MDR table size

midwest 852

We have never had this problem before, does anyone know what is the largest table they have in the MDR on the Eurodam?

We travel with family usally around 8 of us this year we have 14 (4 children).

We all do our own thing during the day but like to have dinner together. I really dont like having 2 tables but may have to. :confused:

thanks

I believe the largest table size is 10 but I could be wrong.

When we sailed as a large group, we did the two table thing and rotated amongst ourselves so that we each sat with someone new each evening. But, there were no children in our case. The two tables were close enough that there was only a narrow walkway between the two tables. It worked well for us; hopefully, it can work well in your situation, too.

Just checked the Eurodam MDR layout: http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/EUDM.pdf In the lower level (open dining), the largest is 10. In the upper level (fixed dining), it looks like it's 8. Hope that helps!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I believe the largest table size is 10 but I could be wrong.

When we sailed as a large group, we did the two table thing and rotated amongst ourselves so that we each sat with someone new each evening. But, there were no children in our case. The two tables were close enough that there was only a narrow walkway between the two tables. It worked well for us; hopefully, it can work well in your situation, too.

Just checked the Eurodam MDR layout: http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/EUDM.pdf In the lower level (open dining), the largest is 10. In the upper level (fixed dining), it looks like it's 8. Hope that helps!

You're correct. It's an oval. I'd be inclined to do two or three smaller tables and rotate so people can mingle. If you have a 14 top, there's no way that everyone will be able to hear one another. (Unless you are a really loud people.)

We have never had this problem before, does anyone know what is the largest table they have in the MDR on the Eurodam?

We travel with family usally around 8 of us this year we have 14 (4 children).

We alsl do our own thing during the day but like to have dinner together. I really dont like having 2 tables but may have to. :confused:

thanks

We often travel with a family of 10 and that was the biggest available table. Eventually we realized that doesn't work well as it is too big for comfortable conversation. Now we get 2 tables and mix it up. All girls and all boys, generations, etc. Wish we had thought of it sooner.

We did a cruise where we had 13 at a table, which was arranged by somebody on the CC roll call. We had a great time. Each night we would change seats so we had somebody new besides & across from us. You're right you can't carry on a conversation with everybody & we didn't try to yell down to the end of the table. What ever works for you. Enjoy.

Allan