Is it disappointing going on a Carnival Cruise after doing a Royal Caribbean cruise?

Carleeb12

If you go in thinking that you will be disappointed, then you will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This!

They will be different but not necessarily bad.

There are things we like and don't like about all the lines we've sailed but we enjoy each of them for different reasons.

I don't think so, why would you think that? Carinval's food is better, it has something going on all the time all around the ship and pools. Besides, a cruise is what you make it, it's what you want it to be. You can spend your vacation comparing cruise lines and complaining about this or that, or you can spend it exploring the ship, what's happening at this time o that time, and just enjoy it.

I would agree that RCL's main shows are more professionally done and not the typical cruise ship show, but that's about all it has over Carnival in my opinion. I've been on many more Carnival cruises than RCL, and I haven't been disappointed with either line except for RCL's food. It's your cruise, make it enjoyable and don't worry about which line is better.

I was on Freedom of the Seas my last two cruises before i sailed on Magic last May. In no way was I "disappointed" in going on Carnival Magic. In fact, it was my best cruise to date so far. I would be lying if I told you all that I preferred the ship itself over Freedom of the Seas. Those Freedom class ships are absolutely breath taking and have a true "WOW" factor to me. I can only imagine the Oasis class would be more of the same. I did however prefer most everything else on Carnival. The food was better, there were more included food options, much cheaper drinks and service every bit on par with what I got on Royal.

If I could get Carnival's great food and "fun ship" atmosphere onboard a Freedom class Royal ship, that would likely be my perfect cruise.

I completely agree. We've been on the FOS twice and I love it, it is a mini Oasis. I didn't like the Oasis because it was soooo big and it was wall to wall people. I love Carnival's food and was disappointed in RCL's.

I have done more than one RCCL ships, and they are good as well. To me, I think you pay a little more for what you get from them.

As for me, I still fall back on doing Carnival, especially if it is the right price/location/date that I want to do.:)

The bigger Royal ships (the actual ships) have more frills and, IMO are "cooler" to look at/explore. The Broadway shows on Royal are pretty amazing on the big ships as well. And finally the suites and suite perks on Royal are superior to Carnival but I would prefer Carnival over Royal in the areas of: food, comedy, itineraries, and value. Basically, the only time I go back to Royal is when they have a new category of ship I want to check out.

Will it feel anticlimactic?

No, I enjoyed both cruise lines equally, and prefer one for some things as I do the second over the first. Out of fifteen cruises, we've done 12 CCL and three RCL. There were different things about each line that the other didn't have. Of course, NOTHING we've sailed on (so far) could compare with the Oasis of the Seas in size. But to many, including my wife, that was a BIG minus. She felt overwhelmed on a cruise ship with well over five thousand passengers. And I will admit it is a bit of a challenge going to a buffet with almost three thousand people ALL running in different directions, breaking in front of others, grabbing food then running up ahead and doing it over and over. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, on a mega ship, patience IS a virtue AND a necessity.

Mac

We found that Royal was much more organized than Carnival. We never waited on RC to tender, get on/off at a docked port, organization was obvious. Our carnival cruise was pushing and shoving to get off at a docked port. Schedule changes, lines galore. We were quite frustrated about how we had to spend our time.