1st time on concierge level

wailea4me

We are taking our 2nd Oceania cruise in March and it will be our first time on the concierge level. We were told embarkation is at noon (one hour before the others). Is that pretty strict? If we show up at 11:30, can we likely check in?

Also how does the complimentary laptop and Ipad work? Is it one or the other or can we request both? Thanks for your help

We are taking our 2nd Oceania cruise in March and it will be our first time on the concierge level. We were told embarkation is at noon (one hour before the others). Is that pretty strict? If we show up at 11:30, can we likely check in?

Also how does the complimentary laptop and Ipad work? Is it one or the other or can we request both? Thanks for your help

You might get into the building early but you might also have to wait depending on how many of the upper suite & PH people are there ahead of you

I would forget about the laptop & take your own

If you do not have free internet then you still pay

JMO

Agree with Lyn. The laptop provided in the room is pretty useless for anything but email. If you want to do anything else you are better off with your own equipment.

And checking early is possible assuming there aren't lots of people ahead of you.

Bear in mind that not everyone wants to check in as early as possible, so you may well be able to check in before your allotted time.

Mura

Check in is also partially controlled by the host countries immigrations control people. They tell Oceania how many people they can let through and when. For example, I have seen them have one Agent on duty, when the upper suites are checking in, and not augmenting that number until general boarding starts a couple of hours later. Since you didn't say from where you are sailing, it's difficult to answer your question. Personally, I would never show up early expecting to board early. Far to many variables in play (think perhaps a late decision for an additional deep cleaning!). My last cruise, not withstanding the posted schedule, suite boarding didn't actually start until 12:00 and concierge (I was in one) didn't begin until after 13:00. But, if you like just sitting around the passenger terminal, in lieu of sight seeing in the embarkment City, then have at it! Your cabin will generally be ready 1:30~2:00. This has given me more reason to stay in town until nearer 15:00 before coming to the ship! Then, my cabin is ready, and that bottle of champagne is sitting there on ice awaiting my arrival!:D