Is NCL doing away with 3rd & 4th sail free?

mkmaj

Does anyone know if NCL is phasing out the 3 / 4 passenger free in 2018? I was planning to buy future cruise credits on board but none of the 2018 cruises I've been looking at offer the 3/4 passenger as a perk.

Is this something that is generally not determined until a later date or is it going away?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if NCL is phasing out the 3 / 4 passenger free in 2018? I was planning to buy future cruise credits on board but none of the 2018 cruises I've been looking at offer the 3/4 passenger as a perk.

Is this something that is generally not determined until a later date or is it going away?

Yeah it always comes back

It comes and goes.

I've always wondered where this website is or who gets the inside information passed onto them about what promo is going to be added or taken away. Agreed that it is helpful for the 3/4 sail free - its really the only way that we can afford to take our kids with us - that and years of saving our credit card points for the airfare discount.

I've always wondered where this website is or who gets the inside information passed onto them about what promo is going to be added or taken away. Agreed that it is helpful for the 3/4 sail free - its really the only way that we can afford to take our kids with us - that and years of saving our credit card points for the airfare discount.

I agree. At this point I'm going to hold off on future cruise credits unless they add it before we sail. I like a lot of things about Breakaway vs. Anthem and the perks made this cruise a great value, but right now Anthem is $1300 less for the same dates & itinerary in 2018.

I asked my PCC about it as I was looking to book the Epic or the Escape next January. She said they might not be adding it back to those sailings as they sold really well this past year. If they don't bring the 3/4 passengers sail free back we won't be going. By the time we add in the crazy exchange on our Canadian dollar it is no longer affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked my PCC about it as I was looking to book the Epic or the Escape next January. She said they might not be adding it back to those sailings as they sold really well this past year. If they don't bring the 3/4 passengers sail free back we won't be going. By the time we add in the crazy exchange on our Canadian dollar it is no longer affordable.

Ditto for us. We can't go without the 3/4 the free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got 3rd/4th sail free on our May 2017 cruise when I booked this past October, in fact it's why we booked this particular cruise. The May 20 cruise I booked was the last one on which it was offered until September.

Of course it's an enticement to get people to take the less popular cruises. In our case, it worked. lol But they don't need to entice people to cruise in the summer.

I got 3rd/4th sail free on our May 2017 cruise when I booked this past October, in fact it's why we booked this particular cruise. The May 20 cruise I booked was the last one on which it was offered until September.

Of course it's an enticement to get people to take the less popular cruises. In our case, it worked. lol But they don't need to entice people to cruise in the summer.

You mean cruise ships sail in the summer? :eek: OMG the rates must be sky high - or those people have way better paying jobs than me :D

Just happened to find 3rd and 4th free on Escape for last week in Aug. As our 6 y.o grand daughter had been asking to go on "a big boat", we jumped on it. Ironically, a few days later that offer was gone and no others found for summer cruises.

Ditto for us too.

Lol they sold really well because of the promos!!!

Your PCc will say whatever needs said to get a booking.

Land based trips when done on your own are especially well priced over some cruises. Looking forward to ours in July to Europe

Edited by luvtheships

Lol they sold really well because of the promos!!!

Your PCc will say whatever needs said to get a booking.

Land based trips when done on your own are especially well priced over some cruises. Looking forward to ours in July to Europe

Why would she say that to get a booking? I told her I won't be booking without the 3/4 sail free, so she's knows I'm not booking.