Summer 2018 Prices

Winters Gate

For me it would be nice to try something new even though I don't like Seabourns thing with closed MDR for lunch, the hard part will be to convince my wife to change cruise line , it is probably not doable at all I`m afraid:).

I have to admit i made a misstake by not booking onboard Riviera before we left her a week ago, as I understand it they have a "best price guarantee" if you book onboard.

Oceania also have a US250 Shipboard credit for booking early now i believe.

If we go with this Oceania cruise it will be our 5th and we will become bronzemembers do we then get at US200 Shipbordcredit or is that on the next one?

I believe the amount of shipboard credit for booking on board is dependent on the room you book. It's for the cruise that you are on when you book it.

Have I understood it right that you have to pay 6 cruises to get 5 Cruise credit then?

I stand corrected - it will be on your 5th cruise (pay for 5 cruises not 6):

(From O Club website)

Bronze - Cruise Credits 5-9

Everything from Blue tier PLUS:

$200 shipboard credit

20% savings on any single internet package

Edited by Paulchili

Yes, certainly. And also if you do your own excursions....and if you already have pre-paid gratuities....and if you have shipboard credit. Actually, it's not close. Oceania is still cheaper.

We do drink and do excursions. Plus on Oceania, we have to pay for internet (because we need it for 2 devices), laundry, tips, a higher level stateroom to get the space we are accustomed to, any telephone calls (we get 5 hours included on Regent due to our number of days, and I have an elderly mother that I need to keep in touch with), a newspaper if we want one in the cabin. By the time you include all that, Oceania is more expensive for us.

But like I said, it is a good option for traveling with friends and family who are more limited by budget.

We do drink and do excursions. Plus on Oceania, we have to pay for internet (because we need it for 2 devices), laundry, tips, a higher level stateroom to get the space we are accustomed to, any telephone calls (we get 5 hours included on Regent due to our number of days, and I have an elderly mother that I need to keep in touch with), a newspaper if we want one in the cabin. By the time you include all that, Oceania is more expensive for us.

But like I said, it is a good option for traveling with friends and family who are more limited by budget.

Your last sentence seems to imply that it indeed is cheaper to cruise on Oceania. Of course, that depends on category chosen, drinks, excursions and loyalty benefits.

But I think, apples to apples, O is somewhat less expensive than Regent as on O you can choose to pay for only what you want, unlike on Regent - i.e. larger cabins, drinks and excursions on Regent are included but not free :)

PS - In other words, I can see that for some, like yourself, with your options chosen and your benefits on Regent it might be better to cruise with them just like for me with my preferences and loyalty benefits it makes more sense to cruise on Oceania.

Edited by Paulchili

Apples to apples, it is not less expensive to cruise on Oceania. That is what I am saying. If I lux up the Oceania cruise to get everything that I get on regent, it is not less expensive.

Now for others, who don't drink, or don't take excursions, or don't need two internet packages, etc etc, it is less expensive. But for me, it does not save any money, and in fact, costs slightly more.

It is on the next cruise after you become Bronze.

Seabourn is very nice and has a very loyal following - perhaps your wife can reconsider and try something new? Otherwise you'll never know :D

Hmmm she is very "Oceaniaezed" so that wouldn't be easy, actually it might be an easier task to change wife:D:D, and that I don't want to do!

Edited by Winters Gate

Hmmm she is very "Oceaniaezed" so that wouldn't be easy, actually it might be an easier task to change wife:D:D, and that I don't want to do!

I don't blame you. Looks like you are stuck with Oceania (and your wife) - not a terrible fate :D

Edited by Paulchili

I stand corrected - it will be on your 5th cruise (pay for 5 cruises not 6):

(From O Club website)

Bronze - Cruise Credits 5-9

Everything from Blue tier PLUS:

$200 shipboard credit

20% savings on any single internet package

Yes, we were quite surprised when we booked our next cruise on O that we received the $200 obc for Bronze, since it was our 5th cruise (and the following, separately booked 6th cruise). A very pleasant surprise.

Donna