What is the 'Ultimate Beverage Package"

carmel

Sorry - cruised a lot but brand new to NCL.

I might book a family suite and I get two 'perks' until 1/29. Can anyone tell me what the ultimate beverage package entails?

Thanks so much. My search function is going wonky so I'm having trouble searching.

The Ultimate Beverage Package (ages 21 & older)

Starting from $79.00 USDper person per day.

Wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program

An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added

The Ultimate Beverage Package (ages 21 & older)

Starting from $79.00 USDper person per day.

Wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program

An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added

Thank you so much for replying. I know this info is out there but my computer has decided to freeze with every search I do.

Anyone know what it means when it is offered with this special that expired on 1/29. Is it ONE ultimate beverage package or one for each of us (5) staying in the suite?

Thanks!

Thank you so much for replying. I know this info is out there but my computer has decided to freeze with every search I do.

Anyone know what it means when it is offered with this special that expired on 1/29. Is it ONE ultimate beverage package or one for each of us (5) staying in the suite?

Thanks!

Carmel, simply click on the promo and scroll down to the bottom of the next page. You will see the link for the Terms and Conditions which will tell you everything you need to know.

Cheers.

Sorry - cruised a lot but brand new to NCL.

I might book a family suite and I get two 'perks' until 1/29. Can anyone tell me what the ultimate beverage package entails?

Thanks so much. My search function is going wonky so I'm having trouble searching.

I thought Suites have always gotten all perks plus no service change, is that not the case for your sailing? 2 perks for balcony and above has been around for a long time, I wouldn't worry too much about the 'expiring 1/29' part. They keep extending it and sometimes changes the perks available slightly. The UBP is only for the first 2 so if u have 4 adults sailing u might want to look at the cost of doing 2 balconies instead of the suite. The $79 pp pd is ridiculous IMO if UBP isn't included. It doesn't include bottled water or specialty coffee; plus it's not hard to find drinks above the $15 max price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey hey, I agree with everybody else but just thought I'd add my thoughts. Ive always had it as part of a package and it's been brilliant! I've done my best to explain the package, what it includes/doesn't and my experience with it here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-unlimited-beverage-package/

I hope that helps! Make sure you try a Raspberry mojito and a mango meltdown.. yummy.

Edited by Eleteace

I have a question about the drink package I am booked in a balcony room I picked the drink package and the dinners here is the thing I do not drink I want to use the package to get non-alcoholic drinks like a virgin dakary the last cruise I paid for the soda card and was tired of soda after 2 days does anyone know do they offer non-alcoholic versions of drink and is the card good for them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I have a question about the drink package I am booked in a balcony room I picked the drink package and the dinners here is the thing I do not drink I want to use the package to get non-alcoholic drinks like a virgin dakary the last cruise I paid for the soda card and was tired of soda after 2 days does anyone know do they offer non-alcoholic versions of drink and is the card good for them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

They will make just about any drink virgin and it will be covered with the drink plan.

i have a question about the "wording". I see online that they have the Ultimate Beverage Package. When i booked my cruise for this October (heavens, i don't even recall when i booked it!) i got a free "perk" for each of us in the cabin. It is called "Adult Beverage Package" on my booking. Anyone know if there is a difference between the Adult and Ultimate Beverage packages? Maybe accessibility to certain stuff?

thanks in advance!!

i have a question about the "wording". I see online that they have the Ultimate Beverage Package. When i booked my cruise for this October (heavens, i don't even recall when i booked it!) i got a free "perk" for each of us in the cabin. It is called "Adult Beverage Package" on my booking. Anyone know if there is a difference between the Adult and Ultimate Beverage packages? Maybe accessibility to certain stuff?

thanks in advance!!

No, it's the exact same thing.

I thought Suites have always gotten all perks plus no service change, is that not the case for your sailing? 2 perks for balcony and above has been around for a long time, I wouldn't worry too much about the 'expiring 1/29' part. They keep extending it and sometimes changes the perks available slightly. The UBP is only for the first 2 so if u have 4 adults sailing u might want to look at the cost of doing 2 balconies instead of the suite. The $79 pp pd is ridiculous IMO if UBP isn't included. It doesn't include bottled water or specialty coffee; plus it's not hard to find drinks above the $15 max price point.

You are correct suite/Haven guests receive all of the promos.

Depends on the bar/restaurant and on the ship. If they say no, you can always order a free coffee (or get it yourself at the buffet) and order a shot of whatever you want to add to it.

Could do that, but I really like the whipped cream (or is it just foamy milk) that tops those specialty coffees;)

Anyone ever do the UBP promo with only one person who drinks? Hubby and I did it in 2015 and definitely got our money's worth, but he's not able to drink alcohol right now (and doesn't drink soda) -- I'd have to drink enough to cover the $200 fee + about $100 to make it worth picking the UBP over other promos. I'm wondering if anyone's ever tried it...

Could do that, but I really like the whipped cream (or is it just foamy milk) that tops those specialty coffees;)

Ask for it in your coffee, it shouldn't be a huge problem (but who knows). Sometimes they'll use real cream and whip it up or use the milk frother on it. Sometimes they just use the stuff that squirts out of a can.

I'd have to drink enough to cover the $200 fee + about $100 to make it worth picking the UBP over other promos. I'm wondering if anyone's ever tried it...
What do you like to drink? There are plenty of cocktails/wines around the $15 mark, so that's really just 20 drinks over the course of your cruise. There are people who drink that much in one day.

In general, the coffees you are referring to are made with espresso. I've not seen drip coffee served with whipped cream. Cappuccino's and latte's are made with foamed milk creating a 'whipped cream' illusion, but some people still put whipped cream on top. Mochas usually have whipped cream on top. All of those are made with espresso, not drip coffee (only free coffee on ship) and are not covered by the UBP.

Edited by sanger727

• 2 weeks later...

Of course the "real" specialty coffees are the best! But, I have served drip coffee with whipped cream on top for dinner parties and it goes over really well (especially if there's a liqueur in it as well:eek:)

Another question - my husband also cannot have much alcohol (a beer at dinner and possibly one at lunch also). Anyone have suggestions as to which cocktails are enjoyable without the alcohol?

Ellen