Princess MDR Menus - AUS/NZ

They have pathetic dry little meringue nests with a dab of cream and two slivers of fruit that they insist on calling pavlova. Any resemblance to a real pavlova is purely in the minds of the executive chefs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So do they need a Kiwi to offer to show them how to do it properly?:D

Ewwwwww...just..ewwwww.

Oz and Hawka...you two can fight it out for the aussie rights to go first, I'm first in line for the Kiwis!! :D:p

cool lol and agree bread base eeeewwwwllll hope not very eeewwwlll that would be

Ewwwwww...just..ewwwww.

Oz and Hawka...you two can fight it out for the aussie rights to go first, I'm first in line for the Kiwis!! :D:p

I'm a Kiwi, DizzyLizzy5, even though I live in Sydney. :D

And my pavlova recipe is an old Kiwi family one.

I'm a Kiwi, DizzyLizzy5, even though I live in Sydney. :D

And my pavlova recipe is an old Kiwi family one.

ooooh cool as are you willing to share that recipe by any luck of the draw please :)

ooooh cool as are you willing to share that recipe by any luck of the draw please :)

I'm in a generous mood.

3 egg whites - make sure the eggs are large, 59g or more each

1 tsp malt vinegar

3 tbsp cold water

1 1/2 cups sugar

3 tsp cornflour

300-600ml cream, according to taste, whipped until stiff.

Fruit to decorate.

Preheat oven to 180C

Add vinegar to egg whites and beat until stiff, then add water slowly. Mic cornflour into sugar and add to egg whites a small amount at the time. Keep beating until the mix is stiff and glossy.

Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

Pile the pavlova mix onto the tray, keeping it at least 5cms high. Shape into a even round.

Place in oven and turn heat down to 150C. Bake for one hour then remove from oven. The top of this pav will crack but the middle should be firm marshmallow.

Cover with whipped cream to taste.

Decorate with fruit. I like to use sliced kiwifruit around the edges, then halved strawberries, diced mango, raspberries, and finish with passionfruit pulp in the middle.

This recipe serves 8 people generously. Note - if you want to just make a small pav, use one egg and adjust the other ingredients accordingly. Bake for only 40 minutes.

The water and cornflour in this recipe make it less prone to failing - as long as the eggs are big enough.

I'm in a generous mood.

3 egg whites - make sure the eggs are large, 59g or more each

1 tsp malt vinegar

3 tbsp cold water

1 1/2 cups sugar

3 tsp cornflour

300-600ml cream, according to taste, whipped until stiff.

Fruit to decorate.

Preheat oven to 180C

Add vinegar to egg whites and beat until stiff, then add water slowly. Mic cornflour into sugar and add to egg whites a small amount at the time. Keep beating until the mix is stiff and glossy.

Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

Pile the pavlova mix onto the tray, keeping it at least 5cms high. Shape into a even round.

Place in oven and turn heat down to 150C. Bake for one hour then remove from oven. The top of this pav will crack but the middle should be firm marshmallow.

Cover with whipped cream to taste.

Decorate with fruit. I like to use sliced kiwifruit around the edges, then halved strawberries, diced mango, raspberries, and finish with passionfruit pulp in the middle.

This recipe serves 8 people generously. Note - if you want to just make a small pav, use one egg and adjust the other ingredients accordingly. Bake for only 40 minutes.

The water and cornflour in this recipe make it less prone to failing - as long as the eggs are big enough.

awesome as thank you will try that out one day soon :) love Kiwi fruit too and passionfruit raspberries mango etc and if i dont put that on it peppermint crisp will be the go unless i do half the fruit half the crisp

Edited by Hawka