Elite Member Benefits on Infinity

Jimbo

I assume we get this since we are Diamond Plus on RCCL. For RCCL we are able to Concierge Lounge nightly for free drinks.

So I see below Celebrity has something called Evening cocktail hour, where is that held on Infinity and what are the hours for that considering some have early and late dinner times? Is that free drinks like RCCL has?

We are going on an 11 day cruise and right now we have the 2 perks, OBC and Free unlimited internet, wondering now since it looks like we each get a free 90 minutes if it might be worth it to get the free gratuities instead. How much would that be for 2 people in a regular Balcony cabin?

Where is the Captains Club Lounge? How is that?

What is the Persian Garden?

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package

• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call

• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room

• Elegant tea invitation*

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

The evening cocktail hour on Celebrity is held between 5:00 & 7:00. It is not held on the first night, and on the night of the Captains Cocktail party. I believe Celebrity has switched over to the 3 drinks on the seapass card. The Captains Club Lounge is usually held in the Sky Lounge during those hours serving hor dourves, or you can go to most bars to get your drink.

The tips in a regular balcony for 2 on an 11 night cruise would be $297.00 ($13.50 pp/day x 2 people x 11 days).

Sorry I cannot reply about Persian Gardens as I have not gone there yet.

I assume we get this since we are Diamond Plus on RCCL. For RCCL we are able to Concierge Lounge nightly for free drinks.

So I see below Celebrity has something called Evening cocktail hour, where is that held on Infinity and what are the hours for that considering some have early and late dinner times? Is that free drinks like RCCL has?

We are going on an 11 day cruise and right now we have the 2 perks, OBC and Free unlimited internet, wondering now since it looks like we each get a free 90 minutes if it might be worth it to get the free gratuities instead. How much would that be for 2 people in a regular Balcony cabin?

Where is the Captains Club Lounge? How is that?

What is the Persian Garden?

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package

• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call

• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room

• Elegant tea invitation*

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

Celebrity does not have a dedicated Captains Club Lounge on any ship. They use different rooms most often the various sky lounges for the evening event. The morning event is usually held in one of the Specialty restaurants. You will get a letter in your stateroom explaining where everything is and how it operates.

Also, this may be dumb on my part but make sure you have obtained a Captain's Club number and associated it with your reservation. Membership is not automatic.

Edited by dkjretired

Some nuances. On Celebrity, there is no real equivalent to the dedicated Diamond Club on RCL. If you are Elite or Elite+ you go to a private event in the Sky Lounge between 5-7 pm. Some Celebrity ships give you 3 drinks on the sea pass card if there are a lot of Elites on board. All RCL ships give you the 3 drinks on your card starting at Diamond and access to the Diamond Lounge - which also has a dedicated Diamond concierge and a premium coffee machine. The Celebrity Captain's Club concierge usually has a desk with office hours somewhere on ship. On RCL there is a concierge club on ships for premium suites and for Diamond+ members (except no D+ on Oasis class). On Celebrity there is Michael's Club for all suites and Pinnacle members.

Checked my reservation on the Celebrity web site and yes they all ready have us down for elite. So that is taken car of.

Now I see where unlimited internet would cost us $269.10 for one person. I have no trouble just getting one of those for my wife and me just using the free 90 minutes and if I need anymore time I just go on when she is not online. Is that what people do?

Also on RCCL they have a coupon book sometimes with 20 or 30 percent off a internet package. Will something like that be in our stateroom? If so I could wait until then to sign up for that and switch out my 2 perks to free OBC $ 300 and free tips $297.00. now.

Seems to be better value doing it that way right?

The free internet package allows one device at a time. It can be any device as long as you have the password. Others here have said that if you call the Captains Club and ask, they will arrange it so you can buy your internet in advance and get your Captains Club discount. That would work well because the internet packages are usually discounted if bought before the cruise. That is on my to do list for next month before we leave on our China/Korea/Japan cruise in March.

I don't see any where on the Elite or Elite + benefits listings about discounted internet packages or where the coupons would be?

I booked through a travel agency, do they have to do the calling to pre book the internet packages or can I just do it myself and can I do it before final payment?

I don't see any where on the Elite or Elite + benefits listings about discounted internet packages or where the coupons would be?

I booked through a travel agency, do they have to do the calling to pre book the internet packages or can I just do it myself and can I do it before final payment?

You get I believe it's 90 minutes put on your card. Remember if there are two elites it's 180 minutes.

To get the Elite discount for unlimited when pre booking you call the Captains Club. If you wait until onboard they will give you a promo code but the price onboard is higher than the pre booking price. If you are good with the 90 minute Elite packages when you register for the internet onboard you will see that option listed for the free 90.

You get I believe it's 90 minutes put on your card. Remember if there are two elites it's 180 minutes.

The way it was in December they had the 90 minute Elite option when registering online. Or a promo code. Those who had unlimited as a perk got a voucher with the code. Those Elite or Elite Plus who didn't buy in advance, or have it as a perk could get a promo code for a discount off the unlimited at the iLounge.

The other discounts that used to be coupons are on your card. For laundry you write it on the laundry list.

Edited by Charles4515

We've always been on sailings where the cocktail hour was in the Sky Lounge between 5-7 PM. Be aware that the same MDR dress code applies for this evening event. Some cruises will give you three vouchers if there are a lot of higher tier pax onboard, but we haven't experienced that. We love going to the lounge .... just something about a nice spot to enjoy a cocktail before dinner and that was certainly no exception on the Infinity. The drinks are off a limited menu but I have found them to be quite enjoyable and they are without charge but they will just check your card when entering the room and unlike RCCL, they will make sure they are not removed from the lounge so you are unable to take a glass of wine to dinner with you from the lounge. If they have the vouchers in place on your cruise, that wouldn't apply.

We've also taken advantage of the coffee house breakfast but especially if we didn't have the beverage package as the cappuccinos and mimosas are complimentary. The breakfast menu does not include anything cooked to order ... more of a continental breakfast but still relaxing and more than sufficient if you like a small meal for breakfast.

On the M-class ships (Infinity), the Persian Gardens is not super impressive. It is in the spa and includes a heated tile bench and is inside so no views as on the S-class ships. You can use it on one port day with the reciprocal elite status.

Since we never use even the 90x2 minutes of internet that is provided, I cannot really speak to this. It would never be worth it for us to purchase it even if we had no minutes offered. For me, the perk I would choose instead would be the gratuities which is nearly $300. But hey, that's just me.

It shouldn't be a problem changing my perks now before the cruise right. Does my travel agent do it or can I do it by calling the Captains Club phone number?

I plan on calling the Captains club number to get the discounted unlimited internet for my wife only. I will just keep the free 90 minutes for myself, if that should run out I will go online using my wife's code when she is not online.

Edited by Jimbo

We have never tried to change our chosen perks, so have no idea if it is even possible. Anyone?

I believe it would have to be done by the travel agent. Anything can be done, the question would be if Celebrity would change the fare.

I didn't exactly change them. I booked two cruises with one perk and then they advertised two perks included. I was able to get a second perk added without any fare change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

We have never tried to change our chosen perks, so have no idea if it is even possible. Anyone?

Just did it a week or so ago and I was past final payment. I called the Captains Club and they told me that technically speaking it is not allowed, but that they do it all the time.

The OP will need to contact his TA and will hopefully have the same result.

Mike

It shouldn't be a problem changing my perks now before the cruise right. Does my travel agent do it or can I do it by calling the Captains Club phone number?

I plan on calling the Captains club number to get the discounted unlimited internet for my wife only. I will just keep the free 90 minutes for myself, if that should run out I will go online using my wife's code when she is not online.

We (my family of 4) just got off Infinity earlier this month. We are Elite CC members. Here are a few links to the documents that we had in our stateroom that corresponded to our Elite benefits. I think this will answer most of your questions (or confirm what has already been said by others):

Elite Newsletter (has info on cocktail hour, Elite Lounge, Elite events, and Internet discounts)

Elite Coupon Sheet (12 nights or longer)

Elite Coupon Sheet (11 nights or shorter)

Note that the coupon sheet system is being replaced with your benefits being loaded onto your SeaPass Card.

Although I doubt you will want this, you can purchase a second unlimited internet package for 50% off. This is useful only if you find that you both cannot share the single unlimited internet package.

One other thing, we found the current Infinity Captains Club Hostess, Alexandra Fataccioli, to be very nice and helpful. She will be glad to assist you with any questions or issues.

We (my family of 4) just got off Infinity earlier this month. We are Elite CC members. Here are a few links to the documents that we had in our stateroom that corresponded to our Elite benefits. I think this will answer most of your questions (or confirm what has already been said by others):

Elite Newsletter (has info on cocktail hour, Elite Lounge, Elite events, and Internet discounts)

Elite Coupon Sheet (12 nights or longer)

Elite Coupon Sheet (11 nights or shorter)

Note that the coupon sheet system is being replaced with your benefits being loaded onto your SeaPass Card.

Although I doubt you will want this, you can purchase a second unlimited internet package for 50% off. This is useful only if you find that you both cannot share the single unlimited internet package.

Thanks so much for posting this--on our next cruise we'll be Elite!

Also, am I correct in assuming there are no free drinks for Elite on the evening of embarkation?

Thanks so much for posting this--on our next cruise we'll be Elite!

Also, am I correct in assuming there are no free drinks for Elite on the evening of embarkation?

Your very welcome. And, yes, nothing on embarkation day as far as free Happy Hour is concerned.

Just got off Eclipse last weekend.

When we boarded we went to the ILounge and the attendant converted my 90 minute elite benefit into a 30% discount for unlimited internet on one device.

Perhaps that interests you.

How did that work out price wise ? It looks like unlimited internet on our next cruise would be $287 for one device. We both get 90 min for free. Would love to apply the value of those towards an unlimited internet package. Do they always do this or ship by ship decision ? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's correct...no free drinks the first night or the night of the captain's party. Of course if you have the drink package, you wouldn't care.

Changes to your perks are handled by your Travel Agent...they are codes on your reservation. Check your booking....our last four bookings have been wrong....caught before the cruise and corrected with no problem.

How did that work out price wise ? It looks like unlimited internet on our next cruise would be $287 for one device. We both get 90 min for free. Would love to apply the value of those towards an unlimited internet package. Do they always do this or ship by ship decision ? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, the captain's club discount on internet is standard. Just call the captain's club to purchase your unlimited internet package and they will give you the discounted price.

The evening cocktail hour on Celebrity is held between 5:00 & 7:00. It is not held on the first night, and on the night of the Captains Cocktail party. I believe Celebrity has switched over to the 3 drinks on the seapass card. The Captains Club Lounge is usually held in the Sky Lounge during those hours serving hor dourves, or you can go to most bars to get your drink.

The tips in a regular balcony for 2 on an 11 night cruise would be $297.00 ($13.50 pp/day x 2 people x 11 days).

Sorry I cannot reply about Persian Gardens as I have not gone there yet.

If the 3 drinks are loaded on our Seapass cards can we use them in the MDR/Select dining to get a drink with our meal?