Questions for anyone recently on Ruby to Mexican Riviera

TexEm

Can anyone who's recently been on Ruby Princess to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas tell me how different ship's time was in each port compared to port time? Does the ship keep LA time? (I know LA time is an hour behind Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas, and 2 hours behind Puerto Vallarta.) We're doing private excursions and trying to figure the times out.

Also, a laundry question--do the washers/dryers take quarters, tokens, or your cruise card? Is soap provided in the machine? Do we need to bring our own fabric softener?

Thanks for your help. This is our first Ruby cruise.

Mary

Can anyone who's recently been on Ruby Princess to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas tell me how different ship's time was in each port compared to port time? Does the ship keep LA time? (I know LA time is an hour behind Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas, and 2 hours behind Puerto Vallarta.) We're doing private excursions and trying to figure the times out.

Also, a laundry question--do the washers/dryers take quarters, tokens, or your cruise card? Is soap provided in the machine? Do we need to bring our own fabric softener?

Thanks for your help. This is our first Ruby cruise.

Mary

Laundry uses tokens obtained by swiping your cruise card ($3 per wash and $3 per dry) Bring your own soap and dryer sheets as they are expensive to purchase. Can't help on the time zones, but I do know they are different as we have been warned as much by our tour operator. I am going to guess that the clocks will shift one hour but not two.

On the 10day we forwarded our clocks before Cabo and then set them back the last night. We were on time in Cabo and an hour behind PV. We didn't go to Mazatlan.

Laundry

Buy tokens from the machine, credited to your account. Some were having problems with the machine.

$3 wash.

$3 dry.

$1.50 for soap and dryer sheets. Think there also was a bleach alternative. We brought our own, easy enough.

Oh, the dryers take longer to complete a cycle (40minutes) than the washers (30minutes). Medium Dry did not dry our clothes. Had to re-dry them on hot. Make sure the machine is turned on, the buttons were finicky. We used the one on Emerald Aft.

Edited by SadieN

Thrak---will look for the notice board at embarkation, and at the Patters.

SadieN--we're aft on Caribe, so can try the Emerald aft machines if problems on Caribe.

Goofy559--yes, we were warned by our tour operator in Puerto Vallarta.

Just wish this was posted somewhere on Princess in advance. Surely it's constant, or is known in advance? When they show your itinerary port times, is it ship's time or port time?

(the tour operators in PV and Cabo have told me it's port time)

Mary

Thrak---will look for the notice board at embarkation, and at the Patters.

SadieN--we're aft on Caribe, so can try the Emerald aft machines if problems on Caribe.

Goofy559--yes, we were warned by our tour operator in Puerto Vallarta.

Just wish this was posted somewhere on Princess in advance. Surely it's constant, or is known in advance? When they show your itinerary port times, is it ship's time or port time?

(the tour operators in PV and Cabo have told me it's port time)

Mary

We have done this itinerary a few times. They always change the clock ahead one hour the night of the first full day at sea (Sunday night) and don't turn it back until the night of the last sea day (Friday night).

The ship always uses ship time (not local port time) when in port and ship sponsored excursion meeting/departure times always use ship time.

If you are using your cell phone as a watch while on shore, turn off the automatic date/time update setting so you can manually adjust the time on your cell phone to the ships time. So don't miss the ship!

Paul

Edited by cruisincdns

It has been our experience that the ship will adjust to the port time before arriving at the port. The night before a notice will appear in the Patters and a small notice will be placed on your pillow after the cabin attendant turns down the sheets. PV and Mazatlan are on CT while Cabo is on MT and LA is on PT. Your patter for that day will indicate whether their is a difference between ship time and port time as well as a sign as you exit the ship.