCVoyager's Club members’ cruise discount extendable to all cabin occupants, valid all year round.

The discount can be combined with all promotions and offers unless otherwise stated in the offers

(excluding TANDEM and MSC GRAND TOUR).. ............. ............ .......... .......................... ..................5%(Classic). .............5%.(Silver) ............5% (Gold )........5% (Black).

exclusive members departures voyages,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 5% + up to 15% (Classic),,,, 5% + up to 15% + €/$50 OBC (Silver),,,,5% + up to 15% + €/$50 OBC (Gold),,,,5% + up to 15% + €/$50 OBC (Black)

We received an email saying this:

"As an MSC Voyagers Club member, you earn points right away and can increase your level membership status instantly. Take 5% off your entire MSC cruise vacation no matter where you want to go; no matter the time of year.

Take an additional 15% off when you choose from one of our most desired itineraries in our exclusive Voyages Selection. Also, Silver, Gold and Black Card members get a complimentary $50 credit to spend onboard. And that‘s just the beginning."

The text you quoted doesn't appear on anything they sent us. "No matter where you want to go; no matter the time of year." sounds, to me, like there are no restrictions.

I wonder which one is correct.

We received an email saying this:

"As an MSC Voyagers Club member, you earn points right away and can increase your level membership status instantly. Take 5% off your entire MSC cruise vacation no matter where you want to go; no matter the time of year.

Take an additional 15% off when you choose from one of our most desired itineraries in our exclusive Voyages Selection. Also, Silver, Gold and Black Card members get a complimentary $50 credit to spend onboard. And that‘s just the beginning."

The text you quoted doesn't appear on anything they sent us. "No matter where you want to go; no matter the time of year." sounds, to me, like there are no restrictions.

I wonder which one is correct.

mine comes from the UK MSC web site under the "Voyager's Club TAB

then Member's benefits

club%20benefits.jpg

Pete

mine comes from the UK MSC web site under the "Voyager's Club TAB

then Member's benefits

club%20benefits.jpg

Pete

Checked the USA site and it says "MSC Voyagers Club members’ cruise discount extendable to all stateroom occupants, valid year-round. The discount can be combined with all promotions and offers unless otherwise stated."

Not exactly the same as yours and not exactly the same as my welcome email. I guess this gives them the option to quote whichever one suits their needs.

"No matter where you want to go; no matter the time of year." sounds, to me, like there are no restrictions.
But they didn't say "no matter what fare you pay"… The fact is that most fares are actually compatible with the 5% VC discount. But not all. We don't have enough details about sverigecruiser's booking to know why they are unable to get the discount. sverigecruiser, did MSC give you a reason or did they just say "no"?

But they didn't say "no matter what fare you pay"… The fact is that most fares are actually compatible with the 5% VC discount. But not all. We don't have enough details about sverigecruiser's booking to know why they are unable to get the discount. sverigecruiser, did MSC give you a reason or did they just say "no"?

The reason is that I didn't provided a Voyagers club number when we booked the cruise.

The reason is that I didn't provided a Voyagers club number when we booked the cruise.

I status matched well after booking my first MSC sailing. I called MSC and gave them my new VC number over a year after booking and they applied the 5% discount without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I status matched well after booking my first MSC sailing. I called MSC and gave them my new VC number over a year after booking and they applied the 5% discount without any problems.

I couldn't provide a number when I booked because I wasn't a member when I booked. I booked before I became member so it's not exactly the same thing.

Can that be the reason?

Who is "paying" the 5%, is it MSC or the TA if a TA is used?

MSC pays the 5%, but it probably affects the TA's commission (since that is usually a percentage of what you pay). But any TA that won't help you get a lower price in order to protect their commission is a very bad TA…

Many people have reported being able to status match after booking and getting the club discount after the fact. But it may make a difference if you booked through MSC in Europe.

MSC pays the 5%, but it probably affects the TA's commission (since that is usually a percentage of what you pay). But any TA that won't help you get a lower price in order to protect their commission is a very bad TA…

Many people have reported being able to status match after booking and getting the club discount after the fact. But it may make a difference if you booked through MSC in Europe.

I understand that it can make a difference that the cruise is booked through MSC in Europe.

Status match after booking is one thing but to became a member after booking may be different.

I couldn't provide a number when I booked because I wasn't a member when I booked. I booked before I became member so it's not exactly the same thing.

Can that be the reason?

Who is "paying" the 5%, is it MSC or the TA if a TA is used?

No, that is exactly the same situation. Maybe you misread. I did not have a Voyagers number when I booked. I knew nothing about the Voyagers club or status match until well over a year after I booked my first cruise with MSC, that I have still yet to sail.

Once I did do the status match and had a number, I called MSC directly, gave them my newly acquired Voyagers number, and they took the 5% off my already existing reservation.

No, that is exactly the same situation. Maybe you misread. I did not have a Voyagers number when I booked. I knew nothing about the Voyagers club or status match until well over a year after I booked my first cruise with MSC, that I have still yet to sail.

Once I did do the status match and had a number, I called MSC directly, gave them my newly acquired Voyagers number, and they took the 5% off my already existing reservation.

I really appreciate that you are trying to help me, thanks!

You wrote that you status matched after booking, I didn't understood that you became a member after booking.

The more information I get about this, the more I can tell MSC when I contact them again! Thanks again!

To joern from Copenhagen, the OP, I'm sorry if you feel that I have kidnapped your thread! I apologize for that!

Edited by sverigecruiser

I really appreciate that you are trying to help me, thanks!

You wrote that you status matched after booking, I didn't understood that you became a member after booking.

The more information I get about this, the more I can tell MSC when I contact them again! Thanks again!

To joern from Copenhagen, the OP, I'm sorry if you feel that I have kidnapped your thread! I apologize for that!

Np! You can call MSC and ask for to speak to someone in the Voyagers Club department, rather than a booking agent. that's where I was re-directed and the rep there was very helpful!

It is absurd knowing that someone on their first MSC cruise as a black card holder is getting the same benefits as someone who has earned it!

They status match because they want to attract cruisers who have shown loyalty to another cruiseline and they want their business. Just off ourfirst MSC cruise and we were black carded owing to our Princess Elite status.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They status match because they want to attract cruisers who have shown loyalty to another cruiseline and they want their business. Just off ourfirst MSC cruise and we were black carded owing to our Princess Elite status.

Dorset Çruiser, we status matched through Princess Elite as well. What did you think of MSC in comparison to Princess?

I phoned the Voyager Club yesterday to enquire which loyalty program I should match with. The person I spoke with wasn't too forthcoming with an answer but eventually she said my celebrity status would do more for me than the other lines. Interesting I have done a lot more cruises with P&O/Princess than celebrity. I am soon to go on a 25 night P & O sydney to san francisco so will phone again after I return as will have more days status by the end of that cruise. As I am not sailing on MSC til September I will have plenty of time to do it. One thing she did mention was to join the club and status match before final payment as after then I could not get the 5% discount.

I booked through a travel agent.

Edited by Tara Jane

Dorset Çruiser, we status matched through Princess Elite as well. What did you think of MSC in comparison to Princess?

We thought the ship was lovely and very clean. Good service. Good drinks package. Good, but different, entertainment. Excellent internet package. Very noisy ship though and we were glad we had no seadays. What could be a dealbreaker for future MSC cruises for us was the food in the MDR. We thought it was quite poor compared to other cruiselines. Loved the fact that we were allowed to keep our cabin until our 2pm disembarkation time. Not sure if that was a black card perk or not but it meant we could go to the beach for the morning with no worries about our hand luggage or having somewhere to get ready for our flight home.

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

We spoke to our travel agent re status match discount. ...We have just had a 5% reduction on our cruise that we paid for late last year . we gained our status match after booking...result

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

We thought the ship was lovely and very clean. Good service. Good drinks package. Good, but different, entertainment. Excellent internet package. Very noisy ship though and we were glad we had no seadays. What could be a dealbreaker for future MSC cruises for us was the food in the MDR. We thought it was quite poor compared to other cruiselines. Loved the fact that we were allowed to keep our cabin until our 2pm disembarkation time. Not sure if that was a black card perk or not but it meant we could go to the beach for the morning with no worries about our hand luggage or having somewhere to get ready for our flight home.

Wow, a 2 pm disembarkation? I've never heard of that! At that time, the next cruisers should be onboard!

Thank you for your insights.

@Tara Jane, are you Elite on Celebrity? We are Elite on them as well, but it was much more difficult to get Elite on Princess, which is why I used that one. But does Celebrity Elite match to Black on MSC as well, I wonder...?

Wow, a 2 pm disembarkation? I've never heard of that! At that time, the next cruisers should be onboard!

@Tara Jane, are you Elite on Celebrity? We are Elite on them as well, but it was much more difficult to get Elite on Princess, which is why I used that one. But does Celebrity Elite match to Black on MSC as well, I wonder...?

Depends on the port, I suppose. If it's a Med cruise, with multiple embarkation and debarkation ports, maybe it's possible.

The Poesia cruises this winter typically embark at either Martinique or Guadaloupe on Saturdays and Sundays for 7 day itineraries. However we were on a 14 day cruise with others from UK that embarked and disembarked in Barbados. We were a large charter group. Having spoken to others in the party, we all had 2pm disembark and were allowed to keep cabins until then. I presume the next occupants would be on the flight from the UK that was taking us home. That would give them time to service the rooms as both our flights took off at around 6pm.

• 3 months later...

Can't fault MSC for status matching. It wasn't a factor in our purchase decision because we didn't know about it in advance. Now that we know about it, the Black status-match with Celebrity won't be a factor in future plans -- the onboard experience will determine that.

You'll know this, but status matching is a common marketing tactic because it's much harder to acquire new customers than to retain those you already have. And status-matched new customers come with a certain level of mostly-verifiable past revenue within a class of travel.

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, & Azamara do it cross-lines -- so someone who's sailed fewer times on Azamara may get the same perks on Serenade of the Seas (for example) as someone who's cruised much more often on RCI.

Airlines may do it for high mileage/high revenue passengers (for example, offering to status-match a PlatExec AA flyer to comparable status on DL).

Hertz has done it for a long time, Hilton and other hotel chains do it.

Too bad for everyone that original Black-level perks were downgraded, but other revenue factors may have influenced that decision rather than just status-matching.