Another coffee card question... Cost of card vs. cost of Refreshment package

Aerya

Please enlighten me as to why the coffee card is more expensive than the Refreshment package (non-alcoholic)?

The cruise planner gives me $41 CAD for the coffee card (for 15 coffees). And the Refreshment package is $34 CAD. I'm guessing both have the 18% gratuities added automatically as well.

I wonder why the limited card is more expensive while the unlimited package is cheaper. What's the point? You might as well get the Refreshment package for cheaper and get water, soda, fresh juice and virgin drinks too!

Am I missing something? Is the coffee available under each product offered in different places (MDR, promenade cafe, etc.)? I'm going on the Navigator so I'd only use the card/package in those two places and perhaps the WJ.

Thanks for your help!

You are missing the fact that the unlimited package is $34 CAD per day, not per cruise.

The coffee card is $41 CAD one time fee for a limited amount of drinks.

Edited by clarea

You are missing the fact that the unlimited package is $34 CAD per day, not per cruise.

The coffee card is $41 CAD one time fee for a limited amount of drinks.

Oh my gosh, thank you! I guess I'm half awake or something... I totally forgot it was per day! It seems I need a coffee LOL

I guess it makes sense to get the coffee card then if you're not interested in the other drinks that the Refreshment package offers.

Thanks again. I'll go hide under a rock now.

Oh my gosh, thank you! I guess I'm half awake or something... I totally forgot it was per day! It seems I need a coffee LOL

I guess it makes sense to get the coffee card then if you're not interested in the other drinks that the Refreshment package offers.

Thanks again. I'll go hide under a rock now.

You're welcome, and no need to hide. RC does not always make things very clear on their website, especially when it comes to how much things cost. :)

Also, if you had opted for the package, once you got to the payment part, it would have very obvious when you saw the price.

I have a question about the coffee card. If you are doing a B2B cruise (14 days total) pay the $41 for 15 coffees on the first, can you use it for both legs of the cruise I.E., all 14 days?

You should be able to unless they don't sell the cards at all on the second leg and don't accept them.

Not saying it cannot happen elsewhere, but MJ is a different world from other RC ships.

No doubt, but I have Serenade 21 days, Rhapsody 21 days, oasis 42 days until I try and use the card again on MJ

Then back to Oasis 35 days, Allure 7 days, and Explorer 23 days//

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Are you able to order 2 coffees at a time? Im doing a 4 night on the Indy in march, and dont know that i will be able to drink 15 coffees in 4 days, but the couple we are going with, she is a coffee drinker also. Would i be able to walk up with her and order 2 and use the card for both?

That will work

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

For the coffees that have different sizes, does size ordered affect the number of punches on the card per purchase? If so, I might need need 2 cards for a 12-nighter!!:p

It didn't for me. I ordered medium iced and large hot coffees (mocha, cappuccino, etc). It was always one punch for me on Jewel Nov 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Forums