Teal on E Doc

cowboygene

what is the significance of teal on my E doc, what does it signify.

Thanks

I am actually not certain about what you are asking about. Do you mean the color of your luggage tags that are part of the E-docs? If that is the case, then usually it is just different colors for different cruises and different ships, just to separate them on embarkation day.

If luggage tags I'm pretty sure it coincides with the deck your on. Easier to get the luggage to correct deck.

You might be correct, but a couple of years ago I actually upgraded from a balcony stateroom to a suite just a week before the sailing date, and the color of my luggage tags didn't change even though the suite was located on a different deck than my original balcony cabin...

It allows the porters / baggage handlers to more easily identify your bags in case you don't use a color printer... The color signifies zone in which the bag needs to go, which can encompass one or more decks.

Edited by sid_9169

If it is your luggage tags then yes it is so the baggage handlers know what direction to send your luggage. Teal is for the aft of the ship, it really does not matter which deck. Once the bags get to the aft the handlers will then send them to the proper decks. It does not matter if you are in a suite or not, all of the aft is teal at least on the Gem and Breakaway.

Edited by skeeter195
forgot info

If it is your luggage tags then yes it is so the baggage handlers know what direction to send your luggage. Teal is for the aft of the ship, it really does not matter which deck. Once the bags get to the aft the handlers will then send them to the proper decks. It does not matter if you are in a suite or not, all of the aft is teal at least on the Gem and Breakaway.

My "teal" room on Getaway is at the forward elevators. Teal may just designate which internal storage room the bags get loaded to.