Mobile passport app

suss1234

Has anyone used the mobile passport app at Port Everglades?

If so please tell me if it was easy to use

and if it actually worked.

THANKS!!

Yes I used it yesterday and it worked great. I recommend downloading it at home and putting in all your passport info and take your picture. You are able to put in in info for all your family members. Edited by FLACRUISER99

We had it ready to go after our Thanksgiving cruise on Harmony but I had filled out the paper form just in case there were any troubles. The line for the Mobile Passport was longer and slower than the normal line when we disembarked!!!!

We had it ready to go after our Thanksgiving cruise on Harmony but I had filled out the paper form just in case there were any troubles. The line for the Mobile Passport was longer and slower than the normal line when we disembarked!!!!

I've heard that can happen for some disembarkations. Probably a lot of delays created by people who haven't got the process down. In the mean time, we have our NEXUS cards and a paper declaration form filled out and will go to whatever line is shortest.

Looks like the app is only "live" at Port Everglades... Bummer as I wanted to try it in Port Liberty-NJ

I think that PE is a guinea pig for cruise ports. If it works well and is effective in speeding people through primary, they might expand the program as they did with airports.

Forgive me for asking a question that is slightly off-topic ... in addition to the mobile app lines, can someone confirm that there is a Global Entry area at PE? I've heard there was but am not 100% sure. My wife, daughter and I have GE due to our international travel, and find it an excellent program to be in and out of immigration / customs in no time.

Thanks,

Michael

Forgive me for asking a question that is slightly off-topic ... in addition to the mobile app lines, can someone confirm that there is a Global Entry area at PE? I've heard there was but am not 100% sure. My wife, daughter and I have GE due to our international travel, and find it an excellent program to be in and out of immigration / customs in no time.

Thanks,

Michael

Disembarked last month at PE Terminal 18, had Global Entry line and no wait.

What is the procedure for using this app? I will be going to Europe this summer through Newark Airport. I have the app but I couldn't find out how to use it.

The links below give you all the information you should know, but to run through it quickly, after downloading the app you need to create a profile for yourself and family members travelling with you. This includes biodata, passport information and a photo that you can take from within the app.

When you return, you'll need to fill in trip details and a declaration form in the app. When you arrive at the airport and access to your cell provider's network or the airport wifi, submit that information to CBP. You will receive an e-receipt with a barcode which will be good for four hours. There may be a separate line for Mobile Passport users or there may be a line combining Mobile Passport with Global Entry. When you arrive at primary, you will need to show your e-receipt along with your passports.

I've only used mine at Port Everglades and it was quick and easy. Others at different times have found the separate Global Entry line quicker. I have Nexus, so I fill in my paper declaration form and have that handy so I can go to whatever line seems to be the fastest moving.

http://www.mobilepassport.us

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control/mobile-passport-control-frequently-asked-questions

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

I had planned to use it when debarking from Allure in Jan. I was directed to a very short line and I was ready to use it. The officer said he didn't like the app and just wanted to see my passport. I guess he didn't like the technology of today. I showed my passport and off I went. Easy peasy!

The links below give you all the information you should know, but to run through it quickly, after downloading the app you need to create a profile for yourself and family members travelling with you. This includes biodata, passport information and a photo that you can take from within the app.

When you return, you'll need to fill in trip details and a declaration form in the app. When you arrive at the airport and access to your cell provider's network or the airport wifi, submit that information to CBP. You will receive an e-receipt with a barcode which will be good for four hours. There may be a separate line for Mobile Passport users or there may be a line combining Mobile Passport with Global Entry. When you arrive at primary, you will need to show your e-receipt along with your passports.

I've only used mine at Port Everglades and it was quick and easy. Others at different times have found the separate Global Entry line quicker. I have Nexus, so I fill in my paper declaration form and have that handy so I can go to whatever line seems to be the fastest moving.

http://www.mobilepassport.us

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control/mobile-passport-control-frequently-asked-questions

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

Thanks so much! I have it all set up (photo, etc.) but I never really got into the app because I don't have any departure information as yet. These links and your instructions will help a lot!