Just Booked Cruise!! Conquest instead of Magic

Mr & Mrs Happy

Hey y'all!!

The hubster and I originally were going to sail on the Magic for our October cruise. But then I remembered my sis"n"law and her hubby had never been on a cruise but wanted to do so, so I told her about our original plans.

She started doing a bit of research and felt the Conquest was better suited. They will be driving from New York. My sis"n"law and her hubby are all about having fun, drinking and dancing, so I know we're all going to have a fabulous time.

I was trying to decide between an interior, ocean view or balcony. On our last cruise, we just didnt use the balcony as much as I thought we would. The hubster did enjoy opening the curtains in the mornings for the sunshine, so I went with an ocean view. It was only a $180 (give or take) difference between the interior and ocean view cabins.

Sooo, I just booked our cruise and now the loooong :( countdown begins but I'm sooo excited. I'm a planner and just started a new binder to be filled with glorious information about our cruise. :D

Edited by Mr & Mrs Happy

Magic is a nicer ship.

I know based on all the research I did prior about Magic...lol. And at the moment, the difference between an ocean view on the Magic vs Conquest is $388. Not sure if that has to do with the cruise on Magic being a 7 day vs 6 days on Conquest.

Either way I'm happy. Conquest has Guys burgers, and that's all I care about and oh the booze...lol. :D I do hate there's no serenity deck.

Was on the Conquest last August and will be back on in less than 90 days. I love the aft pool being adult (or at least the hot tubs). It's not a serentoth area, but I'm not fond of the serenity location on Conquest class anyway

The Conquest is a very nice ship. I do like the Dream better, so I can only assume I would feel the same about the Magic. But, I would sail on the Conquest again in a heartbeat. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Have a great cruise! But why didn't you pick Magic? So much more to offer than Conquest?

Either way, I am sure you will have a blast! 148 days until we're on Magic. Not that I'm counting down or anything......:rolleyes:

Have a great cruise! But why didn't you pick Magic? So much more to offer than Conquest?

Either way, I am sure you will have a blast! 148 days until we're on Magic. Not that I'm counting down or anything......:rolleyes:

I think it was cost wise for my sis"n"law. With it being their first cruise, I'm okay with her making the choice for the Conquest instead of the Magic. Just means the next cruise I book will be on the Magic...lol

We also picked Conquest over Magic for the Christmas cruise we just took last month. I narrowed it down to both and our adult kids ages 18 to 21 actually chose the older Conquest without the ropes and water slides the Magic has as they were more interested in going to ports we had not been to. We had a great time. I could have eaten only at Guys, Blue Iguana or the BBQ place the entire 8 days, all were very good (in my opinion). The ship does show its age, but it offers a lot and we enjoyed it. This was an 8 day Eastern to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Kitts. Enjoy your cruise and initiating the newbie cruisers!

I know based on all the research I did prior about Magic...lol. And at the moment, the difference between an ocean view on the Magic vs Conquest is $388. Not sure if that has to do with the cruise on Magic being a 7 day vs 6 days on Conquest.

Either way I'm happy. Conquest has Guys burgers, and that's all I care about and oh the booze...lol. :D I do hate there's no serenity deck.

Conquest class of ship is a fine size to sail and has all the design kinks worked out from destiny and triumph class. Plus you get 2.0 which the magic doesn't have, at least not yet. Have fun!

Conquest class of ship is a fine size to sail and has all the design kinks worked out from destiny and triumph class. Plus you get 2.0 which the magic doesn't have, at least not yet. Have fun!

Whoa! What 2.0 features does Magic not have? I booked it because it had all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Kelsey D

Whoa! What 2.0 features does Magic not have? I booked it because it had all the bells and whistles.

You're fine, the Magic has all the 2.0 upgrades. We LOVED that ship but wish it had all the bells and whistles when we sailed her in 2015.

Hi. Could you please tell me what you did in St. Kits & St. Maarten.

Were there any souvenir or convenience shops at either dock? And,

did the ship dock or tender? Thank you.

I'm not sure if you were referring to me but our cruise on the Magic went to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan ( well, the winds had different plans for us, we didn't make it to Roatan ).

Sorry I couldn't help.

I was in the same decision as you as we couldn't decide between the Magic and the Glory and we picked the Glory as we thought the Magic is more geared towards kids with the ropes course and etc it was a really hard decision took us a long time lol

In answer to the person who asked the question what to do in St. Marten, we have booked a boat tour/snorkeling trip with Soualiga Destinations three times and have never had a bad experience. It's a smaller group of people and each time our Captain has been very knowledgable, boats were practically new, crew was great and price was worth every penny. You can check reviews on Trip Advisor as well.

Hi. Could you please tell me what you did in St. Kits & St. Maarten.

Were there any souvenir or convenience shops at either dock? And,

did the ship dock or tender? Thank you.

The ships docks at both St Kitts and St Maarten. I know there are shops at the pier in St Maarten. I don't remember St Kitts that well. But I do know I have a t-shirt from there but just don't remember if I bought it at the port or in town.

We have done a tour with Bernards in St Maarten. We stopped at Orient beach, Maho Beach, a couple of other stops including Marigot on the other side of the island. It is a good overview of the island. We have also just gone to Maho beach to watch the planes land. The other 2 times we went to Orient Beach which we happen to really like.

In St Kitts we did a tour with Rose and Jim's Taxi which took us to the Brimstone Hill Fortress, Batik factory, Gibbons Hill, the Black Rocks and ended with time at Cockleshell Beach. It was a good tour. There are several good tour operators offering similar tours of the island.