Mini Bar Selections

Tybeequeen2010

We are preparing for our first O cruise in late February. Curious as to what the mini bar selections are. And, specifically, are there sparkling waters available (Perrier or LaCroix) and are juices included in the selection.

I'm pretty sure there are no bottled juices. You would need to get some fresh ones. You could get these in the dining rooms or room service.

The standard stuff is Coke products, ginger ale, Sprite, tonic water, club soda. As Lyn mentioned you can request a special product, like Perrier. You will need to have your TA take care of the request in advance to make sure you get it. I always request Diet Dr Pepper.

When you meet your room steward you can fine tune your choices for what you want and don't want stocked in the frig. I find it best to write it down, less chance for miscommunication that way. The first day is usually pretty hectic for the stewards.

Edited by ORV

Is there beer, wine or liquor in the mini frig?

Not unless you're in a category above a PH Suite (OC, VS or Owners) or you buy it yourself and put in in. We were fortunate enough to get a cheap upsell to an OC suite on our last cruise. I knew we would get a "complimentary in-suite bar setup with 6 full-size bottles of premium spirits and wines" but I prefer beer so I figured I was out of luck. Lo and behold upon mentioning my preference for beer to our butler he made sure to keep our fridge stocked with Sam Adams. I'm going to miss that on my next cruise unless the upsell fairy visits me again, which isn't too likely. :-(

Edited by Gogie

Can we request Gatorade or similar for the mini-bar? Great way to rehydrate and ready yourself for the next day!!!

We usually just grab a bottle or 2 from the gym but I am sure your room attendants can also get it for you

We've booked into a Penthouse Suite, so this is something the butler can handle, right?

If it is something out of the ordinary that the ship would have to provision ahead of the cruise then you probably should request it in advance. If it's something that's on board then definitely your butler could take care of it. They can also bring you juices.

I'm pretty sure there are no bottled juices. You would need to get some fresh ones. You could get these in the dining rooms or room service.

The standard stuff is Coke products, ginger ale, Sprite, tonic water, club soda. As Lyn mentioned you can request a special product, like Perrier. You will need to have your TA take care of the request in advance to make sure you get it. I always request Diet Dr Pepper.

When you meet your room steward you can fine tune your choices for what you want and don't want stocked in the frig. I find it best to write it down, less chance for miscommunication that way. The first day is usually pretty hectic for the stewards.

We've booked into a Penthouse Suite, so this is something the butler can handle, right?

Great tip! I find that leaving notes is the best way to convey to the Butler.

Does anyone know if the ship carried Vitamin Water Zero...especially the Lemon? I may have asked this before my last cruise, but cannot remember the answer or if they carried it. :o if not, I plan to carry a couple of bottles onboard.