New Web Page

Lakesregion

Ah signs of people having nothing better to do with their time. In my company when I see such things I immediately seek out who the culprit is and fire them as they obviously have never heard the phrase ":If it isn't broken do not try to fix it"

This new layout is anything but user friendly. Shame on the CC design people.

I don't think I can see anything different except the right hand margin seems to be getting bigger with those annoying adverts and the overall colour is a very bright white. Maybe the difference in look depends what device and browser you are using? I'm on a PC with Firefox.

Love the new roll call format and type. Clean, fresh and modern. Well done CC.

If you mean the "Find your Queen.... Roll Call" and there's a list of the cruises in date order, it's been like that for a few months now. :)

Edited by Ray66

I voted "maybe" a couple of weeks ago. I do not carry my phone with me on the ship as it usually stays locked in my safe. Not sure that it would work since many people do not even buy internet time. You (and your entire roll call) would have to be connected all the time to be useful.

As to the new CC look, am I the only one not getting it? Although with all the negative posts on various forums, I think I am glad that I don't have it.

Ah signs of people having nothing better to do with their time. In my company when I see such things I immediately seek out who the culprit is and fire them as they obviously have never heard the phrase ":If it isn't broken do not try to fix it"

This new layout is anything but user friendly. Shame on the CC design people.

I totally agree. It's changed to the new format for me now and I don't like it at all. Looks far too busy and the adverts on the right-hand side are very distracting.

I'm using a desktop PC.

:(

Previously when I came onto this MB I used to click on the bottom unread thread and work my way up the board by clicking on next newest (?) at the bottom right. This facility seems to have disappeared.

The only way out of each thread seems to be by clicking on Forum Jump Cunard Line - Go which leaves me back on the index page again. Unless I'm missing something?

I simply went to settings and reverted to the old format.

I like to see what part of the world the members come from. On the new format it didn't show that. Also, it would be nice to have a "like" button so that people would see you had read it but don't have to write a comment. On another forum there is one lady who feels she has to answer every single comment!!

I like to see what part of the world the members come from. On the new format it didn't show that. ...

That was one of the two things I didn't like about the new format. Also, I preferred the threads that I viewed being highlighted in red.

Although I did not make any change, I am now back in the old format and that is fine with me.

I just visited the British Isles forum and the Roll Calls forum and they have gone to the new style board again. So I guess this one will too again shortly.

As people have suggested, I clicked on my user name, selected Control Panel and then Edit Options, scrolled right down to the bottom of the page to where it says Forum Skin but when I put my mouse over the down arrow, it showed a circle with a line through which means I couldn't change the style.

Forum Skin

There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.