Move Over Offer - Princess

After 20+ cruises with Princess, I received my first move over offer today. We are sailing on Sunday for 7 nights to Tassie on Dawn Princess. The offer is OK, but I am not taking it up. I am sure they will quickly find someone that will.;)

100% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free cruise up to 7 nights * Free cabin upgrade (pending availability)

Edited by By The Bay

After 20+ cruises with Princess, I received my first move over offer today. We are sailing on Sunday for 7 nights to Tassie on Dawn Princess. The offer is OK, but I am not taking it up. I am sure they will quickly find someone that will.;)

100% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free cruise up to 7 nights * Free cabin upgrade (pending availability)

So in effect a free cruise with a free upgrade, not bad, but you've got to be in a position to take advantage of it. We aren't.

Tom, good to see that they are offering at least a good deal for those that can take it:)

Say Hi to Karen and enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks. We have our heart set on going to Tassie and saying good bye to Dawn, before it goes to the Cruislings.

On our recent cruise to New Zealand over Xmas and New Year on the Emerald Princess we had a phone call a few days before we left asking if we would be willing to move cabins to a lesser position. As I had particularly picked our cabin (inside R745 right beside the pool on the back deck) I refused. We were only offered I think 200A$ each to move,no other incentives. The position of our cabin was well worth it and it would have taken a lot more of an incentive to move.

Anne

On our recent cruise to New Zealand over Xmas and New Year on the Emerald Princess we had a phone call a few days before we left asking if we would be willing to move cabins to a lesser position. As I had particularly picked our cabin (inside R745 right beside the pool on the back deck) I refused. We were only offered I think 200A$ each to move,no other incentives. The position of our cabin was well worth it and it would have taken a lot more of an incentive to move.

Anne

A lot of the "move down" offers aren't terribly good.

Though a few people on our Emerald cruise were offered 50% refund (as OBC) to go from a balcony to an obstructed OV.

For seven days I'd have considered that one, as long as the IV was mid ship. I wonder if something like that led to your offer, someone said "Sure I'll go from a balcony to an inside as long as the Inside is R near the pool" so they then offered you something to free up one of those.

Perhaps, I would rarely move if I have picked a cabin and that is for a upgrade within the same type of cabin or a downgrade with OBC but if I hadn't picked a cabin directly, then I am open to the possibilities.:D

It'd depend on the offer I guess.

We need midship. So if it was midship balcony to midship OV and a good enough compensation (on a short cruise) I may consider it. But I book a balcony for a reason. I like having the balcony.

It'd depend on the offer I guess.

We need midship. So if it was midship balcony to midship OV and a good enough compensation (on a short cruise) I may consider it. But I book a balcony for a reason. I like having the balcony.

Likewise.:D

Princess was offering move downs on an NZ cruise that I did. Oceanviews to inside but the email said it was offered to twin share bookings.

I had booked a guarantee obstructed but usually do insides.

Was travelling solo so rang to see if they would extend the offer to me.

They offered me the 50% back as on board credit. For a solo this was a good offer.

Ended up in an inside cabin in a position I most likely would have chosen anyway.

For me it was worth it.

Princess was offering move downs on an NZ cruise that I did. Oceanviews to inside but the email said it was offered to twin share bookings.

I had booked a guarantee obstructed but usually do insides.

Was travelling solo so rang to see if they would extend the offer to me.

They offered me the 50% back as on board credit. For a solo this was a good offer.

Ended up in an inside cabin in a position I most likely would have chosen anyway.

For me it was worth it.

Worked out well for you then.:D

Have done 20 or so cruises with Princess, around 400 days. Never received a move over offer. Most of our cruises have been from overseas, so airfares booked would make any move over offer a no, no. Princess don't compensate you for airfares paid do they, if you accept move over?

Have done 20 or so cruises with Princess, around 400 days. Never received a move over offer. Most of our cruises have been from overseas, so airfares booked would make any move over offer a no, no. Princess don't compensate you for airfares paid do they, if you accept move over?

I wouldn't think so, unless the air was booked through them as well.

Princess offered us a move over last year 4 days before the same perks

as the poster, we declined as we paid nearly $1000.00 in airfares, for

those who don't need to fly or in a younger age group where they don't

pay large travel insurance it would be a good deal.

Princess offered us a move over last year 4 days before the same perks

as the poster, we declined as we paid nearly $1000.00 in airfares, for

those who don't need to fly or in a younger age group where they don't

pay large travel insurance it would be a good deal.

Thought so, if you had paid airfares, other than perhaps Princess Ezy Air, then you are locked in.

We accepted a move over earlier this month for our Sun Princess 3 day cruise down the WA coast.

An offer we couldn't refuse.

S702 SPECIAL FREE 11-NIGHT CRUISE OFFER

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the 05 January 2017 Sun Princess sailing. Move to any voyage up to 11nt worldwide

and receive: * 150% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free cruise up to 11 nights * Free cabin upgrade (pending availability) *

$400 per person air change fees Suggested voyages include: * 07 Night Queensland sailing on Sun Princess, 26 February 2017 * 11 Night Pacific

Island sailing on Emerald Princess, 21 Jan or 07 Mar 17

This offer is only available by calling 13 24 88 Customer Solutions but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come,first

served basis. * Travel agencies will receive a $50.00 bonus commission per cabin if offer is accepted.

Please note, cruise fare refund excludes Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses.

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

We have just rebooked a 11 night Baltic sea on the Regal later this year .

Free Cruise.

150% on board credit from our original booking.

Upgraded to a Mini Suite .

$400 per person flight credit.

Another bonus is its all in USD because we have rebooked a ship using USD.

Very happy with the out come. Thankyou Princess !

Cheers

Johhno

We accepted a move over earlier this month for our Sun Princess 3 day cruise down the WA coast.

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the 05 January 2017 Sun Princess sailing. Move to any voyage up to 11nt worldwide

and receive: * 150% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free cruise up to 11 nights * Free cabin upgrade (pending availability) *

$400 per person air change fees Suggested voyages include: * 07 Night Queensland sailing on Sun Princess, 26 February 2017 * 11 Night Pacific

This offer is only available by calling 13 24 88 Customer Solutions but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come,first

served basis. * Travel agencies will receive a $50.00 bonus commission per cabin if offer is accepted.

Free Cruise.

Cheers

Johhno

OMG, that is some offer and good work for taking advantage of it. Cheap airfares to Europe at the moment too. Well done.:D

Free Cruise.

Cheers

Johhno

Wow, now that's an offer.

We took a move over for a Jan NZ cruise offered two days before departure. We were supposed to get a full fare refund, and 12 night cruise and upgrade, but when I checked the OBC was the fare minus the taxes we had paid for the previous cruise. Can anyone confirm if they got the total fare price refunded in OBC and if we were to book on a USD ship do they adjust the OBC at an exchange rate or is it say $3800 USD or AUD depending on which cruise we re book, hope this makes sense. Thanks.

This is correct. Our cruise refund (OBC) was less taxes and was applied to our new booking. In saying that, our new re booked cruise is all inclusive of taxes.

Meaning we paid for taxes on the first cruise but not on the second.

Our original cruise was in AUD but has now being converted to USD for our move over cruise (Baltic).