Princess MDR Menus - AUS/NZ

Would love to see any dinner menus from the MDR from recent Tasman cruises. I understand they have been tweaked to suit Kiwi/Aussie tastes, e.g. pavlova.

True?

They had Pavlova instead of the standard NY cheesecake when on the Golden last November.

They have pathetic dry little meringue nests with a dab of cream and two slivers of fruit that they insist on calling pavlova. Any resemblance to a real pavlova is purely in the minds of the executive chefs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So the changes weren't too many? I'm kind of hoping that they haven't made it too local, as I'm looking forward to trying some new things, escargot etc.

They certainly had snails.:eek:

Princess escargot are the best!

They sometimes use local fish, like barramundi.

I haven't been on any non-Australian Princess ships yet to compare. That will happen in September. :D

So the changes weren't too many? I'm kind of hoping that they haven't made it too local, as I'm looking forward to trying some new things, escargot etc.

The lobster isn't anywhere near as good as NZ crayfish but it is tasty and nicely cooked. The prawns are usually delicious.

They usually have pheasant on the same night as the lobster.

Guinea fowl is usually served on the last night.

Dishes that should be spicy are sometimes disappointingly bland.

I haven't been on any non-Australian Princess ships yet to compare. That will happen in September. :D

Mrs Gut likes them too, me blah...

Mrs Gut likes them too, me blah...

Though yep local seafood yummy.

They have pathetic dry little meringue nests with a dab of cream and two slivers of fruit that they insist on calling pavlova. Any resemblance to a real pavlova is purely in the minds of the executive chefs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is why I prefer the cheesecake.:D

The lobster isn't anywhere near as good as NZ crayfish but it is tasty and nicely cooked. The prawns are usually delicious.

They usually have pheasant on the same night as the lobster.

Guinea fowl is usually served on the last night.

Dishes that should be spicy are sometimes disappointingly bland.

I've never seen Guinea Fowl and Pheasant only about three times.

they had them on golden on french night i tried [always said i would not lol] had a nice first two then a not so nice third one first and last time i will try those . no offense to those that like them

Go for it, I rarely eat ice cream and when I do, it is generally Rum and Raison.:D

:D they have that flavour i am sure i saw it when on the Golden but i do think its a good deal you get the snails i get the ice cream. love the bread rolls too so fresh so yummy