Carnival Horizon Roll Calls

rocking-m-cruiser

Has anyone found a repositioning cruise for the Horizon - New York to Miami? Even our PVP cant find any date for that and I cant believe they would sail empty.
The last cruise from NYC to Bermuda is 9/13-17 and the first one out of Miami is on 9/22, so that would leave a possible 5 day repo cruise from 9/17-22. But more than likely it'll be a 4 day one with a bunch of VIP and TA stuff on 9/21 in MIA. Just my speculation.

The last cruise from NYC to Bermuda is 9/13-17 and the first one out of Miami is on 9/22, so that would leave a possible 5 day repo cruise from 9/17-22. But more than likely it'll be a 4 day one with a bunch of VIP and TA stuff on 9/21 in MIA. Just my speculation.

There is a VIP event, but have not heard about the dates, and that would fit - time wise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There will not be a repo cruise from NY to MIA because 5 days is not long enough to visit a distant foreign port and make it a legal cruise. Bermuda might be reachable, but it is not considered a distant foreign port. EM

There will not be a repo cruise from NY to MIA because 5 days is not long enough to visit a distant foreign port and make it a legal cruise. Bermuda might be reachable, but it is not considered a distant foreign port. EM

If the ship can do a four day NYC roundtrip with a one day stop in Bermuda, why can't it do the same cruise but end in Miami instead?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

If the ship can do a four day NYC roundtrip with a one day stop in Bermuda, why can't it do the same cruise but end in Miami instead?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Apparently you are not aware of, or do not understand the PVSA (Passenger Vessels Service Act). A foreign flagged vessel cannot carry passengers from one US port to another without calling at a distant foreign port. Despite being in the Atlantic, Bermuda is not considered a distant foreign port. The only ports which qualify are the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) or a port in South America. There have been many, many discussions of the PVSA on these boards. EM

We just booked the Thanksgiving week 2018 (Nov. 17 - Nov. 25) 8 day southern Caribbean on Horizon in a Havana Cabana cabin. We have never sailed with Carnival before so this is all new here for us. It will be me, my husband, and our son, who will be 14 then. While we all don't mind the busyness of the waterslides, etc., it will be nice to be able to retreat to the Havana area for piece and quiet during the day.

• 1 month later...

Last cruise was Feb. 2016 when I was 16 weeks pregnant. Our10yr anniversary is Sept. 2018 and the baby will be 2 by then so we’re thinkingof cruising for our anniversary.

The Horizon will be in NYC at that time and we live in Massso we’re considering the 4 day to Bermuda. We figure since the baby will be 2we’ll probably be OK leaving him for 4 nights with his grandparents!

The notion is very exciting! I need to plan a vaca!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...