Dry dock?

deliver42

I believe the Divina was supposed to go into dry dock in 2016, and then they put it back into 2017. Does anyone know if it is planed, and what will be done?I'm booked for 12/17, and sailed her in 2016, so it's not that important to me, as the ship was in great shape. Just curious.Thank you for your replies.

The term "dry dock" can mean several things, ranging from the ship being tied to a dock for a couple days while undergoing minor maintenance from shore-based resources, to the extreme of being lifted out of the water in a real dry dock for major repairs. In most cases it's just the first variety and it gives the crew a little time to stand down and get some shore leave.

I believe the Divina was supposed to go into dry dock in 2016, and then they put it back into 2017. Does anyone know if it is planed, and what will be done?I'm booked for 12/17, and sailed her in 2016, so it's not that important to me, as the ship was in great shape. Just curious.Thank you for your replies.

It did in October of 2017 for a couple of weeks. I think most of the work was cosmetic and things like pillows etc. I was on it in Dec. and it looked great.

I'm interested to know if they updated the decor in the 16008 Royal Suite (the one that isn't the Sophia Loren) There are very, very few videos of the Divina 16008 on YouTube. Many are several years old.

I know it's done geared to Italian taste, but I think the decor is a bit... Strong. Harsh. Dare I say... Gaudy. Idk. Not quite my cup of tea..

But I'll certainly enjoy it, regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in the Divina YC in September 2016 just before dry dock and again several weeks after (the last week in Oct into the first week in Nov). There were no major changes made except for some cosmetic changes like new carpeting. If engineering or other technical work was done I have no idea. There also was a large staff turnover after dry dock. There was a new concierge staff and a new maitre d' and some new butlers. Unfortunately, we apparently got one who failed his training. :)

Edited by Danbee46

I'm interested to know if they updated the decor in the 16008 Royal Suite (the one that isn't the Sophia Loren) There are very, very few videos of the Divina 16008 on YouTube. Many are several years old.

I know it's done geared to Italian taste, but I think the decor is a bit... Strong. Harsh. Dare I say... Gaudy. Idk. Not quite my cup of tea..

So you are in 16008 coming up? We have it booked for August and yes, haven't seen many photos. I've looked at the ones on CDP but I'm a bit confused - I can tell some are of the starboard room 16008 because they show the balcony but then it shows 3 different pictures of Sophia Loren (as far as I know) also and I thought only 1 room was Sophia themed.

So you are in 16008 coming up? We have it booked for August and yes, haven't seen many photos. I've looked at the ones on CDP but I'm a bit confused - I can tell some are of the starboard room 16008 because they show the balcony but then it shows 3 different pictures of Sophia Loren (as far as I know) also and I thought only 1 room was Sophia themed.

Yes, I'm in 16008 on the Feb 25th sailing. Only 16007 is supposed to be the Sophia Loren Suite, and I think it is still that way. I plan on making a video to post on YouTube and post a review with photos on CC and maybe CDP because they are so few and far between. It seems every video is from the Divina's sister ship.

It was already done.

Yes, I'm in 16008 on the Feb 25th sailing. Only 16007 is supposed to be the Sophia Loren Suite, and I think it is still that way. I plan on making a video to post on YouTube and post a review with photos on CC and maybe CDP because they are so few and far between. It seems every video is from the Divina's sister ship.

So around March 4th we'll have video and pics? Thanks.

I guess the one thing that I kind of don't like is the dark brown furniture. Seems kind of 1970ish.

So around March 4th we'll have video and pics? Thanks.

I guess the one thing that I kind of don't like is the dark brown furniture. Seems kind of 1970ish.

Probably closer to the 7th because that's when we return from Miami, and I don't plan on bringing my laptop. [emoji4]

We have been in that cabin before and not considered it a bit gaudy. That is actually why we prefer it over the Sophia Loren suite. It is much like the other yacht club cabins. We have it again at the end of next month.

I actually prefer the larger yc2 cabins but am getting older and prefer to be closer to the lounge.

We have been in that cabin before and not considered it a bit gaudy. That is actually why we prefer it over the Sophia Loren suite. It is much like the other yacht club cabins. We have it again at the end of next month.

I actually prefer the larger yc2 cabins but am getting older and prefer to be closer to the lounge.

The 360* tour for the Divina Royal Suite on the website now shows it in a different color scheme, but I'm not sure if that is actually Suite 16007 on the Divina or one of its twins from a sister ship. I'll see for myself in 24 days!