Michael's Club Question

Toledo7

Kay does terrific mango mojitos as well and is a joy to have in Michaels. Judy, who is often there as well, did a great run for us from an Officers ' evening in Sky Lounge to get a 10 year old port from downstairs just for us. Along with Sylvia, the Concierge, one could not ask for a better set of people to make Eclipse's Michael's Club one of the best.

I'm going for the mango mojito this afternoon - thanks for the tip!

Edited by vtcruising

And I have two cruises booked on board for 2018 which also include this BUT if I booked those in the U.K. I would only have received the classic package which is the same as it is just now. I intend booking 2 cruises on board in a few weeks time and will again get all 4 perks plus the premium upgrade for booking suites.

That offer is not available here. Over the 2 cruises the extra benefits I get by booking on board the 2 cruises is over $3000.

If you book a Sky Suite in the US you get all four premium perks on most cruises. That is online or thru an agent. That has been for at least a year or so. I have 4 cruises next year in a Sky Suite booked thru an agent and all come with the all in perks. Sometimes senior rates are the same price as getting all the perks. But with the senior you save a few dollars and that is all.

If you book a Sky Suite in the US you get all four premium perks on most cruises. That is online or thru an agent. That has been for at least a year or so. I have 4 cruises next year in a Sky Suite booked thru an agent and all come with the all in perks. Sometimes senior rates are the same price as getting all the perks. But with the senior you save a few dollars and that is all.

At least the booking on board has meant that we don't need to take the exchange rate issue that we have if we use a US TA.

Historically, U.K. deals are worse than those in the US other than for the RS we has in Silhouette last year. There was an genuine buy one get one half price which saved us around £2,000 after taking into account the loss of our deposit. I am 100% sure that we will never get that sort of deal again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm confused. Looking at the various suites on X, I don't see access to Michael's listed in cabin descriptions for Sky Suite 1 or 2, but there is access to Luminae; however, I see access to Michael's listed with Celebrity or higher suites descriptions.

So, is this something new that X hasn't placed in the suite cabin descriptions?

I don't see much difference between the S1, S2 and Celebrity suites at all other than maybe size and location) -- am I missing something here?

Okay, I'm confused. Looking at the various suites on X, I don't see access to Michael's listed in cabin descriptions for Sky Suite 1 or 2, but there is access to Luminae; however, I see access to Michael's listed with Celebrity or higher suites descriptions.

So, is this something new that X hasn't placed in the suite cabin descriptions?

I don't see much difference between the S1, S2 and Celebrity suites at all other than maybe size and location) -- am I missing something here?

A change was made about a year ago that gave Sky Suite passengers access to Michael's Club. I thought that this would create an overcrowding situation that would diminish service, but except for Reflection on some cruises, I was glad to be proven wrong.

I terms of Premium Package for Sky Suites: It depends on the promotion in effect for a particular cruise.

We are just wondering if we would be happier in a Concierge Cabin with a drink package than in the Sky Suite (our cruise is not one of them that is part of Celebrity's Sail Beyond Event).

Thanks for your help!

Definitely stay with the Sky Suite. Luminae is far superior to other restaurants and will be quite nice for a special occasion. You will be able to get all the drinks you want free in Michael's Club. Have a great cruise.

Carolyn