Elite Member Benefits on Infinity

Jimbo

I would agree we find our diamond perks are way less useful than our celebrity perks, esp the balcony discount that's our favorite. However we cruise celebrity three times as often as royal now because of the ports. Celebrity has way better itineraries than Royal. We stick to Royal for all our carribean cruises when we want more ship entertainment and Celebrity for everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are D+ on Royal and Elite on Celebrity. Overall these days we now prefer Celebrity. We would agree that access to the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (open to D+ on some ships) are very nice perks on RCL. These lounges are always open for coffee/tea, a continental breakfast, and free drinks and a hot/cold appetizer buffet from 5-8:30 PM. We are somewhat less enthusiastic about the Elite equivalent nightly event usually held in the Sky Lounge. More limited drink menu and not anywhere near as good appetizers. If you are cruising only for the lounge perks RCL bests Celebrity. However Celebrity has equivalent or better loyalty perks for everything else. The laundry is a huge one especially for longer cruises. If you are in a suite Celebrity is the much better experience by far in our opinion.

Just a small correction...On Celebrity when they have the nightly social gathering there is NO limit on how many drinks you have...and they also have bottled water available...ONLY when they don't actually have the lounge happy hours (mainly on the TA's) is there any drink limits.

We are elite plus and are planning on doing our first RCL trip...I look forward to seeing differences myself.

They may have changed it, but the two CC we were on last summer gave you 3 coupons and that was it for your drinks whether it was bottled water, soda, or alcohol. It was a big complaint by many people.

Are kids not allowed in the Diamond Lounge on royal?

I think there are some restrictions during the social hours but otherwise yes kids are allowed. However, kids normally don't hang out in the lounges which makes them a haven for reading and being more quite. And you have to have a key to get in compensatory to your level, i.e., Diamond Plus.

They may have changed it, but the two CC we were on last summer gave you 3 coupons and that was it for your drinks whether it was bottled water, soda, or alcohol. It was a big complaint by many people.

They only do this when there are large numbers of Elites on board. Typically TAs. 95% of the time there is an event in the lounge with unlimited free drinks.

We (my family of 4) just got off Infinity earlier this month. We are Elite CC members. Here are a few links to the documents that we had in our stateroom that corresponded to our Elite benefits. I think this will answer most of your questions (or confirm what has already been said by others):

Elite Newsletter (has info on cocktail hour, Elite Lounge, Elite events, and Internet discounts)

Elite Coupon Sheet (12 nights or longer)

Elite Coupon Sheet (11 nights or shorter)

Note that the coupon sheet system is being replaced with your benefits being loaded onto your SeaPass Card.

Although I doubt you will want this, you can purchase a second unlimited internet package for 50% off. This is useful only if you find that you both cannot share the single unlimited internet package.

Thanks for posting these. I'll be on Eclipse in few weeks for a Trans-Atlantic and they can come in handy since this will be only my 2nd cruise at an Elite level. I hope they do this. I thought they just loaded these perks on your card because during a Reflection Caribbean 7 day cruise we did not have coupons.

On the Reflection the cocktail reception was in the Sky Lounge, never got that crowded. No limit on drinks as far I could see. I am betting Eclipse will be the 3 coupons. Always noticed on previous TAs a lot of Elites take those.

Charles4515, I stand corrected as we were Elite Plus. It was last summer when we took 2 Celebrity cruises. Yes, there is a backstage tour but no bridge tour. And yes there are a couple of perks that Celebrity has the RCCL does not. But overall CC pales in comparison. A major thing for us is having a 24/7 place to go that is away from the noise, kids, etc., and CC does not have that. But like anything its what you get used to and we were pampered more on RCCL so it left an impression. Does not mean that we do not do CC as we have 4 lined up this year alone.

Just so it is clear being Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean does not give Elite Plus reciprocity. And being Elite Plus on Celebrity does not give me Diamond Plus on Royal. I am Elite Plus on Celebrity and but only Diamond on Royal. I have a few points yet to reach Diamond Plus. So I can't really compare the Diamond Plus benefits. I recently made Elite Plus on Celebrity, last cruise, but when I was an Elite I did the backstage tour, a bridge tour and a galley tour and a tour of the engine control room. Three times invited to the Captains table. On Royal I never had any of those tours and was never invited to the Captains table. So I feel I got more pampering on Celebrity. I don't however book based on the benefits. At the moment I have cruises booked on Royal Caribbean and Princess. Both booked because of itinerary. The benefits are nice on all three since I have some status, Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean, I appreciate them, but I don't think on those three lines they are going to sway me.

Edited by Charles4515

I have never had drink coupons on Celebrity. On all my sailings the Elite social hour was in a lounge. There was never any limit. Two Celebrity sailings last year, the most recent last December. I believe they only do coupons on sailings where there too many members to have the social hour in a lounge. Usually transatlantics. The lounges they hold the Elite social hour in can hold more that the dedicated Diamond lounges. It was on Royal that I had drink coupons issued on recent sailings.